Author Topic: Bathroom remodel  (Read 4712 times)

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bathroom remodel
« on: February 04, 2011, 11:34:43 PM »
Gonna start tiling tomorrow. Going to look pretty nice. A huge improvement over what it was. Had it down to studs and joists this morning. Anyone else buy a fixer upper? We bought one a year ago for a ridiculously low price +$8K tax credit. If we can sell it at prices similar to comparable houses during a market low, we'll make about 50-60K. Depends on how much we put into the kitchen, though.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Bathroom remodel
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 11:38:19 PM »
Have had in the past, wifey punched me in the mouth when I suggested it upon arrival in TX. I might do a little remodel here in the future, who knows. But this time we got a turn key.  :curse:
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 11:56:53 PM »
Tore up two bathrooms last weekend. Tomorrow were gonna cut and lay the floor board and maybe get to measuring and cutting the tile. Woot.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 12:10:19 AM »
Tore up two bathrooms last weekend. Tomorrow were gonna cut and lay the floor board and maybe get to measuring and cutting the tile. Woot.

Just finished the subfloor in this one. It was all original to the house. Disgusting stuff. Put in the new tub and backerboard. Have to finish the hardibacker for the floor, then we're off to the races with the tile.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 01:11:50 AM »
Bought the current house from a flipper  :curse: I've had fun redoing all the crap they messed up. Apparently red was cold and blue hot to them when they installed the hot water heater. Also, the geniuses though adding a bathroom by running a water line on an exterior north wall was a good idea (slab on grade house). Still working out a fix for that one.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 02:44:14 AM »
My dad was working on a remodel one time and asked me to help. He told me to go into his tool box and get him a wrench and I returned with a pair of pliers.

That was 15 years ago. He hasn't asked me to help him with anything since.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 05:30:41 AM »
Did a basic remodel on mine recently when the tile started to crumble.  It was due anyway, looked very 1983.  Became a nightmare.  Tore out the tile and wall, then found out stores only carry surrounds in white and you have to special order ones in almond (wasn't replacing tub and toilet so had to match).  So we ordered one, had to wait a week to get it.  UPS delivered it, but didn't drop it off because it was supposedly damaged (we never saw it).  Someone along the way decided to mark it "damaged--return for refund" and didn't reship.  So we had to order again, this time in store instead of online.  Waited another 2 weeks for this one to come in and then another week before I had time to work on it.  I painted in the meantime. Then I put the surround up finally.  Started showering at last.  Then we noticed that when the paint got wet, it started to run off the walls.  Turns out the guy at the store gave my wife regular wall paint instead of kitchen & bath.  So had to paint again.  Then, finally after 2+ months, we got it done.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 07:01:34 AM »
Every time a room needs re-painting I plan on just buying a new house

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 07:55:55 AM »
Yes and it turns I hate every bit of it turns out that I hate doing that kind of stuff.will never do it again.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 08:36:05 AM »
Did a basic remodel on mine recently when the tile started to crumble.  It was due anyway, looked very 1983.  Became a nightmare.  Tore out the tile and wall, then found out stores only carry surrounds in white and you have to special order ones in almond (wasn't replacing tub and toilet so had to match).  So we ordered one, had to wait a week to get it.  UPS delivered it, but didn't drop it off because it was supposedly damaged (we never saw it).  Someone along the way decided to mark it "damaged--return for refund" and didn't reship.  So we had to order again, this time in store instead of online.  Waited another 2 weeks for this one to come in and then another week before I had time to work on it.  I painted in the meantime. Then I put the surround up finally.  Started showering at last.  Then we noticed that when the paint got wet, it started to run off the walls.  Turns out the guy at the store gave my wife regular wall paint instead of kitchen & bath.  So had to paint again.  Then, finally after 2+ months, we got it done.

MOTHERFUCK, that crap sucks bro!
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 09:08:49 AM »

Here's a tip if you ever need stuff like the shower again- go to a local vendor for stuff like kohler. Any bath show room will probably be one. Order from them. They won't charge you until it gets in and you can go pick it up. Much better and usually cheaper than anywhere online.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 09:20:14 AM »
Did a basic remodel on mine recently when the tile started to crumble.  It was due anyway, looked very 1983.  Became a nightmare.  Tore out the tile and wall, then found out stores only carry surrounds in white and you have to special order ones in almond (wasn't replacing tub and toilet so had to match).  So we ordered one, had to wait a week to get it.  UPS delivered it, but didn't drop it off because it was supposedly damaged (we never saw it).  Someone along the way decided to mark it "damaged--return for refund" and didn't reship.  So we had to order again, this time in store instead of online.  Waited another 2 weeks for this one to come in and then another week before I had time to work on it.  I painted in the meantime. Then I put the surround up finally.  Started showering at last.  Then we noticed that when the paint got wet, it started to run off the walls.  Turns out the guy at the store gave my wife regular wall paint instead of kitchen & bath.  So had to paint again.  Then, finally after 2+ months, we got it done.

Stuff like this seems to happen to you a lot.  Or at least you and Jeffy.  Sometimes forget which one's which.  Morris twins?  Maybe don't pay with cash.  :dunno:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 10:09:53 AM »
Every time a room needs re-painting I plan on just buying a new house

I just paid someone to paint the finished portion of my basement. It took him like an hour and a half. I would have hurt myself or broke something if I did it.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 10:44:35 AM »
Did a basic remodel on mine recently when the tile started to crumble.  It was due anyway, looked very 1983.  Became a nightmare.  Tore out the tile and wall, then found out stores only carry surrounds in white and you have to special order ones in almond (wasn't replacing tub and toilet so had to match).  So we ordered one, had to wait a week to get it.  UPS delivered it, but didn't drop it off because it was supposedly damaged (we never saw it).  Someone along the way decided to mark it "damaged--return for refund" and didn't reship.  So we had to order again, this time in store instead of online.  Waited another 2 weeks for this one to come in and then another week before I had time to work on it.  I painted in the meantime. Then I put the surround up finally.  Started showering at last.  Then we noticed that when the paint got wet, it started to run off the walls.  Turns out the guy at the store gave my wife regular wall paint instead of kitchen & bath.  So had to paint again.  Then, finally after 2+ months, we got it done.

Stuff like this seems to happen to you a lot.  Or at least you and Jeffy.  Sometimes forget which one's which.  Morris twins?  Maybe don't pay with cash.  :dunno:

Pay with cash?  I've been looking for that little slot on my computer that will take it when I order ONLINE.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 11:20:59 AM »

Stuff like this seems to happen to you a lot.  Or at least you and Jeffy.  Sometimes forget which one's which.  Morris twins?  Maybe don't pay with cash.  :dunno:

Pay with cash?  I've been looking for that little slot on my computer that will take it when I order ONLINE.

I DNR your actual stories.  Just saw you were aggrieved again.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 11:29:37 AM »
Lotta Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) in this thread.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 12:23:47 PM »

Stuff like this seems to happen to you a lot.  Or at least you and Jeffy.  Sometimes forget which one's which.  Morris twins?  Maybe don't pay with cash.  :dunno:

I see that you are a member of the illiterati

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 12:34:15 PM »
:DNR:

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 02:54:22 PM »
Having my basement refinished. Too Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to do any of it.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 02:58:07 PM »

Shouldn't it say "CAN NOT READ"

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 03:07:08 PM »

Shouldn't it say "CAN NOT READ"

Should say "DO NOT SEEMINGLY GET SCREWED OVER BY EVERY PERSON OR COMPANY I DEAL WITH IN LIFE, MOST LIKELY BECAUSE I'M NOT A SOCIAL Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)"

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 03:51:36 PM »
Gonna start tiling tomorrow. Going to look pretty nice. A huge improvement over what it was. Had it down to studs and joists this morning. Anyone else buy a fixer upper? We bought one a year ago for a ridiculously low price +$8K tax credit. If we can sell it at prices similar to comparable houses during a market low, we'll make about 50-60K. Depends on how much we put into the kitchen, though.

gee, that sounds too good to be true!

Let me tell you my story...

I had to start looking for a new house- but there's not much I could afford! That soon changed when I met a lonely old con-artist who sold me a beautiful mansion at a ridiculously low price. Only there was a catch. The second I moved in to the house it falls apart, starting from the stairway, to the bath falling through the roof to eventually the chimney falling into the house! Finally, I had to renovate the house before the frame collapses but the renovations also proved to be a disaster!

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 08:14:40 PM »
You think that's bad?  I think my wife may be having an affair with her ex-husband!  Damn orchestra conductors!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 08:22:05 PM »

I think Dirty Sanchez was the one that got outwitted by a used car salesman.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 08:52:34 PM »
Why would you keep an almond colored toilet and tub if you are remodeling? That's awful.
Where did you get that overnight bag?