Author Topic: doc sadler  (Read 21653 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: doc sadler
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 10:23:06 AM »
How many backdoor cuts will Doc execute on Wed?

Frank had a call and gave a good explanation of backdoor cuts last night on his radio show.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 10:28:40 AM »

Frank had a call and gave a good explanation of backdoor cuts last night on his radio show.
*guytappingfootlookingatwatch*  Well what did he say?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 10:40:02 AM »

*guytappingfootlookingatwatch*  Well what did he say?

He said that our main issue in allowing backdoors is when we allow opponents to get the ball at the high post area of the floor, giving opponents angles for back door looks. He said its a product of how we play deny defense and that isn't going to change, the problem is when we allow the ball to get to certain spots on the floor. And finally he conceded that if our defense concedes a backdoor, but also causes a couple of TOs and bad shots in a string of possessions, he doesn't think its a huge deal. This is the system and its one of the things they can give up if they allow the offense to do certain things initially to set up angles, last year we had 5 guys on the floor that knew how to keep the ball from getting to those spots, this year a lot of the guys are struggling to figure it out and we are giving up a few more. Overall, it was pretty clear he saw the issue, but thought it was far from the biggest issue with this team which is pretty much what I expected him to say.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 10:46:40 AM »
Back to Doc, Jeter has really developed into a solid PG for them and Diaz can score in the post, a couple areas where we've been lacking this year.

It's been said before but more than any other game this season IMO, Wed is a must win. Don't care how, just get it done.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 11:45:15 AM »
there is no possible way that we lose tomorrow night. Almeida is 50-50 @ best with an ankle injury and Diaz is in Puerto Rico at the moment trying to get a flight to Omaha tonight. if we lose then mark me as :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 01:16:36 PM »
there is no possible way that we lose tomorrow night. Almeida is 50-50 @ best with an ankle injury and Diaz is in Puerto Rico at the moment trying to get a flight to Omaha tonight. if we lose then mark me as :goodbyecruelworld:

HOW'S THE WEATHER LOOKING ON THAT FLIGHT BACK FROM MEXICO FOR YOUR MEXICAN DOC!?   :emawkid:

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 01:21:12 PM »
Fate might be smiling on us for once this year  :horrorsurprise:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 01:23:53 PM »

It's just setting us up for a feel good home win to make our ball crushing in Lincoln even more painful  :frown:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 01:24:34 PM »
There may be an Egyptian style riot in the OOD if we lose tomorrow....would be very bad

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 01:34:19 PM »

It's just setting us up for a feel good home win to make our ball crushing in Lincoln even more painful  :frown:

Those Lincoln ball crushings are all particularly excruciating, this year may be the worst yet :embarrassed:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2011, 01:37:46 PM »

Those Lincoln ball crushings are all particularly excruciating, this year may be the worst yet :embarrassed:

At least this year's will be the last  :frown:

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2011, 01:40:58 PM »

At least this year's will be the last  :frown:

Now THAT'S what i call looking on the bright side.  :thumbsup:

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2011, 02:57:23 PM »

*guytappingfootlookingatwatch*  Well what did he say?

He said that our main issue in allowing backdoors is when we allow opponents to get the ball at the high post area of the floor, giving opponents angles for back door looks. He said its a product of how we play deny defense and that isn't going to change, the problem is when we allow the ball to get to certain spots on the floor. And finally he conceded that if our defense concedes a backdoor, but also causes a couple of TOs and bad shots in a string of possessions, he doesn't think its a huge deal. This is the system and its one of the things they can give up if they allow the offense to do certain things initially to set up angles, last year we had 5 guys on the floor that knew how to keep the ball from getting to those spots, this year a lot of the guys are struggling to figure it out and we are giving up a few more. Overall, it was pretty clear he saw the issue, but thought it was far from the biggest issue with this team which is pretty much what I expected him to say.
I think this is were FRANK fails as a coach.  This is what he is suposed to teach them.  He seems to think they should figure it out on their own.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2011, 03:30:41 PM »

*guytappingfootlookingatwatch*  Well what did he say?

I think this is were FRANK fails as a coach.  This is what he is suposed to teach them.  He seems to think they should figure it out on their own.

I don't think so, at least that's not what he meant. He means you have to trust ball defenders to pressure the ball so that it can't get to certain spots on the floor while help guys need to be in the right spots and denying certain passes. Good team man to man concepts take a lot of practice and guys working together to be run well. He's showing what to do I'm sure, but what he asks players to do, especially guards, is really hard.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2011, 04:40:31 PM »

I don't think so, at least that's not what he meant. He means you have to trust ball defenders to pressure the ball so that it can't get to certain spots on the floor while help guys need to be in the right spots and denying certain passes. Good team man to man concepts take a lot of practice and guys working together to be run well. He's showing what to do I'm sure, but what he asks players to do, especially guards, is really hard.
[/quote]
He needs to learn to coach to his players abilities if it is too hard for them then he needs to adjust something to help them out.  I don't really think the defense in any way, shape, or form is this teams problem but it's just an example of Frank being too stubbern to change. 
I do think it is a good sign that he has tried to insert a new offense and I hope the guys can get it down and find a groove/comfort zone with it.  I'm just frustrated at Frank and the team, to be honest I'm really not sure what to be frustrated with right now. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2011, 04:47:31 PM »
He needs to learn to coach to his players abilities if it is too hard for them then he needs to adjust something to help them out.  I don't really think the defense in any way, shape, or form is this teams problem but it's just an example of Frank being too stubbern to change. 
I do think it is a good sign that he has tried to insert a new offense and I hope the guys can get it down and find a groove/comfort zone with it.  I'm just frustrated at Frank and the team, to be honest I'm really not sure what to be frustrated with right now. 

That's fair.

Its easy to be frustrated right now. The last month and a half of K-State basketball has stunk.  You have to go back to Wooly to find a worse stretch than the 5-7 we're on in our last 12 games.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2011, 10:19:29 AM »
Diaz update? :pray:

Doc tweeted that he would be there. :ohno:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2011, 10:28:44 AM »

To be fair to Frank, every player he recruits has the physical ability to play his style of defense. It just takes experience to run it well. That experience cannot be gained if Frank changes his defense to make it easier on the newcomers.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2011, 11:01:08 AM »
Diaz update? :pray:

Doc tweeted that he would be there. :ohno:

Yeah, well, last I checked Doc barely had any more control over the weather than a mortal man.  BARELY ANY.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2011, 11:02:58 AM »
Quote from:  yesterday's paper, haven't seen anything more recent
Jorge Brian Diaz, 6-11 and 245 pounds, was stuck in Dallas on Tuesday by weather problems in trying to return from attending a funeral in Puerto Rico. Andre Almeida, 6-11 and 320, is doubtful with a sprained ankle. Christopher Niemann, 6-11 and 270, has played only 20 minutes in three games because of knee problems.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2011, 11:05:09 AM »
Huskers in Manhattan

Filed by Lee Barfknecht

7:45 p.m., Tuesday: Just heard from Nebraska basketball coach Doc Sadler.
The Huskers have arrived in Manhattan, Kan., ahead of Wednesday's 7 p.m. game against Kansas State. The bus ride from Lincoln was 3 hours, just 1 hour longer than if the weather were good.
Sadler said center Jorge Brian Diaz will spend the night in Dallas and try to travel to Manhattan on Wednesday, either commercially or by private plane if it can be arranged. Diaz is coming back from attending a funeral in Puerto Rico.
In the meantime, the Huskers are the only patrons in the restaurant set to serve them their team meal. Should get good service. »

rough ridin' CHEATERS!  :horrorsurprise:

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2011, 12:56:05 PM »
He's there.

:frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire