Author Topic: Bobby Knight  (Read 8939 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Knight
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 12:35:44 PM »
musberger is so so absolutely horrible that i am hardly even bothered by knight anymore. he's almost refreshing.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 12:41:37 PM »
musberger is so so absolutely horrible that i am hardly even bothered by knight anymore. he's almost refreshing.

He's slipped a gear or two in football as well, but his grandiose style still works better for the pace of that sport. For basketball, his announcing pace is absolutely horrendous.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 12:43:34 PM »

musberger reminds me of the count from sesame street

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 12:43:47 PM »
knight is exhibit a in my "coaches aren't smart people" campaign.

Most are great people managers/organizers. Met Huggins a few times when I was interning, and with some business schooling he could have just as easily been a CEO as a coach.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 02:28:07 PM »
I love Bob.

This. It's Brent I don't like.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 03:14:21 PM »
i hated Bob last year. But he's grown on me. He's an absolute treasure and he brings up some good points, sometimes.

:love:  When he brings out the clipboard and "breaks down" the game during extended breaks.

I like when he does this when the ball is still live and just stubbornly ignores all game action until he's done making his point. He's less of an announcer and more of a "Director's Commentary" bonus DVD feature.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 03:32:55 PM »
Anyone know who is doing the game Saturday?  :popcorn:

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2011, 05:00:25 PM »
Since I love LBBIQ posting and don't understand the moderate to deep dynamics developing on the court, Bob is truly illuminating.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2011, 05:51:17 PM »
Bob is ok in my book. Of course he's going to have his "old man" moments, he's old.

I still hate Musburger though, guy is brutal to listen to.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2011, 05:55:54 PM »
I enjoyed Bob's assessment of Ohio State last night. He had no idea of any of the players except Sullinger. He just named every position and said they were very good at them all.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2011, 09:23:03 PM »
Brent has always made my skin crawl, starting with the nfl today in the 70's then with his rooting against the football team in broadcasts in the late 90s and of course now.
Bob loves us and adores Frank and desperately wants to coach us up. :blush:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline YoungEMAWney1

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2011, 11:00:43 PM »
Anyone know who is doing the game Saturday?  :popcorn:

I'm pretty sure I saw a tweet that it will be Dicky V and Schulman with Erin Andrews.  Not certain though.

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 04:42:21 PM »
I do agree with him as to why do we have Kelly with the ball at 25 feet from the basket.  Is there any reason a post player needs to catch the ball out side of 15 feet?

He is our best outside shooter. 100% from beyond the arc. Duh!
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 08:51:39 PM »
I enjoyed Bob's assessment of Ohio State last night. He had no idea of any of the players except Sullinger. He just named every position and said they were very good at them all.

More evidence of my thesis....Bob Knight does not actually watch any basketball except the one's he is paid to watch. There are no film preparations for him, as any good analyst would at least spend an afternoon doing. I bet Bob has not called an tOSU game this season, which is why he doesn't have a clue.

I do tend to agree with Bob about our disgusting zone offense. I get CK is a foul line, facing the basket kind of big but to have all 5 players at or above the FT line against a zone is  :eek:  Maybe it wasn't CK's fault, but his floating around the 3 pt line from time to time tells me he is the likely culprit.

By the way, calling Jamar Samuels the "gold standard" of back to the basket play pisses off any above average back to the basket player in the conference. Because he is our best back to the basket does not make him good at it. Kelvin Howell would be the best back to the basket player on this team.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 01:53:20 AM »
Bob Knight's target audience is 60 year old tucks that have watched a total of 10 games in their lives with 9 of them being JV girls bball....not surprised so many people like him

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2023, 09:01:34 AM »
Sorry if discussed elsewhere.

RIP, Bobby Knight.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2023, 09:04:50 AM »
Hopefully they bury him upside down, so his critics can kiss his ass.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2023, 09:22:23 AM »
Anyone remember the broadcast where Bobby criticized booing?  He recommended chanting something else, but I cannot recall what that was. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2023, 09:47:43 AM »
Anyone remember the broadcast where Bobby criticized booing?  He recommended chanting something else, but I cannot recall what that was.

"Great job, good effort" or something to that effect. I think a response to us chanting "overrated"

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2023, 09:49:38 AM »
He called for a "great effort" chant in lieu of booing, iirc. Remember when he and Brent were in the OOD to call the opening game of Jake's senior season? Was looking forward to Freddy Asprilla joining the band for another deep tourney run that season...

pic i found on the socials of Bobby with Jack Hartman in Aheard:

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2023, 10:17:18 AM »
rip.

also surprised he was 83, i thought he was 83 for like a decade. anger and stress can really age people.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2023, 10:26:02 AM »
He's a piece of crap, eff him. Can you imagine how he would be talked about if he didn't win some basketball games? I truly don't care about his political endorsements, he has a long history of being a bully and a shitty human that's much more important than who he voted for.

https://twitter.com/Kanew/status/726444248900345856

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2023, 10:28:55 AM »
rip rescinded

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2023, 10:38:46 AM »
Yea I don't recall anyone thinking he was a decent human.  He always came across as a POS. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2023, 11:23:25 AM »
He's a piece of crap, eff him. Can you imagine how he would be talked about if he didn't win some basketball games? I truly don't care about his political endorsements, he has a long history of being a bully and a shitty human that's much more important than who he voted for.

https://twitter.com/Kanew/status/726444248900345856

Same.  There are players who have stated that Bob has punched a player in the back of the head in pregame, broken a clipboard over a players head, choked a player, and I would assume dozens of other violent acts that were never reported due to his god status at IU.  That guy should have been removed from coaching a long time before he removed himself. 

Bob is a sad example of what is wrong with college sports and the misplaced value on winning over almost anything.