Author Topic: Official NASCAR 2018 thread(WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE)  (Read 54258 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r √Člitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official NASCAR 2018 thread(WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE)
« Reply #525 on: September 15, 2018, 12:04:23 AM »
The Car of Tomorrow sucks, the race stages suck, the season is too long (sucks), frequent changes to the points and Chase format suck, awesome drivers retiring and getting replaced with Kroger brand drivers sucks.  Other than that NASCAR is fine.

Man, dead on.

Offline Big Sam

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Official NASCAR 2018 thread(WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE)
« Reply #526 on: September 16, 2018, 03:53:14 PM »
The Car of Tomorrow sucks, the race stages suck, the season is too long (sucks), frequent changes to the points and Chase format suck, awesome drivers retiring and getting replaced with Kroger brand drivers sucks.  Other than that NASCAR is fine.

Man, dead on.

I must add one other issue: Races on NBCSN.  How many people even have access to this channel.  It has to murder efforts to maintain, let alone expand, the fan base.

That said, I have to be honest.  I could get used to the new, young drivers.  I can even put up with some of the car changes as they try and reset things to keep it competitive (but it gets really old every 3 years).  However, I have absolutely no idea how the F the points system truly works, how this year's playoff format works as it is carried out, and I actually follow NASCAR.  If you are disengaging your engaged fan, I can't imagine the impact upon the casual fan.