Author Topic: Dave Ramsey LIVE  (Read 37753 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Dave Ramsey LIVE
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 04:28:54 PM »
Minimizing debt is a great idea, most financially responsible people understand that concept. Financially savvy people also know how to leverage cheap debt in their favor, or take advantage of zero interest loans, credit card offers etc. I guess if you can't trust yourself and your own judgement then taking part in his scheme has some merit.

I'll agree with that.  It's an extremist concept.  If you're intelligent enough to handle your own finances, his method isn't for you.  If you aren't intelligent enough to understand how to use debt to your advantage, then, yes, by all means, pay ten dollars and go see Dave Ramsey.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 04:44:31 PM »
FYI - they're called Predators not animals.  Animals isn't scary enough, duh.  And goddamn Dave Ramsey for helping stupid poor people figure out how to maintain decent credit so they can get more at a reasonable cost if they want.  $10!!! what a Predator.

Ramsey doesn't tell people how to get decent credit.  He tells people how to live without credit.

As reference above, the only time I ever heard that guy tell someone that it was okay to have credit was when a guy started talking about buying a house.  And then, Ramsey said that you should only do it if you had 20% to put down on it.

Yeah, like everyone, especially those in their mid-20's to early-30's, has $20-$40K lying around somewhere.  Especially after we've spent all of our life savings buying our used mini-van with cash.

Suck it up, pay the 3% interest on your car, and put down $50 bucks a month for PMI so you can have some cash lying around and start building equity earlier.  People should learn how to use credit and not avoid it.  It's called 'living in the 21st century'.

you're missing the point because you don't understand everyone hates poor people and thinks they shouldn't get anything.  dave ramsey helps them, goddamn him!!!!!!!!

also, if you understand everything you wrote, and actually stick to it, you probably wouldn't benefit from Dave Ramsey LIVE (without instruments).  most people either don't know any of that, or are too undisciplined (aka stupid) to help themselves
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 04:47:06 PM »
How do people get hotel rooms without credit cards? Or buy gas without walking into the store?

I think they use these cards tied to their checking account that serve a similar capacity to what a check would do.  Just what I have heard through rumor though, these animals are capable of anything.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FYI - they're called Predators not animals.  Animals isn't scary enough, duh.  And goddamn Dave Ramsey for helping stupid poor people figure out how to maintain decent credit so they can get more at a reasonable cost if they want.  $10!!! what a Predator.

lol at paying 10 dollars to see a guy who doesn't even play an instrument. what a rip off.

true story, there's a thread started by a goEMAW poster who's paying top dollar (well in excess of $10) to see some lady perform live, and that lady doesn't even play an instrument in her performance.  talk about predatory, yeesh

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 04:48:23 PM »

Ramsey doesn't tell people how to get decent credit.  He tells people how to live without credit.

As reference above, the only time I ever heard that guy tell someone that it was okay to have credit was when a guy started talking about buying a house.  And then, Ramsey said that you should only do it if you had 20% to put down on it.

Yeah, like everyone, especially those in their mid-20's to early-30's, has $20-$40K lying around somewhere.  Especially after we've spent all of our life savings buying our used mini-van with cash.

Suck it up, pay the 3% interest on your car, and put down $50 bucks a month for PMI so you can have some cash lying around and start building equity earlier.  People should learn how to use credit and not avoid it.  It's called 'living in the 21st century'.

oh, okay "Panbigjanbankdrum"  I'm on to you  :dubious:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 05:00:56 PM »

you're missing the point because you don't understand everyone hates poor people and thinks they shouldn't get anything.  dave ramsey helps them, goddamn him!!!!!!!!

also, if you understand everything you wrote, and actually stick to it, you probably wouldn't benefit from Dave Ramsey LIVE (without instruments).  most people either don't know any of that, or are too undisciplined (aka stupid) to help themselves

If poor people want to buy stuff, they shouldn't listen to Dave Ramsey.  He'll tell them to save up ten grand to buy a used Ford Escape.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 05:03:43 PM »

If poor people want to buy stuff, they shouldn't listen to Dave Ramsey.  He'll tell them to save up ten grand to buy a used Ford Escape.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Poor people should be screwed over with reckless abandon.  Makes the rest of us look way more responsible and financially savvy.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 05:03:55 PM »
they actually cost $42.

https://www.daveramsey.com/live/registration/city/Kansas%20City/date/20110305/

Looks like jeffy got one hell of a cash discount.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 05:11:31 PM »
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Poor people should be screwed over with reckless abandon.  Makes the rest of us look way more responsible and financially savvy.

That's not what I'm saying.  You should educate the 'poor' on how to take advantage of tools out there that can help them A) build credit responsibly and B) use it wisely.  You shouldn't tell them how to 'get out of debt' by not taking on debt.

The bottom line is that anyone can learn how to manage their finances by using Mint.com, a pad of paper, and a calculator.  If you don't have access to a computer, or you don't know how to use one, then yes, pay for everything in cash because there is no way you're capable of managing 21st century finance.  You also better bank at a place that requires tellers to know your name and give you cookies every time you come through the door.

I'm not going to go off on additional tangents because I can tell you're not really someone that's good at this sort of banter.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 05:20:40 PM »
How do people get hotel rooms without credit cards? Or buy gas without walking into the store?

I think they use these cards tied to their checking account that serve a similar capacity to what a check would do.  Just what I have heard through rumor though, these animals are capable of anything.

lol at paying 10 dollars to see a guy who doesn't even play an instrument. what a rip off.

true story, there's a thread started by a goEMAW poster who's paying top dollar (well in excess of $10) to see some lady perform live, and that lady doesn't even play an instrument in her performance.  talk about predatory, yeesh

gaga plays several instruments live.  looks like you don't know what the hell you're talking about yet again, "sugar dick"

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 05:33:49 PM »
Offer has expired.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:59:23 PM by Jeffy »

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 05:36:04 PM »
Offer has expired.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:59:40 PM by Jeffy »

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 05:39:21 PM »
Offer has expired.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:59:52 PM by Jeffy »

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2011, 05:41:10 PM »
The real Sugar Dick would've been financially savvy, I just know it.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011, 06:01:16 PM »
Can you really use a debit card to book a room? I always thought that was a no-no. What a crazy world we live in.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2011, 06:05:08 PM »

gaga plays several instruments live.  looks like you don't know what the hell you're talking about yet again, "sugar dick"

I guess we'll have to take your word for it, OK_Cat
 :lol:

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 06:15:59 PM »
Can you really use a debit card to book a room? I always thought that was a no-no. What a crazy world we live in.

Yes, you can. It's incredibly stupid to do so though.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2011, 07:27:57 PM »
Its amazing that the people that are so mocking and so pro-credit card are also the most hateful toward the big banks.

I bank at a big bank.  I have two credit cards.  My wife has two credit cards.  We have two car payments and a mortgage.

People should have credit.  They should use credit.  It's useful.

Dave Ramsey is nothing more than a self-help guy that finds a way to pry money from stupid people.

And don't expect the government to bail you out when the job goes away and you can't pay for them.  I mean, you can probably expect it, since it's happened thousands of times already.  Empowering bad decisions is one of the worst things the government will do.

If people would understand the basic concept of having a high balance credit card and only using 10% of it, pay it off monthly, and understand the concept of what an interest rate can do to the overall balance of the account, then having a credit card is not an issue.

Having a credit card isn't a problem.  Not knowing how it works is a problem.

Again, if you're stupid, and you don't know how a credit card works and how it effects your credit score, then as I said, feel free to follow Dave Ramsey's model and not have/use a credit card.  If you feel that it's a good idea to carry a high balance on a card with an 18% interest rate, then, yes, you should pay the money to go see Dave Ramsey.

However, if you're not Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), feel free to use a credit card, build your credit score, and get great rates on mortgages, car loans, etc.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2011, 08:03:06 PM »
Its amazing that the people that are so mocking and so pro-credit card are also the most hateful toward the big banks.

I bank at a big bank.  I have two credit cards.  My wife has two credit cards.  We have two car payments and a mortgage.

People should have credit.  They should use credit.  It's useful.

Dave Ramsey is nothing more than a self-help guy that finds a way to pry money from stupid people.

And don't expect the government to bail you out when the job goes away and you can't pay for them.  I mean, you can probably expect it, since it's happened thousands of times already.  Empowering bad decisions is one of the worst things the government will do.

If people would understand the basic concept of having a high balance credit card and only using 10% of it, pay it off monthly, and understand the concept of what an interest rate can do to the overall balance of the account, then having a credit card is not an issue.

Having a credit card isn't a problem.  Not knowing how it works is a problem.

Again, if you're stupid, and you don't know how a credit card works and how it effects your credit score, then as I said, feel free to follow Dave Ramsey's model and not have/use a credit card.  If you feel that it's a good idea to carry a high balance on a card with an 18% interest rate, then, yes, you should pay the money to go see Dave Ramsey.

However, if you're not Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!), feel free to use a credit card, build your credit score, and get great rates on mortgages, car loans, etc.

apply this logic to gun regs and suddenly you're a "redneck"

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2011, 08:17:34 PM »
Jeffy,

i'm teetering on the edge of bankrupcy and the $10 for a ticket might put me over the edge.  I can't absorb the information Dave Ramsey gives unless I see him live.  Hearing the information second hand, or reading it, or listening to an audio tape will not work.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2011, 08:31:16 PM »
apply this logic to gun regs and suddenly you're a "redneck"

The simplest answer to both questions is to prevent stupid people from getting them and limiting their ability to do damage when they do.

People try to over-complicate really simple problems.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2011, 08:33:09 PM »
Offer has expired.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 04:00:12 PM by Jeffy »

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2011, 08:35:50 PM »
Offer has expired.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 04:00:27 PM by Jeffy »

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2011, 08:38:51 PM »

Debit cards work just like a credit card.  You can also reserve a rental car with one!  *gasp*

And when the pump at the gas station screws up and you have extra charges on your debit card, your actual balance available to pay bills is impacted, whereas you have time to work with your credit card company to resolve the mix up.

When you purchase items on the Internet with a debit card, if something goes wrong, someone is taking money out of your accounts, and you have no money until it gets resolved, whereas you work with your credit card company to resolve the fraudulent charges.

Anyone who tells anyone to not get a credit card is a rough ridin' idiot.  Therefore, Dave Ramsey is a rough ridin' idiot.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »
Offer has expired.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 04:00:41 PM by Jeffy »

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2011, 08:43:06 PM »

Debit cards work just like a credit card.  You can also reserve a rental car with one!  *gasp*

And when the pump at the gas station screws up and you have extra charges on your debit card, your actual balance available to pay bills is impacted, whereas you have time to work with your credit card company to resolve the mix up.

When you purchase items on the Internet with a debit card, if something goes wrong, someone is taking money out of your accounts, and you have no money until it gets resolved, whereas you work with your credit card company to resolve the fraudulent charges.

Anyone who tells anyone to not get a credit card is a rough ridin' idiot.  Therefore, Dave Ramsey is a rough ridin' idiot.

If you keep money in your account, then this isn't a big deal.
Not sure that would help if some latvian hackers compromised a system that had your debit card information in it.
Where did you get that overnight bag?