Author Topic: Blow huge holes in movies with LSOC  (Read 50371 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Blow huge holes in movies with LSOC
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2011, 09:56:34 AM »
Back to the future:  So Marty returns to the present and his family is crazy rich and successful in the end all because of the events leading up to the enchantment under the sea dance.  That part u get, but isn't that kind of profoundly tragic?  I mean, Marty's family is so much different than what they were before Doc got them into that mess, that Marty, hardly would know them.

Also, the Libyans that crash their van in the twin pines parking lot probably would have survived that "wreck" they were in and then just shot Doc in the face.

Finally, even if those Libyans did die from the world's most tame fatal car crash, there would definitely be more.  After all, this terror group got its hands on plutonium and operated in the United States suburbia.  Certainly other cells would have gotten to them or found a way to get the plutonium for whatever doomsday device they were planing.

You know what else doesn't add up??  Both the loserish McFly family and the super successful McFly family......lived in the same house!!

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2011, 10:01:06 AM »
Okay, in Ferris Bueller's day off, it it is supposed to be the spring semester of his senior year.  And they live out side of chicago, right?  But after Cameron freaks out over the mileage on the Ferrari, and he goes catatonic, they go swiming in ferris's pool.  In March/April in Chicago?  And the pool is already open and they can run around in swimsuits?

I don't think so Mr. Hughes.  Busted!
They also go to a Cubs game.  I'm thinking it's probably early May. Still slightly cool for a pool party, but still believable. NEXT!

And at the game the Cubs are tied with the Atlanta Braves 2-2 BUT THEY DIDN'T PLAY THE BRAVES AT HOME IN APRIL OR MAY OF THAT YEAR!!

I sank your movieship!

Yeah they did.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/schedule.php?y=1986&t=CHN

That would have been at por after graduation.  Not a few weeks BEFORE graduation...as he states at some point in the movie.
Perhaps in the 80's, in Chicago, they went longer in to the Spring/Summer before school ended.  Surely there are some other hints in the movie, so we can get to the bottom of this.

Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2011, 10:10:49 AM »
Okay, in Ferris Bueller's day off, it it is supposed to be the spring semester of his senior year.  And they live out side of chicago, right?  But after Cameron freaks out over the mileage on the Ferrari, and he goes catatonic, they go swiming in ferris's pool.  In March/April in Chicago?  And the pool is already open and they can run around in swimsuits?

I don't think so Mr. Hughes.  Busted!
They also go to a Cubs game.  I'm thinking it's probably early May. Still slightly cool for a pool party, but still believable. NEXT!

And at the game the Cubs are tied with the Atlanta Braves 2-2 BUT THEY DIDN'T PLAY THE BRAVES AT HOME IN APRIL OR MAY OF THAT YEAR!!

I sank your movieship!

Yeah they did.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teamstats/schedule.php?y=1986&t=CHN

That would have been at por after graduation.  Not a few weeks BEFORE graduation...as he states at some point in the movie.

Just admit I caught you in a LIE!!!

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2011, 10:41:07 AM »
You guys ever see The Wizard?

Fred Savage's autistic brother is in the finals, when Super Mario 3 is unveiled for the first time ever.  Despite having never seen the game before, he knows where to find the warp whistle in the first fortress.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2011, 10:43:13 AM »
You guys ever see The Wizard?

Fred Savage's autistic brother is in the finals, when Super Mario 3 is unveiled for the first time ever.  Despite having never seen the game before, he knows where to find the warp whistle in the first fortress.

Yeah, that's why he was the wizard.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2011, 10:43:18 AM »
That's believable.  Retards can do some amazing stuff.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2011, 10:45:15 AM »
Back to the future:  So Marty returns to the present and his family is crazy rich and successful in the end all because of the events leading up to the enchantment under the sea dance.  That part u get, but isn't that kind of profoundly tragic?  I mean, Marty's family is so much different than what they were before Doc got them into that mess, that Marty, hardly would know them.

Also, the Libyans that crash their van in the twin pines parking lot probably would have survived that "wreck" they were in and then just shot Doc in the face.

Finally, even if those Libyans did die from the world's most tame fatal car crash, there would definitely be more.  After all, this terror group got its hands on plutonium and operated in the United States suburbia.  Certainly other cells would have gotten to them or found a way to get the plutonium for whatever doomsday device they were planing.

You know what else doesn't add up??  Both the loserish McFly family and the super successful McFly family......lived in the same house!!

On top of all that, while the movie wants us to cheer Biff becoming a menial laborer for the McFlys, isn't it kind of a bad idea to give a house key to the guy who once tried to rape your wife?

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2011, 10:49:29 AM »
Any movie that uses time travel as a premise.  Busted.

And the Transformers Movie planet dude is Unicron, not Omicron.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2011, 10:57:05 AM »
In the movie "Superman" Superman reverses time by rotating the earth backwards. I'm pretty sure that would just cause a shitload of natural disasters and not reverse time.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2011, 10:58:02 AM »
And the Transformers Movie planet dude is Unicron, not Omicron.

Omicron something or other is from Futurama

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2011, 11:00:22 AM »
In Necessary Roughness their whole explanation of football eligibility is messed up.  I mean, sure, Quantum Leap can be the QB since he didn't go to school but rough ridin' Sinbad is a professor and would NOT be allowed to join the football team.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:02:29 AM by steve dave »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2011, 11:11:20 AM »
never understood the love that a movie like back to the future gets, absolutely terrible movie.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2011, 11:16:29 AM »
In Necessary Roughness their whole explanation of football eligibility is messed up.  I mean, sure, Quantum Leap can be the QB since he didn't go to school but rough ridin' Sinbad is a professor and would NOT be allowed to join the football team.
I'm guessing they are Division 2? 

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2011, 11:17:02 AM »
never understood the love that a movie like back to the future gets, absolutely terrible movie.
Wow, name a better time travel movie.  I dare you.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2011, 11:25:57 AM »
starship troopers it wasn't until the very end that they knew more about them.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2011, 11:27:12 AM »

The Time Traveler's Wife

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2011, 11:42:12 AM »
Well duh, they started learning more about them, then they published the videos b/c of what they learned.

Honestly it's a stupid rough ridin' movie anyways not worth any further discussion.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2011, 12:03:38 PM »
Well duh, they started learning more about them, then they published the videos b/c of what they learned.

Honestly it's a stupid rough ridin' movie anyways not worth any further discussion.

We really might as well break down battlefield earth while we're at it

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2011, 12:16:09 PM »
In the movie "Superman" Superman reverses time by rotating the earth backwards. I'm pretty sure that would just cause a cacload of natural disasters and not reverse time.

well i'm pretty sure that there will never be a living organism from another planet, that just so happens to looks exactly like earth humans but also has the ability to fly and rotate the earth backwards. go ahead and let the whole natural disasters part bother you though. i mean, i swear to god. with some of you it's like i'm trying to talk blow huge holes in movies with lsoc and lsoc's kids here.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:32:54 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2011, 12:16:45 PM »

Not that I dislike Back to the Future (having seen it in the theater on opening day), but I would say that Terminator and Terminator 2 are as good if not better.  Also, I liked Time Cop as well, but it probably is not quite as good.  

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2011, 12:28:43 PM »
On the subject of Terminator 2, the semi truck chasing John Conner eventually hits an overpass, the fuel leaks, and a spark creates a massive explosion.  But the problem is that diesel fuel would not ignite that way like gasoline would due to its much higher flash point.  In fact, if you drop a match into a bucket of diesel, it will go out.  You need a hot fire to ignite it.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2011, 12:31:05 PM »

MJF in his prime. Christopher rough ridin' Lloyd.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2011, 01:34:11 PM »
Omicron Persei 8 (sp?) Is the planet where the bigass aliens live on Futurama.  Also, just watched (last week) BTTF1 again for the first in like 10 yrs.  rough ridin' classic.  GTFO with Clam's hatred of it.

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2011, 03:12:10 PM »
Marty asked for a Pepsi Free.  lol.  Pepsi Free.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2011, 03:31:00 PM »
On the subject of Terminator 2, the semi truck chasing John Conner eventually hits an overpass, the fuel leaks, and a spark creates a massive explosion.  But the problem is that diesel fuel would not ignite that way like gasoline would due to its much higher flash point.  In fact, if you drop a match into a bucket of diesel, it will go out.  You need a hot fire to ignite it.
That's not really a plot hole.  That's just semantics. In the movie "Hackers", none of the computers would do any of the things they did in the movie, in real life.

It could upload a virus to an alien mothership, though. :fatty: