Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 965587 times)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #3075 on: April 23, 2013, 08:38:55 PM »
Profile is a wing that can score in bunches, that our staff believe is an NBA talent. :dunno:

Offline SPE_khat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: April 23, 2013, 08:39:57 PM »
Maybe Brucey learned a little something recruiting Chicago. He's locked up a transfer who can't be contacted yet. :dunno:

"Black, who graduates from Memphis this spring, plans to get his release from the Tigers this week and will be eligible to play immediately at his next school as a grad student. Per conditions of the release, he won't be permitted to transfer to a school that is on the Tigers' schedule next season.
Black said he hasn't reached out yet to any other schools, noting that it would be an NCAA violation if he did so before acquiring his release. He said at this point he doesn't have a list of schools he's considering."

:pray:

Offline sjmickelson

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: April 23, 2013, 08:49:39 PM »
Profile is a wing that can score in bunches, that our staff believe is an NBA talent. :dunno:

Trey Zeigler may fit that profile, though it's only been proven at CM w/ a flop at Pitt last year.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: April 23, 2013, 09:01:08 PM »
Maybe Brucey learned a little something recruiting Chicago. He's locked up a transfer who can't be contacted yet. :dunno:

"Black, who graduates from Memphis this spring, plans to get his release from the Tigers this week and will be eligible to play immediately at his next school as a grad student. Per conditions of the release, he won't be permitted to transfer to a school that is on the Tigers' schedule next season.
Black said he hasn't reached out yet to any other schools, noting that it would be an NCAA violation if he did so before acquiring his release. He said at this point he doesn't have a list of schools he's considering."

Quote from: @MemphisRoar
Word is that Kansas will be in soon as well @KUTheShiver RT @TheDevilsDen: Duke visiting Tarik Black tonight for a visit.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: April 23, 2013, 09:34:40 PM »

Word is that Kansas will be in soon as well @KUTheShiver RT @TheDevilsDen: Duke visiting Tarik Black tonight for a visit.
Do not want Tarik Black, he is not that good and we don't need a patch job.

Offline sjmickelson

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: April 23, 2013, 09:55:59 PM »

DJamer, gip, fincher. What am I missing? We could use 2 or 3 patch jobs. Though its a moot point based on the Duke/UK info.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: April 23, 2013, 09:59:36 PM »
He is the same type of player as Gib, DJamer, Fincher... We are in more need of another small forward so we can keep shane at the four or a stretch 4 to move shane to the three. I believe the 4 is the best position for shane.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #3082 on: April 23, 2013, 10:07:48 PM »
Apparently Edmond was the leading scorer in the state of Michigan.  He averaged 28 per game with 14 boards.

He is also a qualifying risk.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: April 23, 2013, 10:20:22 PM »

:lol: good enough for Coach K and Bill Self, mixed-nutz passes

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: April 23, 2013, 10:39:45 PM »

Just saying we are not in the position to need a one year player. It won't make a difference in the long run, we not going to be one player away from anything next year.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: April 23, 2013, 10:43:14 PM »

Just saying we are not in the position to need a one year player. It won't make a difference in the long run, we not going to be one player away from anything next year.

C'mon man
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: April 23, 2013, 10:46:57 PM »

no way we get him, but you are just flat out wrong. We need talent for one, two, three, or four years.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: April 23, 2013, 10:48:34 PM »
We have no senior bigs, not only would Black be fine in our current situation, he would be ideal.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: April 23, 2013, 11:01:24 PM »
We have no senior bigs, not only would Black be fine in our current situation, he would be ideal.

We're not going to get anyone better at this point, may as well use the schollie on him this year and hope we get someone better to fill it in '14.  Not that were going to get him anyway though.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: April 23, 2013, 11:24:19 PM »
Two Fosters and two Johnsons!?! SIGN ME UP!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: April 24, 2013, 07:31:44 AM »

Trey Zeigler may fit that profile, though it's only been proven at CM w/ a flop at Pitt last year.

mentioned it earlier but his dad coached at KState with Wooly.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: April 24, 2013, 08:15:44 AM »
i've been working this out in my head for a few days now and what makes sense would be for the staff to go out and get two next level type players. a big and a ball handler. both need to be able to fill up the basket and ideally would be all league type defense players. my guess is that they are considering this. it just makes sense, ya know?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: April 24, 2013, 08:38:55 AM »
i've been working this out in my head for a few days now and what makes sense would be for the staff to go out and get two next level type players. a big and a ball handler. both need to be able to fill up the basket and ideally would be all league type defense players. my guess is that they are considering this. it just makes sense, ya know?

Makes perfect sense to me. But I only have decent bbiq so I agree, who knows?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: April 24, 2013, 08:42:40 AM »

mentioned it earlier but his dad coached at KState with Wooly.

I babysat him a couple times until he narced on us watching MTV.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: April 24, 2013, 08:46:23 AM »

it does make sense so that would lead me to believe that they're trying.  whether or not they're successful, well- that's another story.  sometimes in life, we're limited by our abilities.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: April 24, 2013, 08:57:58 AM »

it does make sense so that would lead me to believe that they're trying.  whether or not they're successful, well- that's another story.  sometimes in life, we're limited by our abilities.

A quick "for instance" clams-bud!  My ability to babysit Ziegz, was limited by my desire to watch Beavis and Butthead

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #3098 on: April 24, 2013, 08:58:40 AM »

Matthew 19:26 :nono:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: April 24, 2013, 09:18:38 AM »
Quote from: @GoodmanCBS
Maine transfer Hopper has visited Iowa State, is at Creighton now and told CBSSports he might take a trip to Kansas State.