Author Topic: Bathroom remodel  (Read 4757 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Bathroom remodel
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 10:38:33 PM »
Did a basic remodel on mine recently when the tile started to crumble.  It was due anyway, looked very 1983.  Became a nightmare.  Tore out the tile and wall, then found out stores only carry surrounds in white and you have to special order ones in almond (wasn't replacing tub and toilet so had to match).  So we ordered one, had to wait a week to get it.  UPS delivered it, but didn't drop it off because it was supposedly damaged (we never saw it).  Someone along the way decided to mark it "damaged--return for refund" and didn't reship.  So we had to order again, this time in store instead of online.  Waited another 2 weeks for this one to come in and then another week before I had time to work on it.  I painted in the meantime. Then I put the surround up finally.  Started showering at last.  Then we noticed that when the paint got wet, it started to run off the walls.  Turns out the guy at the store gave my wife regular wall paint instead of kitchen & bath.  So had to paint again.  Then, finally after 2+ months, we got it done.

Stuff like this seems to happen to you a lot.  Or at least you and Jeffy.  Sometimes forget which one's which.  Morris twins?  Maybe don't pay with cash.  :dunno:

Pay with cash?  I've been looking for that little slot on my computer that will take it when I order ONLINE.

I DNR your actual stories.  Just saw you were aggrieved again.

I think Dirty Sanchez was the one that got outwitted by a used car salesman.

:lol:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2011, 12:38:15 AM »
Finished tiling around the tub. Floor tile and electrical tomorrow. Should be easy. Monday is paint, baseboards, grout. Tuesday, put in vanity and toilet.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 07:21:46 AM »
Why would you keep an almond colored toilet and tub if you are remodeling? That's awful.

Like I said, partial remodel.  No need to do a full remodel when we're just planning one tearing it up and expanding the house in a few years. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 07:52:57 AM »
Why would you keep an almond colored toilet and tub if you are remodeling? That's awful.

Like I said, partial remodel.  No need to do a full remodel when we're just planning one tearing it up and expanding the house in a few years. 

You should do an outdoor room

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 11:16:50 AM »

You should do an outdoor room

:lol:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 02:44:39 PM »
You should build your house entirely of concrete.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2011, 02:55:47 PM »
You should build your house entirely of concrete.

3 of the 4 walls already are.