Author Topic: Anybody ever pour peanuts in your Coke?  (Read 3658 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody ever pour peanuts in your Coke?
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 03:19:14 PM »
When I lived in western ks for 2 years everyone loved red beer.  Once I was on the golf course with my boss and some other guys and they wanted me to try red beer because they said it was so good so I did and I pretended to like it so that I would fit in but I was throwing up mentally because it was so super gross.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 03:25:25 PM »
I did it a few times after some Southerners showed me.  It's not gross.  It tastes like a mouthful of peanuts and Coke, which is good.  I haven't done it since, though.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 03:28:43 PM »
Do the peanuts float around or do they sink to the bottom?

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 03:30:51 PM »
Whenever I go to visit my grandad in western ks, I always* take him to the bar and we get some red beers. I think they are gross, but he's 94 and says some really awesome/crazy crap after he puts a couple down.

*The 1 bar in town is between owners every other time visit, so it's not always open.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 03:32:48 PM »
They float and don't get soggy or anything.  It's exactly as though you just threw a few dry ones in your mouth and then immediately took a drink.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Anybody ever pour peanuts in your Coke?
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2012, 03:34:16 PM »
I assume they are intended to be boiled peanuts, 'cause southerners.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 06:36:22 PM »
How many peanuts are talking? A couple or a couple dozen or what?

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 07:22:50 PM »
They float and don't get soggy or anything.  It's exactly as though you just threw a few dry ones in your mouth and then immediately took a drink.

Not quite.  All the salt comes of the peanuts when you put them in the Cola.  Leaves bland peanuts and salty Cola.  Better to just Munch peanuts and sip Cola.

One of my fave road snacks is peanuts and Cola. One tube hot n spicy, one tube honey roasted.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 08:25:09 PM »
just another redneck hayseed tradition, similar to drinking red beer.

You shut your whore mouth!
@mikec2w

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 08:34:52 PM »

Not quite.  All the salt comes of the peanuts when you put them in the Cola.  Leaves bland peanuts and salty Cola.  Better to just Munch peanuts and sip Cola.

One of my fave road snacks is peanuts and Cola. One tube hot n spicy, one tube honey roasted.

If you can taste the source of the salt when they're both in your mouth at the same time, you have a more sophisticated mouth than I do.

I like hot peanuts on road trips, too.  And Slim Jims!  Hoo boy!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2012, 09:54:53 PM »
Has anyone ever tried it with cherry coke?  I've been told that it's basically the same but with a slight cherry flavor. Sounds interesting.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2012, 10:16:49 PM »
When I was in HS I worked a summer at the grain elevator.  They had one of those quarter peanut machine where you get a handful and a pop machine in the office.  Farmers would come in and put the handful of peanuts in their coke.  I got hooked on it that summer but liked it better with Pepsi.

CALL ME A HAYSEED!!!  I'm proud of it and don't rough ridin' care.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2012, 10:20:25 PM »
I do something similar but instead I get the peanuts in the shell and then I break the shell open throw away the peanut and fill the shell with coke and slurp the coke out of the empty shell.

i do something similar except i water my peanut crops with coke and then harvest my coke raised peanuts and put them in my electric juicer and take the juice and pour it into a coke can and enjoy it all day long. everyone thinks i'm drinking coke, like i'm some complete dumbass :lol:

holy crap

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2012, 10:31:59 PM »
When I was in HS I worked a summer at the grain elevator.  They had one of those quarter peanut machine where you get a handful and a pop machine in the office.  Farmers would come in and put the handful of peanuts in their coke.  I got hooked on it that summer but liked it better with Pepsi.

This makes sense.  More of a necessity thing than anything.  Btw, did you ever put peanuts in your beer Brian?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2012, 10:34:44 PM »
True story:

When nicname hands out with people from his hometown he develops an accent that he does not normally speak with.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »
True story:

When nicname hands out with people from his hometown he develops an accent that he does not normally speak with.

i used to do this when i worked with mexicans and el salvadorans. (no  :opcat:)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 10:47:44 PM »

This makes sense.  More of a necessity thing than anything.  Btw, did you ever put peanuts in your beer Brian?

Nope. Only Pepsi.  Even though I do like Beer Nuts.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2012, 11:04:47 PM »

I bet you do.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 11:51:41 PM »

I bet you do.

YUP!! I drink beer and am a hayseed.  Any other questions?

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2012, 12:51:09 AM »
OK, OK, I get it. That said, I know a lot of people who've poured their nuts into different things (including, I'm sad to say, an animal...not me, by the way), but I've never known anyone (including myself) that's poured their nuts into a Coke.