Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 965287 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2875 on: April 09, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »
We are not in Severes top 5. Too bad he was the one to replace Sprads. Now we have to try Tulanes Josh Davis.

Josh Davis reportedly narrowed his list to four: Hoiballers, Zags, Pitt and the Breads. 

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2013/4/9/4204990/gonzaga-in-the-mix-for-tulane-transfer-josh-davis

I bet Hoiberg gets him. He's really making a name for himself as a stud in the coaching biz.

He's the top 5th year transfer out there.  He would be huge for the Breads.  I am pro-Hoiball, but he better not start taking recruits from the Breads. :shakesfist:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: April 09, 2013, 11:22:47 AM »
Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop) tweeted at 1:55 PM on Sun, Apr 07, 2013:
Jon Severe forgot to mention Duquesne on his cut list. The 2013 SG is officially down to Pitt, Wake Forest, Fordham, SHU, WVU & Duquesne.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: April 09, 2013, 11:29:48 AM »
We are not in Severes top 5. Too bad he was the one to replace Sprads. Now we have to try Tulanes Josh Davis.

Josh Davis reportedly narrowed his list to four: Hoiballers, Zags, Pitt and the Breads. 

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2013/4/9/4204990/gonzaga-in-the-mix-for-tulane-transfer-josh-davis

I bet Hoiberg gets him. He's really making a name for himself as a stud in the coaching biz.

He's the top 5th year transfer out there.  He would be huge for the Breads.  I am pro-Hoiball, but he better not start taking recruits from the Breads. :shakesfist:

I hope he goes to the Breads, too, but facts are facts, and kids want to play for Hoiberg. Who wouldn't want to play Hoiball? Shooting 3's and scoring tons of points is fun.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: April 09, 2013, 12:18:17 PM »
Meh.  The Breads need a 4 next year.  Davis would step on campus as the starter next to Egwu at the 5 and get 30+ mpg easy. 

The Hoiballers are returning Niang and Ejim as their starters in the "post" along with Gibson as their only legitimate 5.  They only lost Booker and his paltry 11.6 mpg in the paint.  They need guards not a 6-8, 215 lb 4-man that only took two 3PAs last season.  They could shift Niang to the 3 to make room, but that might be a tough switch on defense for him.

The green light from three selling point is really a wash between the two programs.  Breads=24.25 3PAs/game vs. ISU=26.4 3PAs/game.  Groce appears to be more of a proponent of shot taking as opposed to shot making.  Constantly quoted as saying he wants his players aggressive and attacking even if that means he has to live with bad shots.  It's calculated to lure stud recruits.  TBD if it's working.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: April 09, 2013, 12:29:30 PM »
They could shift Niang to the 3 to make room, but that might be a tough switch on defense for him.

I think they might be the worst basketball team in the entire history of earth if Niang started at the 3
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: April 09, 2013, 12:33:56 PM »
They could shift Niang to the 3 to make room, but that might be a tough switch on defense for him.

I think they might be the worst basketball team in the entire history of earth if Niang started at the 3

That's what I'm saying.  Davis needs to go to the Breads and tell Hoiberg to quit wasting his rough ridin' time already. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: April 09, 2013, 02:09:10 PM »
I wonder if Ejim is going to test the waters

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: April 09, 2013, 02:12:43 PM »
WTH is oscar doing..eating Freddys chicken nuggets all day everyday?

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: April 09, 2013, 02:13:38 PM »
*chicken nuggets

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: April 09, 2013, 06:28:09 PM »
 :bang:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: April 09, 2013, 10:19:57 PM »

Offline salcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: April 09, 2013, 11:08:19 PM »
Do we have any connection to Joseph Uchebo? Top 100 center out of high school and went to Chipola Juco.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/USC/basketball/recruiting/player-Joseph-Uchebo-93682
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:12:59 PM by salcat »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: April 10, 2013, 01:38:42 AM »
How'd you find that dude, he hasn't had any updates since he was in high school?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: April 10, 2013, 09:46:11 AM »
You have to take a big with one IMHO. With the other, I'm good with best available player that we can sign. Another guard would be preferable, but that will be a hard sell with Angel, Thomas, and Foster already here.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: April 10, 2013, 09:52:25 AM »
You have to take a big with one IMHO. With the other, I'm good with best available player that we can sign. Another guard would be preferable, but that will be a hard sell with Angel, Thomas, and Foster already here.

that's the easiest sell any winning-record, high-major has ever had.  "hey we've been good since you were 12 and we're on tv a lot.  but think carefully, because we have a junior pg that will help you score like a madman before you take over the point in a couple of years.  and you'll also have to compete with a handful of unranked freshman and a below average sr guard that everyone hates.

oh, we also play three guards all the time."
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: April 10, 2013, 09:55:27 AM »

that's the easiest sell any winning-record, high-major has ever had

exaggeration

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: April 10, 2013, 10:09:41 AM »

that's the easiest sell any winning-record, high-major has ever had.  "hey we've been good since you were 12 and we're on tv a lot.  but think carefully, because we have a junior pg that will help you score like a madman before you take over the point in a couple of years.  and you'll also have to compete with a handful of unranked freshman and a below average sr guard that everyone hates.

oh, we also play three guards all the time."

you would make a great recruiter, I'm sold

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: April 10, 2013, 10:26:34 AM »
I guess it depends how you describe our system.

I would consider last year's system to be much more a double swing line-up than a 4 guard line up. La Salle was truly 4 guards, but I think small ball in an AQ conference makes more sense with 2 guards, 2 swings, and 1 true post so you get a little more size on the floor. That leads to 2 SFs that have some ability to handle, which is what we had in Rod and Shane. Rod was never really a guard IMO, he was an undersized SF and Shane is definitely a SF. So I can see where Griffin above makes some sense; he plays with Shane not as a back-up.

Honestly, my concern level would go in this order for ships: 1) post depth 2) swing depth, 3) guard depth. I'd rather find an immediate replacement for Rod than for Tay, but first priority should be another post, depending on what they think Fincher can do to help next year.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: April 10, 2013, 10:39:01 AM »
I would consider last year's system to be much more a double swing line-up than a 4 guard line up.

Honestly, my concern level would go in this order for ships: 1) post depth 2) swing depth, 3) guard depth. I'd rather find an immediate replacement for Rod than for Tay, but first priority should be another post, depending on what they think Fincher can do to help next year.

you're right, mcgruder was a skilled 3, not a guard.  i guess my thought is that it's going to be easier to find a skilled guard than a skilled 3 at this point in the year, but i'd be happy with either.  i think kstate needs another guy that is a better than average shooter, whether it's a guard or a three.  if he can handle too, that's a plus.  i'd put getting a big as a need that is secondary to that, but if there's a big available that can actually help you, great.  sounds like a tall order for spring recruiting though.  i wouldn't take someone just as a body.  i'd rather have 5 guys on the court that can play rather than guys taken to fit some predetermined size or role characteristics.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: April 10, 2013, 11:00:29 AM »
I would consider last year's system to be much more a double swing line-up than a 4 guard line up.

you're right, mcgruder was a skilled 3, not a guard.  i guess my thought is that it's going to be easier to find a skilled guard than a skilled 3 at this point in the year, but i'd be happy with either.  i think kstate needs another guy that is a better than average shooter, whether it's a guard or a three.  if he can handle too, that's a plus.  i'd put getting a big as a need that is secondary to that, but if there's a big available that can actually help you, great.  sounds like a tall order for spring recruiting though.  i wouldn't take someone just as a body.  i'd rather have 5 guys on the court that can play rather than guys taken to fit some predetermined size or role characteristics.

Agree with all of that. And I can see the value of best available scorer over a big as well. I just hope they can pull in at least one more that can contribute next year.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: April 10, 2013, 12:43:53 PM »
Mystery Recruit.  :gocho:   :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile