Author Topic: crushing  (Read 23131 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: crushing
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2011, 10:41:11 PM »
"The Big 12 is our's to lose."  - Jacob Pullen

:lol:

"That's it... I'm done with this place." - Ben Wiseman

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2011, 10:41:59 PM »
I'm sick of almost having an aneurysm every game. KSU hoops is not good for your health

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2011, 10:42:41 PM »
If I'd have just tuned out when the refs said the shot was good, I at least sleep well

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2011, 10:43:47 PM »
If I'd have just tuned out when the refs said the shot was good, I at least sleep well

You are a genius.  Should have done same.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »
I love when people act like "just missing shots" is somehow independent of basketball skill. Like "we played pretty good, just missed a bunch of shots."

Guess what? Making rough ridin' shots is a big rough ridin' part of playing rough ridin' basketball.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2011, 10:47:59 PM »

You might be the biggest hypocrite on the internet. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2011, 10:48:28 PM »
I love when people act like "just missing shots" is somehow independent of basketball skill. Like "we played pretty good, just missed a bunch of shots."

Guess what? Making effing shots is a big effing part of playing effing basketball.

Don't tell me you are missing the point of that.

If we forced shots or didn't generate bad shots that would be one thing. But this team has been about making 3s when we play well. Tonight we had a lot of really good looks from 3. I'm not saying I expect us to hit 40% or something, but heck, just hit 35% (about our average) and we win.

Throw in the number of 2PT shots we missed (which was even worse, a terrible 10-32) and its even worse.

Again, the defense was solid, rebounding, drawing fouls, protecting the ball.  All good enough to win, all better than what CU did.

But at the end of the day we just missed shots, and missed many more open looks/good shots than CU.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2011, 10:49:16 PM »
yeah, i don't know when the hbbiq "had an off game, just missed shots" crowd will start to notice a trend.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2011, 10:49:53 PM »

Guess what? Making effing shots is a big effing part of playing effing basketball.

If we forced shots or didn't generate bad shots that would be one thing. But this team has been about making 3s when we play well. Tonight we had a lot of really good looks from 3. I'm not saying I expect us to hit 40% or something, but heck, just hit 35% (about our average) and we win.

Throw in the number of 2PT shots we missed (which was even worse, a terrible 10-32) and its even worse.

Again, the defense was solid, rebounding, drawing fouls, protecting the ball.  All good enough to win, all better than what CU did.

But at the end of the day we just missed shots, and missed many more open looks/good shots than CU.

what % did cu shoot?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2011, 10:50:11 PM »

and God hates us.  there's that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2011, 10:51:19 PM »

Yeah, they lost it, what's your point?

"I don't want to spend my time going to see a dead crack whore.  Oh there will be cameras there, cool."   - Bill Self

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2011, 10:52:32 PM »
yeah, i don't know when the hbbiq "had an off game, just missed shots" crowd will start to notice a trend.

kstate doesn't have many guys that can score.  i think that was known a long time ago.  not sure what your point is.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2011, 10:52:42 PM »

Again, the defense was solid, rebounding, drawing fouls, protecting the ball.  All good enough to win, all better than what CU did.

This wasn't exactly an isolated incident in terms of horrible offense. I didn't miss your point. I'm saying your point is...well...pointless.

Like chum said, when do you start to acknowledge that missing open shots is part of who this team is?

At the end of the day, we did a lot of things better than Colorado...

And lost. Again.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2011, 10:52:57 PM »
8 times out of 10 we beat that team.

Colorado truly is a trash team...this game proves it.

Unfortunately, we are pretty trash too.

It was like watching a high school team steal the ball repeatedly from a team of tards and then feel bad for them midway to the basket and then just give up the easy points.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2011, 10:53:30 PM »

what % did cu shoot?

CU shot 2-10 from 3, 17-33 from 2. 46.5% eFG%.
KSU shot 6-20 from 3, 10-32 from 2. 36.5% eFG%.

While CU did shoot really well from the FT line, we offset that by getting to the line more. Both teams scored 18 from the FT line, though its fair to point out that we left some points there.

Every other category (RBing, ORBing TOs, Assists) we were better than CU.

So yeah, in this game "we just missed shots" is a very legitimate argument. Very.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2011, 10:55:25 PM »

Again, the defense was solid, rebounding, drawing fouls, protecting the ball.  All good enough to win, all better than what CU did.

what % did cu shoot?

While CU did shoot really well from the FT line, we offset that by getting to the line more. Both teams scored 18 from the FT line, though its fair to point out that we left some points there.

So yeah, in this game "we just missed shots" is a very legitimate argument. Very.

Except when that argument is used numerous times in a season, it becomes a shortcoming of the team itself, not just "a bad night." We've seen this movie before, we know how it ends.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2011, 10:57:22 PM »

Beams, that was just rough ridin' mean.  rough ridin' mean.   :cry:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2011, 10:57:49 PM »
I just can't handle this team anymore.  I am Wally and this team is that ugly girl that got me pussy whipped.

So how many puppies does the team get?  Do they all have to share one?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2011, 10:59:39 PM »
Except when that argument is used numerous times in a season, it becomes a shortcoming of the team itself, not just "a bad night." We've seen this movie before, we know how it ends.

No, the argument was different. We've had games this year where bad offense eventually led to bad defense, and that wasn't terrible tonight. Even in CU's 18-3 run, we didn't play terrible defense.

And of all the game's this argument has been made, this is by far the best case to say it. Now, sys is right when he says we don't have great scores, so its not a great surprise. But we outplayed CU in nearly every phase tonight, the only one where we were far worse was making shots, especially open shots. Heck, a lot of the shots CU did make were really hard shots, but Higgins/Burks can do that. We really don't have that.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2011, 11:00:40 PM »

ah, good.  :fistpump:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »

what % did cu shoot?

Has anyone argued otherwise?  When someone says "they didn't make shots" hasn't that always been an acknowledgment that the team could use another scorer and/or playmaker?

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2011, 11:03:09 PM »
And of all the game's this argument has been made, this is by far the best case to say it.

Well, what are we waiting for? Let's hang that banner!

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2011, 11:03:46 PM »
miss 13 ft's
shoot 30% from the field
have a coach that spends an entire timeout without "coaching"

should have lost by 25

Yeah I can't figure out how we were still in to the end. Doesn't mean it wasn't still a huge KITN

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2011, 11:04:24 PM »
I may be way off base here but to me it seems like everything just comes too hard for us offensively.  Maybe I'm not paying attention, but a lot of the time it doesn't seem that we are just missing shots, it is that rarely do we really get a great look.

One other thing I noticed is that Southwell really needs to develop an outside shot.  
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2011, 11:06:47 PM »
One other thing I noticed is that Southwell really needs to develop an outside shot. 

But I'm already making Southwell t-shirts with a picture of a laser beam on them...