Author Topic: Patience?  (Read 2793 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Patience?
« on: January 20, 2011, 10:42:34 AM »
Perhaps next year the timing will be better and Snyder will step down; sort of a Wooldridge extra year situation:

Quote from: Mandel/SI
Perhaps time and the resolution of his lawsuits will enhance Leach's stock come this time next year. Other coaches (UCF's George O'Leary, UTEP's Mike Price) endured controversial firings and landed on their feet, albeit at less glamorous destinations. It took five years, but Rick Neuheisel eventually resurfaced at alma mater UCLA after settling a lawsuit with the NCAA and Washington over his termination for participating in a March Madness pool. And Leach's resume is arguably better.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/01/19/mike.leach/index.html#ixzz1BauqFSpW

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Patience?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 10:44:34 AM »
Any enhancement of Leach's stock just makes it harder for K-State to go get him.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 10:48:04 AM »
Any enhancement of Leach's stock just makes it harder for K-State to go get him.

yep. no time like the present. snyder adament refusal to try to improve the staff/team this offseason is leaving currie no choice but to replace him. even the shirtiest of shirt tucks has to see that. go hire leach now john.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 10:56:07 AM »
In a angry drunken stupor I did fire off an email to JC to go get Leach, and he he replied with some sort of neutral 'thanks for the email..'

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 10:57:20 AM »
Yeah, while a lot of you may have fun imagining Snyder being fired, its not going to happen. If we hire Leach, it will be next year. I'm good with people being ticked at the situation, but its not going to change anything.  

I'm hoping that Snyder sees the challenge of trying to do this again, probably has a similar year to last year, then announces he's bowing out sometime next season allowing Currie to do a proper search.  At least that seems like the most realistic scenario to me.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 11:45:17 AM »
Snyder will not step down voluntarily.  He's going to have to be forced out at some point.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 11:53:53 AM »
I'm hoping that Snyder sees the challenge of trying to do this again, probably has a similar year to last year, then announces he's bowing out sometime next season allowing Currie to do a proper search.  At least that seems like the most realistic scenario to me.

I don't think any scenario that involves Snyder leaving on his own in the next five years is a realistic scenario.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 12:00:15 PM »
I'm hoping that Snyder sees the challenge of trying to do this again, probably has a similar year to last year, then announces he's bowing out sometime next season allowing Currie to do a proper search.  At least that seems like the most realistic scenario to me.

I don't think any scenario that involves Snyder leaving on his own in the next five years is a realistic scenario.

I think the scenario where he leaves in the middle of a season for health concerns and promotes Sean to interim head coach is realistic.

catzacker

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 12:24:28 PM »
we could have had oscar Pearl if we hadn't of waited?

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »
f*ck patience.
EMAW

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 09:06:14 PM »
Snyder will not step down voluntarily.  He's going to have to be forced out put down at some point.

FYP

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 09:12:14 PM »

he makes 2 million a year.  even if he ever wanted out, his heirs wouldn't allow him to leave.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline NXL

• Really Terrible Poster
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
  • "A whole lot of places ..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 12:55:36 AM »
Snyder 2 is reminding me more and more of Favre. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 07:53:50 AM »

Except Favre was pretty fabulous last year.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 08:17:17 AM »

my opinion of Snyder would swing to the better if he sent pictures of his junk to random chicks.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 09:17:12 AM »
Snyder 2 and Favre are pretty much opposites. Favre keeps trying to retire and everyone wants him to stay. Snyder won't retire and everyone wants him to.