Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1521945 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS KINGDOM, REID DAWN RISING, SEA OF RED, ARROWHEAD PRIDE
« Reply #5875 on: July 21, 2014, 03:00:00 PM »
I don't defend them. I just think they're getting unfair treatment since they haven't even played a game this year. I'm more than pissed that we've done nothing at the wide receiver position. I mean, good grief, Alex Smith was our second leading rusher last year cause the liine can't hold a block and there's no one to throw it to. I had fun last year and I'm not going to start bitching before teh season starts cause "Alex Smith is our qb and he's not a top 10 QB."  :jerk:

If the fanbase and team had the attitude towards Alex that he deserves I wouldn't complain. I don't complain about oscar Chen because I know how the Royals view oscar Chen. He's a bandaid. The beef with the team is they have this attitude like "We've arrived at QB now lets backfill the roster" when their attitude needs to be one of "Let's play this season with the QB and then go look for one who can win a Super Bowl." Its a weak minded, shoot for 10 wins and cross your fingers type of mentality.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: July 21, 2014, 03:21:01 PM »
Len Dawson is the last and only qb in franchise history that could carry a team to a super bowl and deserved to be built around. That was a half century ago.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: July 21, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »
Len Dawson is the last and only qb in franchise history that could carry a team to a super bowl and deserved to be built around. That was a half century ago.

Rich Gannon, too.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: July 21, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »

we didn't draft him so he doesn't even count

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: July 21, 2014, 04:05:34 PM »
The Chiefs also did the peyton manning thing with Joe Montana. We had some pretty nice runs with that formula until his injury in the AFC Championship game.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5880 on: July 21, 2014, 04:37:11 PM »
did someone really say the royals are closer to the WS than the chiefs are to the SB? :facepalm:

I will say that both organizations have been a joke....
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: July 21, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
The Chiefs also did the peyton manning thing with Joe Montana. We had some pretty nice runs with that formula until his injury in the AFC Championship game.

That's true. But he was a HOF'er and they had an elite D in those days. I mean, the Cardinals got there on Kurt Warner's arm after the Giants had dumped him, so the cast of route has worked, but its the exception and it takes a pretty studly stud.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: July 21, 2014, 04:58:40 PM »
Who let Pipe in here?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: July 21, 2014, 05:01:53 PM »

That's true. But he was a HOF'er and they had an elite D in those days. I mean, the Cardinals got there on Kurt Warner's arm after the Giants had dumped him, so the cast of route has worked, but its the exception and it takes a pretty studly stud.
I loved those teams. I mean, like, absolutely fell in "notebook" love with them.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: July 21, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »
Wacky I had a "Hail to the Chief" Joe Montana poster on my closet door, a Neil Smith Jersey, a DT58 (RIP) jersey, a 19 Montana Jersey, a pull over starter jacket, shark tooth hat, the whole ensemble. I loved those Chiefs with all my heart.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: July 21, 2014, 05:09:30 PM »
Let's take a look at the potential roster. I feel better about the Tight end position this year and we're going to need them to stay healthy in this type of offense. Can Hemmingway breakout? It's quite the gamble, but we need a #3 receiver, cause we pretty much have a two #2's with Avery and Bowe.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/KC

Also, I get that the schedule looks harder, but we thought that last year too. I also don't think this is the New England of old that everyone is use to. We're extremly mumped aganst Seattle, 49ers, and the Broncos, but I like our chances everywhere else.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: July 21, 2014, 05:12:16 PM »
Wacky I had a "Hail to the Chief" Joe Montana poster on my closet door, a Neil Smith Jersey, a DT58 (RIP) jersey, a 19 Montana Jersey, a pull over starter jacket, shark tooth hat, the whole ensemble. I loved those Chiefs with all my heart.
:love: I have a joe montana jersey and two autographs from him. One of those was a specialized NFL playing card for his Monday night victory at denver in the final seconds. It was a gold card edition. My friend back in the day mailed it to him and he signed it and mailed it to me. It was his gift to me since I moved away from him and we were bff's growing up. It was nice of him, cause my buddy was a bronco fan.  :D

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: July 21, 2014, 05:50:27 PM »
:love: I have a joe montana jersey and two autographs from him. One of those was a specialized NFL playing card for his Monday night victory at denver in the final seconds. It was a gold card edition. My friend back in the day mailed it to him and he signed it and mailed it to me. It was his gift to me since I moved away from him and we were bff's growing up. It was nice of him, cause my buddy was a bronco fan.  :D

So, you gave him rejection and he gave you an autographed Joe Montana card in arrears? Are you sure this guy wasn't a cowboy fan?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: July 21, 2014, 05:55:05 PM »

So, you gave him rejection and he gave you an autographed Joe Montana card in arrears? Are you sure this guy wasn't a cowboy fan?
Maybe.  :D

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: July 21, 2014, 07:02:35 PM »
did someone really say the royals are closer to the WS than the chiefs are to the SB? :facepalm:

I will say that both organizations have been a joke....

it's true.  they could go buy one or two players right now (but cheap owners) and fluke their way into the ws much easier than the chiefs can get to the superbowl.  nfl salary cap is much harder to deal with.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline LilSmokyMcIntyre

• Fan
  • The (wo)man the myth the legend
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/#!/HotDogsKC
« Reply #5890 on: July 21, 2014, 08:53:57 PM »

I did that too with the joe Montana autographs! I have two! I thought all NFLers were as studly as Joe so I tried it with Drew Bledsoe. That rough rider never sent it back and I've hated him ever since. He really ruined the patriots for me.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: July 21, 2014, 10:56:40 PM »

Rich Gannon, too.

rich was good. he and charlie garner were a hell of a combo in oakland. the chiefs wouldn't have used him the way he needed to be used though. they would have forced him to hand off to bam morris and crap.

1993 season:
games played - 11
yards - 2,144
td's - 13
int's - 7

11-5 record, wild card berth. ass kicking in the afc championship (down 20-6 in the 3rd quarter when joe went down).

yeah. that was real peyton with the broncosesque there, wacky.

1994 season:
games played - 14
yards - 3,283
td's - 16
int's - 9

9-7 record, wild card berth, ass kicking in the wild card round.

i know it was beyond your wildest dreams to have JOE MONTANA OMG as your quarterback. but joe was a shell of his former self in kc.

"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: July 21, 2014, 11:01:22 PM »

we didn't draft him so he doesn't even count

i'd be thrilled with signing a young stud free agent or trading for a young stud like lenny or drew brees. but there is a reason that those guys hardly ever get traded or released.. i'm beyond tired of signing about to turn 30 maybe marginally above average dorks.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: July 21, 2014, 11:09:11 PM »

Rich Gannon, too.

rich was good. he and charlie garner were a hell of a combo in oakland. the chiefs wouldn't have used him the way he needed to be used though. they would have forced him to hand off to bam morris and crap.

1993 season:
games played - 11
yards - 2,144
td's - 13
int's - 7

11-5 record, wild card berth. ass kicking in the afc championship (down 20-6 in the 3rd quarter when joe went down).

yeah. that was real peyton with the broncosesque there, wacky.

1994 season:
games played - 14
yards - 3,283
td's - 16
int's - 9

9-7 record, wild card berth, ass kicking in the wild card round.

i know it was beyond your wildest dreams to have JOE MONTANA OMG as your quarterback. but joe was a shell of his former self in kc.

The 93 Oilers were supposed to win it all and he went down there and won shoving it in their stupid faces. Joe did some good things. Just because he's not peyton and you have a permanent Elway boner doesn't mean you have to tear down Joe.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: July 21, 2014, 11:21:50 PM »
i didn't tear him down. the fact is, he missed 5 games. barely threw for over 2,000 yards and a baker's dozen td's. peyton threw more td's by halftime of week 3 last year.

joe was frail and maybe 70 percent of the player that he had been in san fran. that's reality. he still had some magic in him, and beat an overrated and completely dysfunctional oilers team (though still much better than kc) and it was great. the city was as happy as its ever been. but in hindsight, it wasn't much of a run or team, not really. not to mention, no afc team had a chance in hell against the cowboys. the 93 oilers would have gotten run out of the stadium just as convincingly as the bills did.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5895 on: July 21, 2014, 11:25:23 PM »
i didn't tear him down. the fact is, he missed 5 games. barely threw for over 2,000 yards and a baker's dozen td's. peyton threw more td's by halftime of week 3 last year.

joe was frail and maybe 70 percent of the player that he had been in san fran. that's reality. he still had some magic in him, and beat an overrated and completely dysfunctional oilers team (though still much better than kc) and it was great. the city was as happy as its ever been. but in hindsight, it wasn't much of a run or team, not really. not to mention, no afc team had a chance in hell against the cowboys. the 93 oilers would have gotten run out of the stadium just as convincingly as the bills did.

Yeah comparing him to Peyton in Denver is idiotic.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: July 22, 2014, 09:28:49 AM »
I think we can all agree football was played a bit differently back then vs now. There was no need for Montana to attempt 50 passes in a game like Peyton goes after weekly.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: July 22, 2014, 10:19:55 AM »
I think we can all agree football was played a bit differently back then vs now. There was no need for Montana to attempt 50 passes in a game like Peyton goes after weekly.

If there is one thing I think we can all agree on its that you're an idiot who understands very little about what it takes for a team to be successful in professional sports.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: July 22, 2014, 10:53:54 AM »
Let's take a look at the potential roster. I feel better about the Tight end position this year and we're going to need them to stay healthy in this type of offense. Can Hemmingway breakout? It's quite the gamble, but we need a #3 receiver, cause we pretty much have a two #2's with Avery and Bowe.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/KC

Also, I get that the schedule looks harder, but we thought that last year too. I also don't think this is the New England of old that everyone is use to. We're extremly mumped aganst Seattle, 49ers, and the Broncos, but I like our chances everywhere else.

hemingway is complete garbage. he will never break out. accept that now. avery is not a #2 receiver. he's barely capable of staying off the practice squad. bowe is a legit possession receiver. he is however, being paid as one of the 5 best receivers in all of football.

the schedule did not look hard last year. the nfc east is always dysfunctional. the eagles, boys, giants and skins give away a crap ton of games every year. just like they did again last year. new england has rebuilt their defense fanning. do you not pay attention? they will eat our lunch. as will almost everyone else on our schedule.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: July 22, 2014, 10:59:48 AM »
Is Johnnie Morton a Chief or Lion? It's been eating me up all morning.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.