Author Topic: Help Steve Dave Build A House (NOW HELP HIM TAKE CARE OF IT)  (Read 178230 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Help Steve Dave Build A House (NOW HELP HIM TAKE CARE OF IT)
« Reply #1175 on: June 25, 2014, 07:55:23 PM »
1 hour and 45 minutes! In 81 degree heat! I'm dead. I died.

great job bud, grab a couple of miller lites and look out on the perfectly manicured lawn you just created.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

« Reply #1176 on: June 25, 2014, 07:57:43 PM »
did you have to sharpen the blade like halfway through that jungle or did you dr mower the crap out of that thing?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1177 on: June 25, 2014, 10:47:28 PM »
did you have to sharpen the blade like halfway through that jungle or did you dr mower the crap out of that thing?

I actually think this is a pretty good advertisement for that brand of mower, to be honest.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 25, 2014, 10:50:20 PM »
Jfc get a rider

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 25, 2014, 11:17:02 PM »
Mowed tonight also.  Nothing beats a good shirtless mowing sesh

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 26, 2014, 05:22:31 AM »
sd, when you come back to life, please tell us if you think it looks awesome or not. Also, how big is your lot that it took 1 hr and 45 minutes? I am guessing that is becasue you were bagging it per my recommendation since the grass was so long. Once you get on a regular schedule, you'll probably  be able to mow in 30-40 minutes and then edge a few times a year at most.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 26, 2014, 06:51:10 AM »
pic of miller lite in grass

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 26, 2014, 08:09:31 AM »
sd, when you come back to life, please tell us if you think it looks awesome or not. Also, how big is your lot that it took 1 hr and 45 minutes? I am guessing that is becasue you were bagging it per my recommendation since the grass was so long. Once you get on a regular schedule, you'll probably  be able to mow in 30-40 minutes and then edge a few times a year at most.

yes, bagged except for about half of the back because I filled my entire yard waste bin up  :sdeek:

I don't know how big it is. the entire lot is less than 1/2 an acre and some of that is covered with a three car driveway and sidewalks and junk. also a house is on some of it. looks ok but still has the lines in it from laying the sod and some parts weren't rooted completely down and pulled a bit. overall it's pretty solid. also edged it and blew off the sidewalk and junk. trimmer battery lasted for the entire trim/edge/blower session on one charge which was nice. got grass all over my legs, very gross. don't empty your bag into your container over your driveway. do it in the grass. good pro-tip here. had to read the manual to figure out how to start my mower. it mows good I think. going to mulch it this weekend. going to watering once a day this week and then a normal every other day schedule.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 26, 2014, 08:17:49 AM »
they grow up so fast, ya know? proud of you, steve.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 26, 2014, 08:36:48 AM »
man. i read 1 hour and 45 minutes and freaked out for you for a little bit before finding out that the time also including bagging and trimming.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: June 26, 2014, 09:30:17 AM »

yes, bagged except for about half of the back because I filled my entire yard waste bin up  :sdeek:

I don't know how big it is. the entire lot is less than 1/2 an acre and some of that is covered with a three car driveway and sidewalks and junk. also a house is on some of it. looks ok but still has the lines in it from laying the sod and some parts weren't rooted completely down and pulled a bit. overall it's pretty solid. also edged it and blew off the sidewalk and junk. trimmer battery lasted for the entire trim/edge/blower session on one charge which was nice. got grass all over my legs, very gross. don't empty your bag into your container over your driveway. do it in the grass. good pro-tip here. had to read the manual to figure out how to start my mower. it mows good I think. going to mulch it this weekend. going to watering once a day this week and then a normal every other day schedule.

Very cool.  Good purchase on your part.

As far as the grass in driveway, I think you can use the same lithium ion system to get a B&D blower.  I was gifted a gas one in the past, so I use that, but when it dies, I'm getting one of these.

http://www.blackanddecker.com/outdoor/LSWV36.aspx

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: June 26, 2014, 09:32:48 AM »
yeah, my trimmer came with a blower (not a vacuum one though). I just swapped out the battery and blew the grass off.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 26, 2014, 09:49:47 AM »
yeah, my trimmer came with a blower (not a vacuum one though). I just swapped out the battery and blew the grass off.

:thumbsup:

You definitely got a good deal then.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 26, 2014, 01:39:40 PM »

What did you buy?  I need to swap out my old gas model and a combo with a blower sounds really cool.
@mikec2w

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 26, 2014, 01:49:31 PM »

What did you buy?  I need to swap out my old gas model and a combo with a blower sounds really cool.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-LCC140-40-volt-Trimmer/dp/B00JGUAP8W/ref=zg_bsnr_553954_1

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 26, 2014, 01:54:01 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-LCC140-40-volt-Trimmer/dp/B00JGUAP8W/ref=zg_bsnr_553954_1

Nice.  Does the blower feel like it has quite a bit of power?  No problem getting grass clippings off of the concrete?
@mikec2w

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 26, 2014, 01:54:41 PM »

Nice.  Does the blower feel like it has quite a bit of power?  No problem getting grass clippings off of the concrete?

yeah, I've never used a blower before and it's really small but it was quiet and blew grass all over and even mulch chunks.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 26, 2014, 01:55:54 PM »

yeah, I've never used a blower before and it's really small but it was quiet and blew grass all over and even mulch chunks.

Cool.  You should get a commission check from B&D because you just sold one of these to me.
@mikec2w

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 26, 2014, 01:58:46 PM »
SD, when you were done mowing and manicuring and such, did you sit on your porch and sip ice tea while making little "ahh" noises after each sip and gazing out at your lawn in a very self-satisfied manner?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 26, 2014, 02:00:21 PM »
SD, when you were done mowing and manicuring and such, did you sit on your porch and sip ice tea while making little "ahh" noises after each sip and gazing out at your lawn in a very self-satisfied manner?

no, I was too gross with like little micro pieces of grass stuck all over my legs and also very sweaty. took a shower then sat in the air conditioning.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 26, 2014, 02:16:15 PM »

no, I was too gross with like little micro pieces of grass stuck all over my legs and also very sweaty. took a shower then sat in the air conditioning.

oh alright. well still a good evening.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 26, 2014, 02:18:42 PM »

Cool.  You should get a commission check from B&D because you just sold one of these to me.
DO NOT be tempted to save a couple of bucks and get the 18v version, I have it and 18v is barely enough to do a slightly larger than average drive way and very little sidewalk.  I am very happy with the 18v B&D hedge trimmer tho.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 26, 2014, 07:49:01 PM »
I think the greatest thing about sd posts are that he is a farm boy from Meade. It really puts his bbs'n ability into perspective when you read his posts with that in mind.
sd, someday I hope to crush a miller lite with you, preferably while looking at that beautiful lawn of yours.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 26, 2014, 11:14:39 PM »

you can buy a cylander that fits into the lawn bag like a funnel for grass.  makes bagging very efficient.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 27, 2014, 06:02:00 PM »
kat kid becomes the first gE to visit the house that gE built. wow. what an amazing thing for him.