Author Topic: EcoKat?  (Read 54250 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: EcoKat?
« Reply #275 on: September 01, 2011, 09:54:24 AM »
(super)Human EcoKat on the front, EcoPakHead on the back; goEMAW.com somewhere on it.
This can happen.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline globby

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 01, 2011, 01:07:42 PM »
mycotoxins.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 01, 2011, 01:56:09 PM »
oh crap!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 01, 2011, 01:58:10 PM »
Wow we are just dominating that scroll board.

Even Globby ponied up!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 01, 2011, 02:00:12 PM »
We've saved more money than Lawrence now, but it still says they're in 1st place.

Rumblings that this may be rigged...

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 01, 2011, 02:01:46 PM »
Mods please move previous two posts to other ecokat thread.
TY
Dlew

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 01, 2011, 02:02:27 PM »
done

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 01, 2011, 03:14:50 PM »
The enemy has won a battle, the war rages on.  #teamecokat take arms we must fight  :comeatme:
http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/responsible-living/stories/meet-ecokat-the-eco-enforcing-kansas-state-university-mascot

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 01, 2011, 03:17:49 PM »
K-State president Kirk Schulz (who looks kind of like Clark Kent) also chimed in on Wednesday.

lol
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 01, 2011, 04:28:36 PM »
Will EcoKat be at the Purple Power Play On Poyntz???    :love:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 01, 2011, 07:02:22 PM »

The university is completely hiding the fact that this ever happened. Shultzy probably shipped the girl who played EcoKat across the country somewhere. The videos don't work anymore. The announcements have been retracted. EkoKat won't be at power play. EcoKat won't take down a colonel at midfield on Saturday. I'm pretty bummed. We need to make these shirts in her memory.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 01, 2011, 07:36:42 PM »

The university is completely hiding the fact that this ever happened. Shultzy probably shipped the girl who played EcoKat across the country somewhere. The videos don't work anymore. The announcements have been retracted. EkoKat won't be at power play. EcoKat won't take down a colonel at midfield on Saturday. I'm pretty bummed. We need to make these shirts in her memory.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 01, 2011, 07:38:48 PM »
I mean "make" as in "get designed on cafe press so we can buy them". But I love the design*.

*would love slightly more with a goEMAW mention somewhere

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 01, 2011, 07:45:06 PM »
I hope she moaps.  She's kind of like a rebel mascot, right?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2011, 01:17:54 AM »
the decision to remove EcoKat from the page was made due to the nature of the tweets and comments being made about her, adding that the recent scrutiny of EcoKat has detracted from her goal to promote K-State in the Take Charge Challenge ... she will lay low before the program is completely halted, and if she becomes a distraction to the institution, the program will be terminated.
http://www.kstatecollegian.com/news/ecokat-goes-viral-confusion-ensues-1.2618338

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 02, 2011, 01:37:50 AM »
the decision to remove EcoKat from the page was made due to the nature of the tweets and comments being made about her, adding that the recent scrutiny of EcoKat has detracted from her goal to promote K-State in the Take Charge Challenge ... she will lay low before the program is completely halted, and if she becomes a distraction to the institution, the program will be terminated.
http://www.kstatecollegian.com/news/ecokat-goes-viral-confusion-ensues-1.2618338

:lol: :lol:  jfc.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 02, 2011, 01:39:25 AM »
I already miss her.   :frown:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 02, 2011, 08:44:57 AM »

I hate our fanbase so much.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 02, 2011, 08:51:12 AM »

If that's true, I don't hate the fans. I blame the jokers at the University that can't recognize an opportunity when it slaps them in their fat faces. They should have doubled down and capitalized on the publicity.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 02, 2011, 08:55:39 AM »
If that's true, I don't hate the fans. I blame the jokers at the University that can't recognize an opportunity when it slaps them in their fat faces. They should have doubled down and capitalized on the publicity.

This. To not expect some negative reaction to the release of EcoKat was really dumb. But when you have multiple national sites talking about it (even if it is somewhat negative), turn it around and use it, don't just pull the plug.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 02, 2011, 08:57:11 AM »

Quote from: visionary k-state president
I'm hopeful that within a few days, things will have calmed down, it won't be nationally newsworthy
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 02, 2011, 09:07:10 AM »
when you have tucks bombarding the school with emails like this...she didn't stand a chance.

Casey,

I am not mad. I am a Stater and I cannot be mad at a fellow Stater.
 I am just asking you to take a hard look at this Ekocat and think about it. Please for the love of our University. If you end it now, you can do damage control. This is not 1980.
 I live in Kansas City Casey. My pride is wearing a K State shirt all over town and representing our school. I am embarrassed to do this right now. Right before football season.
 Look, don't worry about it, just stop the bleeding. Please. I beg you. Trust me, we all beg you. Thanks

Katie,

That is not going to do it for me I am sorry. I know that was a nice way of saying "look we know it was a horrible idea and the entire nation has commented on it and it was #8 in twitter buzz so please just let us keep our pride and it will end in a month".

That will not work I am sorry. It is all over. Cut the arm off now, take your loss and stop the bleeding. You have that power. I promise I will buy nicer light bulbs or whatever your trying to do.
So please, I beg you, put down the hummus (I love hummus), hop into your smart car (I actually want to get one), and end this thing. YOU have the power Captain Katie........Please for the love of god.....
Here is the deal katie...If this does not end, I am going to form a group. It will be a large group Katie...The entire month of September we will meet at loose park in Kansas City for 2 hours after work from 6 to 8. This group will be dedicated to spraying hairspray into the air and snapping Styrofoam...
 Our name will be called Exocat...."Destroyers of the ozone"....we will be Ekocat's alter ego.....and it will be associated to you...

The power is in your hands....I have people on my side on this.
Respectfully,

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 02, 2011, 09:08:40 AM »
I'm sorry rusty, I hate our fans more. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 02, 2011, 09:15:04 AM »
I'm sorry rusty, I hate our fans more.

I don't see a need to choose.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 02, 2011, 09:15:47 AM »
when you have tucks bombarding the school with emails like this...she didn't stand a chance.

Casey,

I am not mad. I am a Stater and I cannot be mad at a fellow Stater.
 I am just asking you to take a hard look at this Ekocat and think about it. Please for the love of our University. If you end it now, you can do damage control. This is not 1980.
 I live in Kansas City Casey. My pride is wearing a K State shirt all over town and representing our school. I am embarrassed to do this right now. Right before football season.
 Look, don't worry about it, just stop the bleeding. Please. I beg you. Trust me, we all beg you. Thanks

Katie,

That is not going to do it for me I am sorry. I know that was a nice way of saying "look we know it was a horrible idea and the entire nation has commented on it and it was #8 in twitter buzz so please just let us keep our pride and it will end in a month".

That will not work I am sorry. It is all over. Cut the arm off now, take your loss and stop the bleeding. You have that power. I promise I will buy nicer light bulbs or whatever your trying to do.
So please, I beg you, put down the hummus (I love hummus), hop into your smart car (I actually want to get one), and end this thing. YOU have the power Captain Katie........Please for the love of god.....
Here is the deal katie...If this does not end, I am going to form a group. It will be a large group Katie...The entire month of September we will meet at loose park in Kansas City for 2 hours after work from 6 to 8. This group will be dedicated to spraying hairspray into the air and snapping Styrofoam...
 Our name will be called Exocat...."Destroyers of the ozone"....we will be Ekocat's alter ego.....and it will be associated to you...

The power is in your hands....I have people on my side on this.
Respectfully,

Those letters should be forwarded to Schulz. Whoever wrote them should get the same ban from K-State that Weiser gave Dax.