Author Topic: EcoKat?  (Read 54483 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: EcoKat?
« Reply #300 on: September 02, 2011, 09:17:02 AM »
I'm sorry rusty, I hate our fans more.  

In this scenario only one of the two variables (fan reaction vs K-State reaction) can really be changed. The mentality of our fans is likely not one of them.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 02, 2011, 09:18:17 AM »
 I'm glad she's gone and everything, but the doubling down could have paid dividends, or it could have backfired. I'm kinda split on it now.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 02, 2011, 09:21:49 AM »

yeah, just saw those letters. My god.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 02, 2011, 09:25:20 AM »
I'm glad she's gone and everything, but the doubling down could have paid dividends, or it could have backfired. I'm kinda split on it now.

how could it have backfired? I mean seriously. Anyone who was considering KSU but stopped after they saw ecoKat would have stopped considering us eventually when they found out MHK didn't have a bus system.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 02, 2011, 09:27:26 AM »

In this scenario only one of the two variables (fan reaction vs K-State reaction) can really be changed. The mentality of our fans is likely not one of them.

I know, that makes me hate them even more

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 02, 2011, 09:29:02 AM »
that's only a few people.  it's pretty much impossible for very many people to be that stupid. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 02, 2011, 09:30:39 AM »

how could it have backfired? I mean seriously. Anyone who was considering KSU but stopped after they saw ecoKat would have stopped considering us eventually when they found out MHK didn't have a bus system.

No, the only people who hate ecokat are retards who are terrified of environmentalism and dumbasses who think she is a new football mascot. I'm sure closet homosexuals hate her, too. Those people don't ride the bus, anyway.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 02, 2011, 09:37:38 AM »
ks should make a video and say, "look, we tried to do something good and were ridiculed nationally, so we said, 'well, fine, we won't try to save the planet then,' and scrapped the whole idea."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 02, 2011, 09:39:25 AM »
Most of our fans would probably love a promotion where we gave away planet earth truck nuts to people who buy CFL light bulbs.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 02, 2011, 09:40:17 AM »
ks should make a video and say, "look, we tried to do something good and were ridiculed nationally, so we said, 'well, fine, we won't try to save the planet then,' and scrapped the whole idea."

Willie holding a sign that says "If saving the environment is bad, I don't want to be good."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 02, 2011, 09:41:04 AM »

hopefully they make it with very cheesy graphics and music

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 02, 2011, 10:05:38 AM »
If you want some ecokat T's, here you go.  I miss her as much as you guys do, so there's no markup.

http://www.cafepress.com/dlew56

BTW, thanks _fan.  .PNGs made a huge difference.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 02, 2011, 10:09:10 AM »
At least we can look forward to seeing ecokat in _33 and chunkles' future videos.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 02, 2011, 10:56:49 AM »
EcoKat was a giant line in the sand.  Unfortunately most of our stupid fanbase crossed over to the other side of that line.

RIP EcoKat

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 02, 2011, 11:01:26 AM »
the decision to remove EcoKat from the page was made due to the nature of the tweets and comments being made about her, adding that the recent scrutiny of EcoKat has detracted from her goal to promote K-State in the Take Charge Challenge ... she will lay low before the program is completely halted, and if she becomes a distraction to the institution, the program will be terminated.
http://www.kstatecollegian.com/news/ecokat-goes-viral-confusion-ensues-1.2618338

That article is pretty poorly researched.  They largely pulled the plug due to copyright infringement.  The e^2 logo is also used by Glenn Beck who obviously would not have given permission.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 02, 2011, 11:13:49 AM »
the decision to remove EcoKat from the page was made due to the nature of the tweets and comments being made about her, adding that the recent scrutiny of EcoKat has detracted from her goal to promote K-State in the Take Charge Challenge ... she will lay low before the program is completely halted, and if she becomes a distraction to the institution, the program will be terminated.
http://www.kstatecollegian.com/news/ecokat-goes-viral-confusion-ensues-1.2618338

That article is pretty poorly researched.  They largely pulled the plug due to copyright infringement.  The e^2 logo is also used by Glenn Beck who obviously would not have given permission.

didn't want anyway.  tc, fp, etc.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 02, 2011, 11:19:17 AM »
If you want some ecokat T's, here you go.  I miss her as much as you guys do, so there's no markup.

ordered  :thumbs:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 02, 2011, 11:31:29 AM »

I hate our fanbase so much.

If that's true, I don't hate the fans. I blame the jokers at the University that can't recognize an opportunity when it slaps them in their fat faces. They should have doubled down and capitalized on the publicity.

Exactly. Was EcoKat kinda dorky and childish? Yeah. Was it a viral goldmine? Hell yeah.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 02, 2011, 11:35:31 AM »

ordered  :thumbs:

+1

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 02, 2011, 12:00:35 PM »

I hate our fanbase so much.

If that's true, I don't hate the fans. I blame the jokers at the University that can't recognize an opportunity when it slaps them in their fat faces. They should have doubled down and capitalized on the publicity.

Exactly. Was EcoKat kinda dorky and childish? Yeah. Was it a viral goldmine? Hell yeah.

All they had to do was keep it campy but make it obviously INTENTIONAL. Maybe it didn't start out that way, but it would have been gold to make a series of EcoKat commercials. She could have been a true cult figure, and pulling it makes it look like a mistake. Dipshits.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 02, 2011, 12:04:43 PM »

I'm a little dubious about this Glenn Beck claim. e^2 is like a freaking universal math thing.

Also, could we somehow make it seem that a contingent as large as the anti-ecoKat clowns is appalled at the thought of LHC Bill Snyder coaching another game at KSU? Do you think we could use this to get him fired or something?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 02, 2011, 12:10:33 PM »
All they had to do was keep it campy but make it obviously INTENTIONAL. Maybe it didn't start out that way, but it would have been gold to make a series of EcoKat commercials. She could have been a true cult figure, and pulling it makes it look like a mistake. Dipshits.

It would seem they did, at least to a point. This would indicate they had to know it would have a bit of a weird reaction, though they may have been naive enough to think more of our fans would "get it". Plus it appears they way overestimated what including Willie would bring to the idea.

"We didn't want to go over the top with it, so that's when Willie was brought in as her muscle. She's the brain and Willie's her back up," Lauer said. "It has the same feel as the Terry Tate series, but it was different enough with the EcoEnforcers spin that it gained its own sense of identity."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 02, 2011, 12:12:43 PM »
shocking that our truck nut fanbase couldn't appreciate that

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 02, 2011, 01:04:38 PM »
"We didn't want to go over the top with it, so that's when Willie was brought in as her muscle. She's the brain and Willie's her back up," Lauer said. "It has the same feel as the Terry Tate series, but it was different enough with the EcoEnforcers spin that it gained its own sense of identity."

:facepalm: Brains and muscle are not mutually exclusive, JFC.  Apparently their superhero brainstorming sessions didn't involve much superhero discussion. 

Offline BleedingPurple7

• Fan
  • The nearest exit may be behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 02, 2011, 05:29:08 PM »
If only they would have implemented the power towel with EcoKat. That would have been a freaking home run