Author Topic: crushing  (Read 23134 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: crushing
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2011, 01:36:40 AM »
there were a ton of good looks.  it was definitely a missed shot night, not a offensive clustereff night.

don't you think cu could say the same though comparo to what they usually do? how was burks tonight? am i wrong here?

i wouldn't think so.  i'd guess that a cu fan (if they had lost) would complain about his team not oboarding and committing unforced turnovers.  and either blaming the refs or blaming his team for not driving/posting up more.

but i dunno.  it's hard trying to see things from someone else's viewpoint.  maybe they'd just bitch about the four missed fts.

i dunno. it's just frustrating. i'm usually on board w/ the "shots just didn't fall" stuff, but tonight i'm just not. whatever. i'm sure you guys are prob right.

I'm still waiting for the alternative argument for tonight's loss other than "the shots didn't fall."  "We are a bad offensive basketball team," is for all intents and purposes the same thing.  The end result of good offense are shots going into the basket.

i mean, maybe we should've been swept by cu. maybe they are just better than us.

We have to believe this to be true.  It seems we have a pretty small margin for error.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2011, 01:41:46 AM »
there were a ton of good looks.  it was definitely a missed shot night, not a offensive clustereff night.

don't you think cu could say the same though comparo to what they usually do? how was burks tonight? am i wrong here?

i wouldn't think so.  i'd guess that a cu fan (if they had lost) would complain about his team not oboarding and committing unforced turnovers.  and either blaming the refs or blaming his team for not driving/posting up more.

but i dunno.  it's hard trying to see things from someone else's viewpoint.  maybe they'd just bitch about the four missed fts.

i dunno. it's just frustrating. i'm usually on board w/ the "shots just didn't fall" stuff, but tonight i'm just not. whatever. i'm sure you guys are prob right.

I'm still waiting for the alternative argument for tonight's loss other than "the shots didn't fall."  "We are a bad offensive basketball team," is for all intents and purposes the same thing.  The end result of good offense are shots going into the basket.

i mean, maybe we should've been swept by cu. maybe they are just better than us.

We have to believe this to be true.  It seems we have a pretty small margin for error.

Then that's still plenty cause for a full-on meltdown. I mean, for eff's sake. Tell your October 2010 self that we were going to get swept by CU.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2011, 01:44:32 AM »

Then that's still plenty cause for a full-on meltdown. I mean, for eff's sake. Tell your October 2010 self that we were going to get swept by CU.

I had one meltdown and it was ugly, I'm good now.  I've been in "it is what it is" mode for a while.  I still get my hopes up but the comedown is easy.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2011, 02:47:35 AM »

that made me laugh

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2011, 08:26:27 AM »
Jesus Christ, it was the worst conference game shooting by far. Only UF was worse on the season. It isn't that rough ridin' hard to see that, even for KSU's poor offense, last night's shooting was a lot worse than normal.

catzacker

« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2011, 08:59:48 AM »
re: offense and "making shots"

it's tough to know what is the anamoly.  is it making shots or missing them.  We have such wild swings between games that it's difficult to tell.  

I looked at our deviation from our mean for both seasons through 24 games.  Last year our Off eff was 111.19 (through 24 games) this year it is 104.7 (this excludes the CU game).   I subjectively determined that deviations of >+/-10 constituted a "swing".  

Last year:  we had >10 diff 7 times and 4 of those were negative diff's.  
This year:  we had a >10 diff 14 times, 8 of which have been negative diff's.  

We're night and day so often that it's difficult to determine what team we actually are.  but in the end, if you aren't consistent, you aren't a good team because that's what good teams are - consisent.  
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:08:28 AM by catzacker »

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2011, 09:11:14 AM »
It hurts even worse today :(
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2011, 09:12:52 AM »
i wouldn't say anything if this meh attitude rationale had been used only for uf and @cu, but the "if we'd shot our season average..." line has been used so much that it makes the hbbiqers seem more apologists than analysts.  it doesn't matter that we're better now than we were with wools.  an apologist is still an apologist.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2011, 09:14:24 AM »
i wouldn't say anything if this meh attitude rationale had been used only for uf and @cu, but the "if we'd shot our season average..." line has been used so much that it makes the hbbiqers seem more apologists than analysts.  it doesn't matter that we're better now than we were with wools.  an apologist is still an apologist.

when else has the "If we'd shot our season average..." line been used?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2011, 09:15:31 AM »
i wouldn't say anything if this meh attitude rationale had been used only for uf and @cu, but the "if we'd shot our season average..." line has been used so much that it makes the hbbiqers seem more apologists than analysts.  it doesn't matter that we're better now than we were with wools.  an apologist is still an apologist.

when else has the "If we'd shot our season average..." line been used?

I would've taken within 8-10% of our season average.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2011, 09:18:30 AM »

it's tough to know what is the anamoly.  is it making shots or missing them.  We have such wild swings between games that it's difficult to tell.  

I looked at our deviation from our mean for both seasons through 24 games.  Last year our Off eff was 111.19 (through 24 games) this year it is 104.7 (this excludes the CU game).   I subjectively determined that deviations of >+/-10 constituted a "swing".  

We're night and day so often that it's difficult to determine what team we actually are.  but in the end, if you aren't consistent, you aren't a good team because that's what good teams are - consisent.  

What do those deviations looke like in conference play?

catzacker

« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2011, 10:41:07 AM »

What do those deviations looke like in conference play?

6 of the 9 games have had > +/- 10 differential this year
Last year, 3 of 9 conf games with a diff of > +/-10

that being said, last year 4 of the last 7 conf games had > +/- 10 diff

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2011, 11:36:27 AM »
To put it in Martin/Huggs perspective, Huggs had 3 games with eFG% worse than last night. Martin's teams have only had 4 worse eFG% than last night. Heck, the last 4 years of Wooly only had 3 games worse than last night's eFG%.  So no, it wasn't just a bad shooting night, it was one of the 10 worst of the last 9 seasons.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2011, 11:40:35 AM »
To put it in Martin/Huggs perspective, Huggs had 3 games with eFG% worse than last night. Martin's teams have only had 4 worse eFG% than last night. Heck, the last 4 years of Wooly only had 3 games worse than last night's eFG%.  So no, it wasn't just a bad shooting night, it was one of the 10 worst of the last 9 seasons.

Florida game also on that list?

PS.  Any video of the McGrudz shot yet?  I'd like to torture myself.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2011, 11:42:27 AM »

Florida game also on that list?

It was the 2nd worst shooting night in the last 9 seasons. Only "turn out the lights" Nebraska was worse than that one.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2011, 11:50:06 AM »

It's on espn3.  Would be shitty quality if I put it on youtube.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2011, 11:53:18 AM »

It's on espn3.  Would be cacty quality if I put it on youtube.

crap, looks pretty convincing to me.   :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2011, 12:24:19 PM »
That picture makes me sick to my stomach.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2011, 12:41:58 PM »

It's on espn3.  Would be cacty quality if I put it on youtube.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang::  Unreal.