Author Topic: Sam Brownback  (Read 78895 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sam Brownback
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2015, 12:04:40 PM »
he either:

a)hates the crap out of gays and doesn't care who knows it
b)is too stupid to know how a move like this would look to the public

either way, he's a rough ridin' idiot

I think it's a. There is also a very large segment of the public that loves this move, especially in a state like Kansas.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2015, 01:12:06 PM »
Can someone recap what he's been doing? I hear a lot of ppl are pissed, but i'm too lazy to look into it. Just bullet points would be great. TIA.

Kathleen issued an executive order making LGBT people a protected class.

Brownback issued an executive order to repeal that executive order.

To my point above, the Sebelius EO did no such thing. The 14th amendment already took care of that. It was as stupid and innocuous as the order rescinding it.

There's a tremendous amount of ignorance on display today.

You're probably right to say they're both equally ineffective/innocuous, but man it's a huuuuuuuge stretch to say they're equally stupid.

Why? Each panders to approximately one-half of the constituency.  The support for "gay rights" nationwide is one of the things educated young people serially overestimate.  It's surprisingly bad.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2015, 01:31:43 PM »
While we're at it, are there any other "protected classes" we should create so it will be easier for state ees to bring frivolous suits in the (already extremely unlikely) event they are fired? Obese people? That may already be covered by the ADA. Lefties? Gingers? I mean really, I guess the gov can do whatever he/she wants by executive fiat. What would you like to add?

I think the homosexuals cover it for now. I'd just read the bible, though. Anyone who God hates in there that isn't already on the list should be on it.

For now? But what do you think we'll need next? Let's be forward thinking about this! Remember, it's just an EO away...

No, we just need to protect people who are actively discriminated against in their day to day lives at this time. It's also funny how you and governor Brownback claim that this should be handled by legislature and not executive order, yet Brownback created a new EO to make everyone other than homosexuals a protected class.

Oh ok - just "the people being actively discriminated against." That seems like a pretty ambiguous standard. How about single parents with kids? How about the homeless? I'm not just pulling these examples out of my ass, btw, these are ideas other liberal politicians have pulled out of their asses for the latest and greatest "protected classes." It all starts getting a little absurd at some point, and creates a more litigious atmosphere where everyone is aggrieved, everyone has been wrongfully fired, etc. Next, employers (especially the gov employers) set up unwritten quotas for these protected individuals to prove they aren't discriminating. It's all gotten a bit ridiculous.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2015, 01:42:08 PM »
Can someone recap what he's been doing? I hear a lot of ppl are pissed, but i'm too lazy to look into it. Just bullet points would be great. TIA.

Kathleen issued an executive order making LGBT people a protected class.

Brownback issued an executive order to repeal that executive order.

To my point above, the Sebelius EO did no such thing. The 14th amendment already took care of that. It was as stupid and innocuous as the order rescinding it.

There's a tremendous amount of ignorance on display today.

You're probably right to say they're both equally ineffective/innocuous, but man it's a huuuuuuuge stretch to say they're equally stupid.

Why? Each panders to approximately one-half of the constituency.  The support for "gay rights" nationwide is one of the things educated young people serially overestimate.  It's surprisingly bad.

I don't think Sam's base even cares about this even more. Even if they did, it makes him look like an bad person with zero apparent gain. Kathleen's may have been innocuous and done little to gain new voters, but it didn't generate much discussion because anyone opposed to it would also look like a huge bad person. Also it could make her more attractive as a figure in her party, while the GOP has pretty much given up the fight on discriminating gays. This order would definitely come back to haunt Sam if he was involved on any type of stage beyond the Kansas border. I'm sure there's plenty of other reasons, but those are just off the top of my head.

And I'd love to see your poll numbers on people overestimating "gay rights". Because even if people overestimate its support, everyone pretty much knows things like gay marriage are inevitable and have given up the fight. I mean Mormons don't even care if gays get married any more.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2015, 01:45:52 PM »
While we're at it, are there any other "protected classes" we should create so it will be easier for state ees to bring frivolous suits in the (already extremely unlikely) event they are fired? Obese people? That may already be covered by the ADA. Lefties? Gingers? I mean really, I guess the gov can do whatever he/she wants by executive fiat. What would you like to add?

I think the homosexuals cover it for now. I'd just read the bible, though. Anyone who God hates in there that isn't already on the list should be on it.

For now? But what do you think we'll need next? Let's be forward thinking about this! Remember, it's just an EO away...

No, we just need to protect people who are actively discriminated against in their day to day lives at this time. It's also funny how you and governor Brownback claim that this should be handled by legislature and not executive order, yet Brownback created a new EO to make everyone other than homosexuals a protected class.

Oh ok - just "the people being actively discriminated against." That seems like a pretty ambiguous standard. How about single parents with kids? How about the homeless? I'm not just pulling these examples out of my ass, btw, these are ideas other liberal politicians have pulled out of their asses for the latest and greatest "protected classes." It all starts getting a little absurd at some point, and creates a more litigious atmosphere where everyone is aggrieved, everyone has been wrongfully fired, etc. Next, employers (especially the gov employers) set up unwritten quotas for these protected individuals to prove they aren't discriminating. It's all gotten a bit ridiculous.

If people start firing people for being a single parent, then yeah, we should pass a law that says that's not a valid reason to fire somebody.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2015, 01:50:35 PM »
I think transgender is the next area that will deserve protection. Hopefully we get to the point that we won't need any.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2015, 02:00:25 PM »
I think transgender is the next area that will deserve protection. Hopefully we get to the point that we won't need any.

Transgender was covered until this new executive order.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2015, 02:17:53 PM »
It's adorable how sheltered the progressotards are regarding the popularity of their own views.

If it wasn't for the court system gay marriage would be legal in like 4 states, and outright forbidden in about 35. Homosexuality is wildly unpopular among the "changing demographics" they rely on to ram through the welfare state. Transgender is not the same thing as homosexuality,  yet they lump them in together because that's how Progressotards compartmentalize and project their bigotry.  It's the most disgusting kind of politics.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2015, 02:21:06 PM »
Interesting way to project bigotry...

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2015, 02:25:59 PM »
It's adorable how sheltered the progressotards are regarding the popularity of their own views.

If it wasn't for the court system gay marriage would be legal in like 4 states, and outright forbidden in about 35. Homosexuality is wildly unpopular among the "changing demographics" they rely on to ram through the welfare state. Transgender is not the same thing as homosexuality,  yet they lump them in together because that's how Progressotards compartmentalize and project their bigotry.  It's the most disgusting kind of politics.

FSD insultomatic machine, insert group you disagree with, chop off last syllable, replace with tard.  Perfect insult and description every time.

Also, what the eff is a transgender person, are there actually that many that this is an issue?  Does any one have any on the job experience with this? Some sales person in iowa at my mom's job got a sex change, and one of her male coworkers hit on "her" and they all got a good laugh about it. But I just can't imagine how weird the adjustment would be.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2015, 02:30:54 PM »
ugh, kansans

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2015, 02:35:08 PM »
Let's carve up the electorate into small but manageable groups and tell them all the other is out to get them. We'll just give them a bunch of crap until they're happy.

What about Transgender people, there's not enough of them to make a separate group?

Lump them in with the Queens, it's a sexual-y thing.

Great call boss.  Now what to do about all these different kinds of asians?

They make too much money to be bought, forget them.

We have like 10 different classes of citizens with ten different baskets of rights. All in the name of equality. How perverted.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2015, 02:40:17 PM »
Sam is the anti easter bunny.  Just snatching baskets.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2015, 02:43:59 PM »
Sam is the anti easter bunny.  Just snatching baskets.

Only for one group, though. You only get eggs if you fertilize them.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2015, 02:54:54 PM »
So how long would it take for legislators to pass a bill that deemed LGBT a protected class under state law? Is Brownback really all that much a stickler for legislative process?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2015, 02:57:23 PM »

I mean I suggested transgenders belonged in a separate group. Like, right before your post.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2015, 02:58:06 PM »
So how long would it take for legislators to pass a bill that deemed LGBT a protected class under state law? Is Brownback really all that much a stickler for legislative process?

It wouldn't take long at all of there was any interest in doing that. If Brownback were really a stickler for legislative process, he wouldn't have signed a new EO making everyone from the old EO a protected class except for LGBTs, though. That would be the legislature's job.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2015, 03:07:12 PM »
Sam knows his base

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2015, 03:11:42 PM »
It's so adorable when FSD gets mad

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2015, 03:19:31 PM »

It wouldn't take long at all of there was any interest in doing that. If Brownback were really a stickler for legislative process, he wouldn't have signed a new EO making everyone from the old EO a protected class except for LGBTs, though. That would be the legislature's job.

I think a purist (no clue as to Sam being as such) would do it like you described. I can definitely see him saying "well, this shouldn't have gone down in the first place, so I'm going to take it back, because I can."

What's the point of satisfying a base for him in the long run? I don't get that. I don't see how it helps in a Pres. run. Is he going to go back to Senatoring?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2015, 03:20:48 PM »

Sam, Kathleen and/or the legislature can't make lgbt a protected or unprotected class, you dolts. They are protected under the U.S. Constitution

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2015, 03:21:36 PM »

I mean I suggested transgenders belonged in a separate group. Like, right before your post.

I'm sure you now wished you had, bigot.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2015, 03:24:26 PM »

I think a purist (no clue as to Sam being as such) would do it like you described. I can definitely see him saying "well, this shouldn't have gone down in the first place, so I'm going to take it back, because I can."

What's the point of satisfying a base for him in the long run? I don't get that. I don't see how it helps in a Pres. run. Is he going to go back to Senatoring?

No, a purist would simply repeal the executive order. By creating a new EO to replace the one he repealed, with every group included except for LGBT, he is basically saying that he thinks the legislature should act to protect one group, but it's ok to protect the others by EO.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/politics/7/71/361167/kansas-gov-sam-brownback-rescinds-order-protecting-lgbt-workers

Brownback said Sebelius — a Democrat who went on to serve as President Barack Obama’s health secretary — acted “unilaterally” with her order and that any such changes should be made by the state Legislature.

Brownback, a vocal defender of a ban in the state constitution on same-sex marriage, issued a new order reaffirming the state’s commitment to prohibit discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender or religion.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2015, 03:52:49 PM »
What if the LGBT community started their own religion? Give Kansas a real "sophie's choice" between hating gays and freedom of religion.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2015, 04:32:15 PM »
I am no lawyer, but the two different law classes I had at Sam's alma matter both stated that sexual preference is not a protected class.  Has something changed since 2002?