Author Topic: PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD  (Read 183800 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD
« Reply #600 on: March 07, 2012, 01:53:30 AM »

Great movie!
Birdie :love:
the soundtrack :love: :love: :love:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 11, 2012, 06:38:22 PM »
MIR and I were a well-oiled machine today.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 11, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »
Trim's jumper was wet, I set quality picks and did a great Jamar impersonation by scoring each time after missing 3 layups first.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD
« Reply #603 on: March 18, 2012, 10:29:55 PM »
I'm back in the SEK for the weekend and played "old vs young" at my old grade school gym. Had a dream night with the jump hook rolling off the screen. I'm almost embarrassed by how happy it made me.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 18, 2012, 10:35:45 PM »
billyzabka hooped with us this morning.  :thumbs:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 18, 2012, 10:42:03 PM »

Making friends and making baskets. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 18, 2012, 11:29:26 PM »

Making friends and making baskets.

Should be the new name of the 'Ta EMAWers basketball league

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 19, 2012, 12:27:57 AM »
Had a new guy come Friday. Had one of the white guys that is pretty good and obviously plays a lot, (I described the type in my 'And 1' guy), bring a friend a long. A tall athletic guy that was OK, but nothing special. He was on a stacked team with his And 1 buddy and a couple other really good athletes and I was with some old farts (I was 2nd or 3rd most athletic, which is never a good thing).

Anyway, it was a pretty close game - no one led by more than 2. We play 12 minute games if no one gets to get to 8, but the scoreboard makes it really hard to tell how much time is left because so many bulbs are out. I was guarding the new guy and he asked me how much time was left, and I said "probably 4 minutes". He said "looks like 8". I was like, "yeah, but it's probably 3 or 4." Anyway, we keep playing, and of course yours truly hit the go ahead 3 when new guy was helping in the post with about 15 seconds left. He starts laying into his team. "WHY THE eff DO YOU LET SOMEONE HIT A WIDE-OPEN THREE???" Then the horn blows and he's like, "I THOUGHT THERE WERE 8 MINUTES LEFT. THIS COURT SUCKS."

In his next game, he throws an absolute fit when an older guy (that is a bit of a dick, but whatever) calls a foul. Calls him a "pussy". Then throws another fit when there was a travel called on his team. (We maybe call a travel once a month and only where it's really bad.) He said, "I can't believe you call a travel in this league." Then he threw a fit over an out of bounds call. AN OUT OF BOUNDS CALL! At one point I told him to stop being a dick but he didn't seem to listen.

Hope he comes back so I can guard him and make dirty plays under the basket and see if I can piss him off again.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:31:30 AM by michigancat »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 19, 2012, 01:07:40 AM »
I hope you dominate the crap out of him, michigancat. Hate those kinds of guys.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 19, 2012, 01:20:43 AM »

Hope he comes back so I can guard him and make dirty plays under the basket and see if I can piss him off again.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 19, 2012, 03:21:34 AM »
u digg  :cool:

I think we should start using this phrase more often again.

Offline billyzabka

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 19, 2012, 09:01:11 AM »

Sore as hell this morning but had a good time. Need to get in shape and shake the rust off a bit.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 19, 2012, 10:23:46 AM »

ha, that's great

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 20, 2012, 12:08:43 AM »
dropped 25pts in a summer league game in front of the Barton county coach.

10 seconds left. Inbounded the ball with the whole court to go... Pick up top, crossover on some kid who is going to play at some small college lol..... and drained that mofo with the buzzer sounding. Took it into overtime and won the game!

JUCO TYPE TALENT HERE BOYS!
Jason "white chocolate" Williams

EMAW

Offline ictcat_24

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 20, 2012, 11:56:11 PM »
I'll say this after playing without MIR on Sunday: I now will never take our pick-n-roll friendship for granted. I look forward to dishing to a cutting MIR for buckets until defenses collapse on him and I kick out to Trim to make it rain from 3-point land. #TeamStrutNCut

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: March 21, 2012, 12:02:59 AM »
I'll say this after playing without MIR on Sunday: I now will never take our pick-n-roll friendship for granted. I look forward to dishing to a cutting MIR for buckets until defenses collapse on him and I kick out to Trim to make it rain from 3-point land. #TeamStrutNCut

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 21, 2012, 08:24:56 AM »
I played my worst game of the year last night.  :cry: I ran into a damn zone and I kept wanting to break it and either dish off to our big guy last second or score with a floater. However, they had two quick crap guards who kept cutting me off and stealing my cookies. I was really  :embarrassed: after the game. The big guy who played euro ball said: "Why didn't you shoot 3's too break that crap, FANNING?" I was all like: :ck:

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 21, 2012, 08:26:07 AM »

pffffft

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 21, 2012, 09:43:24 AM »

Looking forward to our high-level intrasquad scrimmage this Sunday, that I expect to have the same intensity and legacy as the oft-discussed 1992 "Dream Team" practices.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 21, 2012, 10:37:19 AM »
I played my worst game of the year last night.  :cry: I ran into a damn zone and I kept wanting to break it and either dish off to our big guy last second or score with a floater. However, they had two quick crap guards who kept cutting me off and stealing my cookies. I was really  :embarrassed: after the game. The big guy who played euro ball said: "Why didn't you shoot 3's too break that crap, FANNING?" I was all like: :ck:

fanning, sounds like you need to start a fanning highly competitive basketball league thread!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 21, 2012, 10:39:17 AM »

fanning, sounds like you need to start a fanning highly competitive basketball league thread!
I play for keeps michigancat, I play for keeps!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 21, 2012, 10:40:02 AM »
I'm serious! Unless someone honestly played zone in a pickup game, then that would be quite the wacky story!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 21, 2012, 10:42:29 AM »
I'm serious! Unless someone honestly played zone in a pickup game, then that would be quite the wacky story!
Can confirm. (although, they had just run off 4 games in a row and our shortest player was 6'1")  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:45:58 AM by fanningksu »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 21, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »

I played in a pick up game a month ago where they wanted to play zone.  Those dumbasses, including the two guys who proposed playing zone and had no idea what they were doing.  I played the middle of the zone and I can't remember having to cover so much ground playing defense in a pickup game.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 21, 2012, 03:42:02 PM »

I played in a pick up game a month ago where they wanted to play zone.  Those dumbasses, including the two guys who proposed playing zone and had no idea what they were doing.  I played the middle of the zone and I can't remember having to cover so much ground playing defense in a pickup game.

LOL @ you letting them PI you into playing zone.

I've seriously never seen this, or even heard it discussed. Crazy.