Author Topic: Southwell/McGruder/Samuels  (Read 12567 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Southwell/McGruder/Samuels
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:32:41 PM »
3/5 of the starting line up combined for 3-12 from the field, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, 1 steal, 8 turnovers, 12 fouls, 8 points, a +/- of -8,251,926.

Would have won despite that, but the head coach decided that Will Spradling, Juevol Myles, and Devon Peterson could play extended minutes.  Idiot.  Nick and 'Tay don't deserve this crap, I hope they quit today.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Southwell/McGruder/Samuels
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:33:22 PM »
let the first half go.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 03:34:22 PM »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 03:35:31 PM »
The "Franking" is baffling to me as well. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 03:36:13 PM »
let the first half go.

Do points and possessions in the second half count for more?  Why ask the players for 40 minutes of effort if you refuse to coach a 40 minute basketball game?

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 03:37:50 PM »
3/5 of the starting line up combined for 3-12 from the field, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, 1 steal, 8 turnovers, 12 fouls, 8 points, a +/- of -8,251,926.

Would have won despite that, but the head coach decided that Will Spradling, Juevol Myles, and Devon Peterson could play extended minutes.  Idiot.  Nick and 'Tay don't deserve this cac, I hope they quit today.

Weak argument. All of these guys are basically on the same level, more or less. You really telling me you want to see Russell out there for extended minutes? Bah.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 03:41:55 PM »
Weak argument. All of these guys are basically on the same level, more or less. You really telling me you want to see Russell out there for extended minutes? Bah.

i agree.  southwell and spradling make a lot of errors.  i'm not convinced irving and russell offer anything better.  they've spent most of the season proving they don't.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 03:42:54 PM »

Would have won despite that, but the head coach decided that Will Spradling, Juevol Myles, and Devon Peterson could play extended minutes.  Idiot.  Nick and 'Tay don't deserve this cac, I hope they quit today.

When we get the play-by-play stats from this game, I'm going to absolutely destroy you with it.  Did you not see us make a huge run after Nick came into the game.  BTW Southwell and Spradling combined for 9 fouls and 6 turnovers

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 03:46:05 PM »

i agree.  southwell and spradling make a lot of errors.  i'm not convinced irving and russell offer anything better.  they've spent most of the season proving they don't.

Those guys alone are fine, it was the times when we had combinations of Southwell, Spradling, and Peterson on the floor, or Spradling and Myles, or Myles and Peterson.  The second Frank didn't have these combos of players he himself have never played, off of the court the offense magically improved.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 03:47:26 PM »
I saw Nick foul an 80% ft shooter away from the ball when we were down 3 with 1:30 left.

Offline Acceleration Man

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 03:47:54 PM »

Those guys alone are fine, it was the times when we had combinations of Southwell, Spradling, and Peterson on the floor, or Spradling and Myles, or Myles and Peterson.  The second Frank didn't have these combos of players he himself have never played, off of the court the offense magically improved.

Dude, are you drunk?  :flush:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 03:49:29 PM »
I saw Nick foul an 80% ft shooter away from the ball when we were down 3 with 1:30 left.

You're right and that was very dumb, doesn't change the really dumb guard combos we had on the floor the first half.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 03:49:40 PM »

the only time the offense magically improved was when kelly made a play all by himself.

a&m is good defensively, especially on the perimeter; the new offense is crap; i miss open threes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 03:50:05 PM »
let the first half go.

Do points and possessions in the second half count for more?  Why ask the players for 40 minutes of effort if you refuse to coach a 40 minute basketball game?

are these rhetorical?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

catzacker

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »

the only time the offense magically improved was when kelly made a play all by himself.

a&m is good defensively, especially on the perimeter; the new offense is cac; i miss open threes.

this.  not that we would have made them today.  but still. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 03:55:52 PM »

a&m is good defensively, especially on the perimeter; the new offense is cac; i miss open threes.

this.  not that we would have made them today.  but still. 

5-20 :flush:

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 03:57:40 PM »
Non Seniors scored 20 points today, 20 points.

FML. :goodbyecruelworld:
Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 03:59:41 PM »
Had a lot of good looks from 3 when it was tied late.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 03:59:54 PM »
im beginning to think the "bad guard combo" bit is something we say to make ourselves feel better. it does not matter who goes out on the floor. they are all going to play rough ridin' stupid.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 04:04:24 PM »
Dumb thread. Being pissed about which combo of crappy guards Frank plays is  :powerespect:  if you are going to be pissed at Frank, be pissed at him for not recruiting a decent guard. Other than that, when you get your fancy stats that are going to blow us away, take a look at Jamar and Rodney's.

catzacker

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 04:05:05 PM »

could have used a guy to hit a 3 when we needed it down the stretch in college station......

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 04:06:07 PM »
im beginning to think the "bad guard combo" bit is something we say to make ourselves feel better. it does not matter who goes out on the floor. they are all going to play rough ridin' stupid.

It's quite goddamn simple, would you rather see Peterson and Myles or Russell and Irving.  Frank obviously also thought playing those crap players was stupid too since he didn't play either of them in the second half.  He used the first 15 minutes of the half as a science experiment.  It would have been nice if he coached it like someone who didn't want to go 1-4 in conference play.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 04:08:09 PM »
if you are going to be pissed at Frank, be pissed at him for not recruiting a decent guard.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 04:08:38 PM »

could have used a guy to hit a 3 when we needed it down the stretch in college station......

goddam, it's like we share a brain.  :love:  :blank:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 04:09:43 PM »
peterson and myles played like ten minutes between them.  and anyways, of those four, i'd rather see peterson.  he's entertaining.