Author Topic: Greatest television scenes of all time  (Read 4597 times)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest television scenes of all time
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2021, 02:13:14 PM »
mash is fantastic

IDK, to me mash is kinda meh, or at least it's not something made to be binged, had a friend binge mash and decided to hop along for the ride and it seemed like it followed a pretty predicable arc of stories every 4th or 5th episode, after doing that for like 3 seasons of that I hopped off the train, it just was so repetitive.

It's kinda the same issue (but they get you out of it quick) with Avatar: The Last Airbender (which I love and still rewatch occasionally, don't care) during the first half of the first season, where everyone is surprised to see the avatar is returned, if it's a weekly show like it was, and that's how often you saw it, it makes total sense, binge 5 episodes in one night and you're like "jesus we get it already."

It's not really those shows' fault, they were made for a time when that wasn't a thing, but like I said after 3 seasons of mash it never got out of that rut, avatar at least moved onto the next thing and kept going  :dunno:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest television scenes of all time
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2021, 02:58:21 PM »
mash is fantastic

IDK, to me mash is kinda meh, or at least it's not something made to be binged, had a friend binge mash and decided to hop along for the ride and it seemed like it followed a pretty predicable arc of stories every 4th or 5th episode, after doing that for like 3 seasons of that I hopped off the train, it just was so repetitive.

It's kinda the same issue (but they get you out of it quick) with Avatar: The Last Airbender (which I love and still rewatch occasionally, don't care) during the first half of the first season, where everyone is surprised to see the avatar is returned, if it's a weekly show like it was, and that's how often you saw it, it makes total sense, binge 5 episodes in one night and you're like "jesus we get it already."

It's not really those shows' fault, they were made for a time when that wasn't a thing, but like I said after 3 seasons of mash it never got out of that rut, avatar at least moved onto the next thing and kept going  :dunno:
character changes actually helped imo rather than hurt like they do in some shows. blake replaced by potter, burns replaced by winchester & trapper replaced hunnicutt were all great. even more klinger interactions after radar left. but for a family show in the 80s on cbs its pretty great and a lot of awesome and innovative things were said during the show.