Author Topic: Help Steve Dave Build A House (NOW HELP HIM TAKE CARE OF IT)  (Read 176751 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Help Steve Dave Build A House
« Reply #900 on: May 20, 2014, 02:40:39 PM »
That's looks like a tub I could really relax in while musing on the hundreds of children that die each day for want of access to clean drinking water.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 20, 2014, 02:43:06 PM »
Looks awesome but seems like there's a lot of wasted space with the way it is placed.

yeah, plus it's going to be a pain in the ass to clean around there.

that was my first thought.   

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 20, 2014, 02:44:27 PM »
hey steve dave can i take a bath in it during the college wor... [redacted].

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 20, 2014, 03:22:09 PM »
hey steve dave can i take a bath in it during the college wor... [redacted].

yea... pretty much

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 21, 2014, 03:37:19 PM »
http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/05/google-begin-serving-ads-nest-thermostats-soon.html
Google to Begin Serving ads on Nest Thermostats Soon

According to the SEC, Google has informed them that they are planning to begin serving ads on Nest Thermostats. Google bought Nest a few months ago, and is their new in-house hardware partner, basically. Now when Google purchased Nest, we all began to joke around about seeing Google+ tie into Nest as well as seeing ads on our Nest. Well now it appears we may be getting ads after all. I mean, that is Google’s primary source of revenue, over 90% of it. Google intends to serve ads on “refrigerators, car dashboards, thermostats, glasses, and watches, to name just a few possibilities.” According to a letter from Google to the SEC.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 21, 2014, 03:39:28 PM »
http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/05/google-begin-serving-ads-nest-thermostats-soon.html
Google to Begin Serving ads on Nest Thermostats Soon

According to the SEC, Google has informed them that they are planning to begin serving ads on Nest Thermostats. Google bought Nest a few months ago, and is their new in-house hardware partner, basically. Now when Google purchased Nest, we all began to joke around about seeing Google+ tie into Nest as well as seeing ads on our Nest. Well now it appears we may be getting ads after all. I mean, that is Google’s primary source of revenue, over 90% of it. Google intends to serve ads on “refrigerators, car dashboards, thermostats, glasses, and watches, to name just a few possibilities.” According to a letter from Google to the SEC.

Glad I never bought one.   That's BS, people who owned one before the buyout should be exempted - they didn't agree to that.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 21, 2014, 03:41:25 PM »
take it down a notch, CNeSt casey

Update: Google offered the following comment on the matter:

""We are in contact with the SEC to clarify the language in this 2013 filing, which does not reflect Google's product roadmap. Nest, which we acquired after this filing was made, does not have an ads-based model and has never had any such plans."

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 21, 2014, 03:45:51 PM »
Looks awesome but seems like there's a lot of wasted space with the way it is placed.

yeah, plus it's going to be a pain in the ass to clean around there.

No one but your maids will care about that.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 21, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
It looks like a gigantic sink and also sort of like a soap dish, but bigger of course (deeper too).  It just doesn't look like something that humans climb into to soak I guess is what it is. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 21, 2014, 04:05:38 PM »
It looks like a gigantic sink and also sort of like a soap dish, but bigger of course (deeper too).  It just doesn't look like something that humans climb into to soak I guess is what it is.

What else would humans be doing in there?  :eek:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 21, 2014, 04:20:13 PM »

""We are in contact with the SEC to clarify the language in this 2013 filing, which does not reflect Google's product roadmap. Nest, which we acquired after this filing was made, does not have an ads-based model and has never had any such plans."

Google intends to serve ads on “refrigerators, car dashboards, thermostats, glasses, and watches, to name just a few possibilities.” According to a letter from Google to the SEC.

I mean, it's possible that the SEC is misquoting Google, but that seems kinda weird.  :dunno:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 21, 2014, 04:26:53 PM »

Humans, nothing.  Giants?  A place to wash their hands or put their bars of soap. 

It doesn't look like it was designed for a human body to relax in.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 21, 2014, 04:52:57 PM »

Google intends to serve ads on “refrigerators, car dashboards, thermostats, glasses, and watches, to name just a few possibilities.” According to a letter from Google to the SEC.

I mean, it's possible that the SEC is misquoting Google, but that seems kinda weird.  :dunno:

also seems weird that you ignored what i posted but hey it's possible

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 21, 2014, 04:55:21 PM »
Yikes.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 21, 2014, 04:55:52 PM »

Humans, nothing.  Giants?  A place to wash their hands or put their bars of soap. 

ms tonyas sister in law gave birth to a child in one of those things except i think it had hot tub jets and maybe some other cool features. it was rented though. i assume steve daves is child birth free and owned.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: May 21, 2014, 04:57:22 PM »
Disgusting.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 22, 2014, 08:30:14 AM »

ms tonyas sister in law gave birth to a child in one of those things except i think it had hot tub jets and maybe some other cool features. it was rented though. i assume steve daves is child birth free and owned.

Did they have to clean it before returning to the rental place?  :runaway:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 22, 2014, 08:38:03 AM »
That thing is awkwardly awesome. I love it.
I hope they put a larger water supply line into that thing. If they didn't, tell them to change that crap out right now.
Did they use a larger water supply line? I think standard is 1/2 in. On larger baths, or lakes like that thing, they often install a 3/4 inch.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 22, 2014, 08:45:15 AM »
I hope they put a larger water supply line into that thing. If they didn't, tell them to change that crap out right now.
Did they use a larger water supply line? I think standard is 1/2 in. On larger baths, or lakes like that thing, they often install a 3/4 inch.

I asked our builder and he said we can adjust flow to it if we want. I'm going to fire it up and see how fast it fills up and then make them do it if needed.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 22, 2014, 08:47:39 AM »
We're moving in on the 29th whether it's all the way done or not. We've still got the exterior paint, sprinkler, sod, landscaping but that stuff can come after we're in. The only stuff we are waiting on inside is the electrician to finish up, touch up paint, cleaning, and punch list.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 22, 2014, 08:49:57 AM »
can we modify cws bingefest to be a world cup bingefest?  some of arsenal's players will be playing and stuff.

(i can pound busch light's and burn cartons of heaters with the help if you're worried about that interfering)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 22, 2014, 08:52:32 AM »
can we modify cws bingefest to be a world cup bingefest?  some of arsenal's players will be playing and stuff.

(i can pound busch light's and burn cartons of heaters with the help if you're worried about that interfering)

yes, confirmed

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 22, 2014, 09:19:00 AM »

I asked our builder and he said we can adjust flow to it if we want. I'm going to fire it up and see how fast it fills up and then make them do it if needed.

Builder for "turn your faucet all the way on".

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 22, 2014, 09:52:00 AM »

LOL, yeah, I was wondering myself how they plan to "adjust" the rough-in in a nearly completed home.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 22, 2014, 09:52:52 AM »

LOL, yeah, I was wondering myself how they plan to "adjust" the rough-in in a nearly completed home.

drag a garden hose to tub, turn on.  great part about that solution is that you can remove the hose when you're done filling the tub.