Author Topic: Dominique Davis - ECU QB (Ft. Scott Community College)  (Read 6127 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Dominique Davis - ECU QB (Ft. Scott Community College)
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2010, 10:54:12 PM »
Talking football with Dax is like talking pork with Saul.  rough ridin' pointless.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2010, 10:56:15 PM »
Talking football with Dax is like talking pork with Saul.  fracking pointless.

1000 plus yards and 10 TD's in four starts at the D1 level . . . meanwhile Carsy Coffman will be lucky to duplicate that in 12 starts.  400 yards plus of total offense in his first start under a brand new coaching staff in a brand new system.  

You're an incredible dumbass.

Oh but wait, how many offers did he have coming out of Ft. Scott??  The Tard logic of jtksu.   Hey look at all the guys K-State was after last year . . . and how many did they get, the Dumb and Dumber coaches kid out of Maryland. 

Offline Special_k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2010, 11:28:35 PM »
Talking football with Dax is like talking pork with Saul.  fracking pointless.

1000 plus yards and 10 TD's in four starts at the D1 level . . . meanwhile Carsy Coffman will be lucky to duplicate that in 12 starts.  400 yards plus of total offense in his first start under a brand new coaching staff in a brand new system.  

You're an incredible dumbass.

Oh but wait, how many offers did he have coming out of Ft. Scott??  The Tard logic of jtksu.   Hey look at all the guys K-State was after last year . . . and how many did they get, the Dumb and Dumber coaches kid out of Maryland. 

And look at his stats while at Fort Scott. There's a reason why no major DI-A programs offered the kid outside of ECU.

Tard logic is thinking that one decent game against TULSA, where BTW, the opposing QB outgained Davis in passing yards, completion percentage, and had the same TD:Int ratio, makes a great QB. I guess we probably should've offered Tulsa's Kinne too? LOL

Quality post, dax. Maybe do a little research before you try trying to justify idiotic statements the next time.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2010, 11:43:03 PM »
Dax was told by the KSU athletic department-  "Thanks but no thanks, we don't want you as a fan anymore."  Since that day, he has clearly made it his life's mission to spend every waking minute talking crap on KSU message boards.  Dax- the jilted lover.  Hell hath no fury like a Dax scorned.  Why are you talking crap on Cosh now?  All he did was set about every state passing record in Maryland.  Now way should we have signed that kid.  We should have signed the juco kid that only one team in the entire nation wanted.  Yeah, let's sign that kid.  :facepalm:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2010, 01:14:31 AM »

Yeah, my all time favorite tard talking point from last season post-rationalizing Snyder's QB recruiting failure was that Cameron Newton was the ONLY juco quarterback on the planet worthy of a scholarship offer.  Still love it.  Cam Newton or bust, because everyone else is worthless - more worthless than three quarterbacks currently on the roster that wouldn't start for Washburn.
And if you had seen Davis play, you would be saying he wouldn't start for Washburn either. There were other QBs in last year's JUCO class I was hoping our coaches would make a stronger push for in addition to Newton, and Davis wasn't one of them.

Like I said, the kid had size and average speed for a dual-threat and that was about it. There's a reason why ECU was his only offer, and if they took a chance on him and it pays off, props to them to taking a roll of the dice and succeeding.

Obviously, ECU saw something. 

Stop acting like you're a better evaluator of talent than a coach at a BCS football program.

Dax and Wabash-  smarter and better judges of talent than 118 D1 coaching staffs, including the HOF LHC Bill Snyder.  Jezzuz, dudes why are you wasting your time on this board?  You should be like co-presidents of the freaking NCAA!!

Wow. 

:powerespect:

:confused: :confused:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2010, 05:19:38 AM »
Wabash-  How many times did you watch him play?  

You don't simply get it, do you?  Unlike Special K, I don't pretend to be a college football talent evaluator.

I do trust a coaching staff at Boston College who also happened to recruit Matt Ryan and another one in ECU more than a I do some random douche on a message board when it comes to talent analysis, however.

Tard logic is going to one fracking JUCO game at Fort Scott, watching the dude play and writing off all his ability on your clipboard like you're some sort of fracking expert.

I'll tell you what I am qualified to grasp is that we had three QB's on scholarship last year and none of them could beat out a transfer from South Florida with one arm that transferred to the program in August.  It takes a monkey to identify this is a critical recruiting need.

At the end of the day, this isn't about Dominique Davis.  Davis is one part of an overall systemic problem.  But, not surprisingly this is too complex for you to understand.  Nobody is saying this guy is the next Joe Montana, you dumbass.

What we're saying is, at least offer the kid a scholarship.  shazbot!, take a flier.  Is he the best JUCO quarterback in the land?  Probably not.  Is he better than most of the options you've currently got on your roster and would he generate some competition at the very least?  Yes.  

It's not the end of the world to not land Davis.  The problem is not landing anything at the position, when there were a number of obviously viable options available out there last season outside of Cameron Newton (Davis being one of them) , and then just throwing your fracking hands up in the air when you strike out on your supposed top choice that was a pipe dream to begin with.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:06:33 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2010, 07:52:57 AM »
Dax was told by the KSU athletic department-  "Thanks but no thanks, we don't want you as a fan anymore."  Since that day, he has clearly made it his life's mission to spend every waking minute talking feces on KSU message boards.  Dax- the jilted lover.  Hell hath no fury like a Dax scorned.  Why are you talking feces on Cosh now?  All he did was set about every state passing record in Maryland.  Now way should we have signed that kid.  We should have signed the juco kid that only one team in the entire nation wanted.  Yeah, let's sign that kid.  :facepalm:

I am season ticket holder and Ahearn contributor . . . I was "reinstated" several years ago.  You're taking powerespect to never before seen levels on this board jt . . .  keep it up.

A starting D1 capable QB was playing JC ball in Kansas, and K-State after striking out on a much needed JC QB recruits didn't even offer the kid a scholarship, and K-State even had more time to try to sway the kid because the kid waited to sign with ECU until their coaching situation was settled, so he wasn't even signed with ECU on signing day.   I could be wrong, I believe he's even a 3 to play 3 kid since he qualified right out of high school.   So you can continue powerespect this board up all want, but D Davis is a textbook example of the failure of QB recruiting at K-State.   

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2010, 08:32:02 AM »
the prince of darkness slaughtering the eff out of tards since before time.   :popcorn:

Offline Special_k

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2010, 10:03:30 AM »
Wabash-  How many times did you watch him play?  

You don't simply get it, do you?  Unlike Special K, I don't pretend to be a college football talent evaluator.

I do trust a coaching staff at Boston College who also happened to recruit Matt Ryan and another one in ECU more than a I do some random douche on a message board when it comes to talent analysis, however.

Tard logic is going to one fracking JUCO game at Fort Scott, watching the dude play and writing off all his ability on your clipboard like you're some sort of fracking expert.

I'll tell you what I am qualified to grasp is that we had three QB's on scholarship last year and none of them could beat out a transfer from South Florida with one arm that transferred to the program in August.  It takes a monkey to identify this is a critical recruiting need.

At the end of the day, this isn't about Dominique Davis.  Davis is one part of an overall systemic problem.  But, not surprisingly this is too complex for you to understand.  Nobody is saying this guy is the next Joe Montana, you dumbass.

What we're saying is, at least offer the kid a scholarship.  shazbot!, take a flier.  Is he the best JUCO quarterback in the land?  Probably not.  Is he better than most of the options you've currently got on your roster and would he generate some competition at the very least?  Yes.  

It's not the end of the world to not land Davis.  The problem is not landing anything at the position, when there were a number of obviously viable options available out there last season outside of Cameron Newton (Davis being one of them) , and then just throwing your fracking hands up in the air when you strike out on your supposed top choice that was a pipe dream to begin with.

I saw him play twice in person, and by you and dax sitting here and pointing to one game with some scewed stats (a game which you probably didn't even watch) against a weak opponent you're doing exactly what you claim I'm doing--i.e. pretending to be a talent evaluator. At least I can say I've seen the kid play in person twice.

I'm not disagreeing that our QB recruiting is abysmal, but you don't go offering every kid with two arms and plays juco ball somewhere. Like I said, there were other options at QB in addition to Cam Newton that I was hoping we would make a push for that we didn't go after or didn't get. I don't hold it against our coaches for not offering Davis, though, because, in all honesty, I don't think he's a Big XII talent (not saying our own QBs are either, for clarification) and I'll stand by that statement.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2010, 10:29:07 AM »
Not pretending to do anything.   Plus, I clearly stated it was C-USA football, and I didn't call Tulsa some sort of Steel Curtain defense either.   What I did point out was other intangibles like first game, new staff etc. etc.

At BC he earned the back up spot to a good upper classman as a RS-Freshman, he played against Wake Forest (half game),  he started against Maryland, Virginia Tech and Vandy.  

You can't put a lot into what a kid in that situation does at a JC because a whole bunch of other variables get tossed in.  

What else needs to be said, the kid signed out of High School with BC, he earned the back up spot as a RS Freshman, he had 3 D1 starts against ACC and SEC competition, he was a 3 to play 3 kid playing at Kansas JC, and K-State apparently didn't even offer him . . . and that's with the kid waiting to sign because of an uncertain coaching situation at ECU.   Like I said, the ECU coaches flew out to convince him to stick to ECU so apparently at one point there were some doubts.  

I just want to make sure I've got the logic right though.   K-State welcomes a 6th year senior lifetime back up from South Florida with open arms, but we don't even offer a kid like D. Davis??    That's absolutely fascinating to me.

I'll stack Steve Logan up against Grandpa Del Miller on QB evaluation all day and twice on Sunday.  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:30:55 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2010, 10:35:06 AM »
how many division 1 games have you coached, prince of daxness?

boom roasted.   :party:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2011, 10:03:44 PM »

Breakin' records
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd