Author Topic: PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD  (Read 184555 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD
« Reply #500 on: January 22, 2012, 03:07:36 PM »
serves you right for going to socal.  socal, they use our water and suck, amirite?  i'm rite.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 22, 2012, 03:32:22 PM »
MIR is accepting applications to join the Wichita Pak'rs YMCA team looking to begin play in April.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 22, 2012, 05:20:53 PM »
MIR is accepting applications to join the Wichita Pak'rs YMCA team looking to begin play in April.

I'll coach via bbs.  Let me know who's on the team and I will start planning the first cuts

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 22, 2012, 05:43:03 PM »

I'll coach via bbs.  Let me know who's on the team and I will start planning the first cuts

OK, but we're somewhat committed to the pinwheel offense with MIR in the high post.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 22, 2012, 06:01:57 PM »
Let me know if you need a Vic.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD
« Reply #505 on: January 22, 2012, 07:16:29 PM »
serves you right for going to socal.  socal, they use our water and suck, amirite?  i'm rite.

I'm easily charmed by SoCal. But this group was odd.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 22, 2012, 07:49:23 PM »

Don't hate, appreciate.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PICKUP BASKETBALL THREAD
« Reply #507 on: January 22, 2012, 08:32:09 PM »
So I'm visiting family in SoCal and went to a local park. A group of six guys show up at the basketball courts at the same time (with a couple basketballs). What did they start playing?

If you guessed knockout you were correct.

:sdeek: if these guys were older than 15 but younger than 50

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 22, 2012, 10:49:48 PM »
was this in venice at the white men can't jump courts?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 22, 2012, 10:57:33 PM »

OK, but we're somewhat committed to the pinwheel offense with MIR in the high post.

MIR is suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.  I'll shoot him a PM in a week and we'll update his status from there

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: January 23, 2012, 12:04:52 AM »
So I'm visiting family in SoCal and went to a local park. A group of six guys show up at the basketball courts at the same time (with a couple basketballs). What did they start playing?

If you guessed knockout you were correct.

:sdeek: if these guys were older than 15 but younger than 50

confirmed. :sdeek:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 30, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »
I think my ribs are broke.

So, we got to see a new way of dealing with teammates who don't pass you the ball enough or how/when you like it.  Next time said teammate does pass you the ball, just stand there and let it fly past you and out of bounds to prove your point.

Guy who felt he was trying to earn a 10-day contract on a sunday afternoon at the Y after letting the pass to him that would've been an open layup go flying by: MAN HIT ME ON TIME!

Passer: :dunno:

Me, MIR & JW:  :horrorsurprise:  :surprised:  :sdeek:

Can't remember if BBF$$Kat was in that game or not.  If so, add a  :horrorsurprise:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 30, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »

So, we got to see a new way of dealing with teammates who don't pass you the ball enough or how/when you like it.  Next time said teammate does pass you the ball, just stand there and let it fly past you and out of bounds to prove your point.

Guy who felt he was trying to earn a 10-day contract on a sunday afternoon at the Y after letting the pass to him that would've been an open layup go flying by: MAN HIT ME ON TIME!

Can't remember if BBF$$Kat was in that game or not.  If so, add a  :horrorsurprise:

ha, that sounds awesome. Today we had a "I think I'm way more open than you do" guy. Got really upset at a couple people for not hitting him soon enough. He didn't intentionally not catch a pass, though.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:17:23 PM by michigancat »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 30, 2012, 02:08:42 PM »
#teamknockoutguys  :thumbs:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 31, 2012, 11:32:44 AM »

ha, that sounds awesome. Today we had a "I think I'm way more open than you do" guy. Got really upset at a couple people for not hitting him soon enough. He didn't intentionally not catch a pass, though.

One of our regulars is that guy. The minute anyone puts the ball on the floor to drive, he starts going "Woo! Woooo!!!" from wherever he is on the court, open or not. Then, if he doesn't get the ball and the guy misses the shot, he throws his hands up in frustration. Every. Time.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 31, 2012, 12:34:12 PM »
Sounds like fanning would have been a nice piece to add to that puzzle you guys got down there in Wichita. I can DOB's. It's pretty awesome.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 31, 2012, 07:07:48 PM »

One of our regulars is that guy. The minute anyone puts the ball on the floor to drive, he starts going "Woo! Woooo!!!" from wherever he is on the court, open or not. Then, if he doesn't get the ball and the guy misses the shot, he throws his hands up in frustration. Every. Time.

But does he keep his hands up and watch as the ball gets passed to him and subsequently flies by?  That's how it's done.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 31, 2012, 07:08:34 PM »
Sounds like fanning would have been a nice piece to add to that puzzle you guys got down there in Wichita. I can DOB's. It's pretty awesome.

Get back together with filly and start coming to Wichita every weekend again starting in April.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 01, 2012, 12:20:16 PM »

Get back together with filly and start coming to Wichita every weekend again starting in April.

WELL?

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 02, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »

But does he keep his hands up and watch as the ball gets passed to him and subsequently flies by?  That's how it's done.

Nope. He catches, shoots a brick, and says, "Damn, I'm off today"....every day.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 02, 2012, 04:39:11 PM »
Any decent courts in MHK that aren't over populated? I need to work on my 3 ball without embarrassing myself in front of people Plus this weather won't last much longer.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 02, 2012, 04:44:10 PM »

WELL?
No way. Find me a new filly down there (hot one) and that will be how you guys can pay me for my services.  :lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 02, 2012, 05:23:06 PM »
Any decent courts in MHK that aren't over populated? I need to work on my 3 ball without embarrassing myself in front of people Plus this weather won't last much longer.

find an empty court and shoot by yourself. Then join a court.

Alternatively, you could grow some balls and just go play somewhere.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 02, 2012, 07:13:25 PM »

find an empty court and shoot by yourself. Then join a court.

Alternatively, you could grow some balls and just go play somewhere.

So do people laugh at your poor shooting?
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 02, 2012, 07:21:57 PM »
I don't have that problem. :gocho:

Use your judgement. I doubt people will laugh at you, but they will let you know one way or another if you are shooting too much at a poor rate. Eye rolls are much more common for a bad shooter that shoots too much. And you don't have to shoot.