Author Topic: Google Maps  (Read 5921 times)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Google Maps
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 03:03:48 PM »
@mikec2w

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 03:11:20 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 03:14:32 PM »

Online tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 03:54:55 PM »
Jut learned the other day that you can street view Sunzet Zoo.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 04:00:09 PM »
i started a Google Maps Club of Greater Kansas City about a year and a half ago.  we meet once a month on saturday's at 8:00 am in the basement of a local church.  there are 75 of us now.  our meetings go for 24 hours.  we spend the time feverishly examining different interesting things found on Google Maps like odd rock formations, or streets of cities that no one has been to.  during one meeting we drove from LA to NYC via streetview, we had to keep switching out the person tasked with clicking forward when their fingers would get tired.  we love Google Maps.  i even made a t-shirt that says "Google Maps" on the front, then has my last name printed on the back, right above my Google Maps Club Team number (#24).  it's a blue short sleeve.  i'll usually  break the club up into 8-10 man teams who are then tasked with finding the most interesting Google Map anomaly; we vote to see who the winner is.  usually it's like a glitch where maybe Google Maps says there's an island there, but there's no island, or maybe it's a fight occuring on the sidewalk that someone finds when searching streetview.  this month i'm going to surprise the club, dip into our treasury coffers, and order pizza hut. can not wait to see the looks on the club members' faces when the pizza hut guy shows up with 15 larges in tow and all the pepsi we can drink.  pm for more details.

:dubious:

Online tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 04:16:29 PM »
Can also walk around the field of BSFS

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 10:18:46 PM »

my grandpa cruising down main street at the spry age of 97.  :driving:  he was headed for his morning coffee.  he used to take a horse and buggy to school.  can't even imagine what was going through his head when he saw that google car.   :surprised:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 12:14:48 AM »
i started a Google Maps Club of Greater Kansas City about a year and a half ago.  we meet once a month on saturday's at 8:00 am in the basement of a local church.  there are 75 of us now.  our meetings go for 24 hours.  we spend the time feverishly examining different interesting things found on Google Maps like odd rock formations, or streets of cities that no one has been to.  during one meeting we drove from LA to NYC via streetview, we had to keep switching out the person tasked with clicking forward when their fingers would get tired.  we love Google Maps.  i even made a t-shirt that says "Google Maps" on the front, then has my last name printed on the back, right above my Google Maps Club Team number (#24).  it's a blue short sleeve.  i'll usually  break the club up into 8-10 man teams who are then tasked with finding the most interesting Google Map anomaly; we vote to see who the winner is.  usually it's like a glitch where maybe Google Maps says there's an island there, but there's no island, or maybe it's a fight occuring on the sidewalk that someone finds when searching streetview.  this month i'm going to surprise the club, dip into our treasury coffers, and order pizza hut. can not wait to see the looks on the club members' faces when the pizza hut guy shows up with 15 larges in tow and all the pepsi we can drink.  pm for more details.

This may be one of the most amazing clubs I've ever heard of. The educational benefits must be awesome. Club gear and competition are certainly essential elements of its success. But Pizza Hut? No better pizza providers in your area? Not meaning to start a new pizza sub-thread here, of course. Just sayin'

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 12:17:30 AM »

Thank god I didn't view this while at work, I just made a really weird shrieking noise while laughing.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 06:49:40 AM »

:horrorsurprise:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2013, 06:51:41 AM »

:surprised:

the thousands of rectangular fields north of this (zoomed out) are rough ridin' weird too.  i guess canadians don't know about center pivot irrigation.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:04:04 AM by seven »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2013, 06:54:46 AM »

:sdeek:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 07:22:49 AM »

I want to open up a Dallas chapter.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2013, 10:01:46 AM »

I want to open up a Dallas chapter.

let's chat!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2013, 10:09:06 AM »

What's so weird about this one? They're making submarines.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 10:11:54 AM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 10:19:58 AM »
seven's application to the Google Maps Club of Greater Kansas City has been denied

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 10:21:05 AM »

:surprised:

the thousands of rectangular fields north of this (zoomed out) are rough ridin' weird too.  i guess canadians don't know about center pivot irrigation.

It's like 99% dry land ag up there.  They might irrigate some hay (alfalfa) fields next to rivers but that's about it.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013, 04:23:16 PM »

I have seen the horse head somewhere before just can't put my finger on it. on second thought maybe it was Jesse Jackson.

Offline TheKatsofWar

• Fan
  • It's ok I'm a limo driver!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013, 04:41:47 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013, 04:55:20 PM »

I have seen the horse head somewhere before just can't put my finger on it. on second thought maybe it was Jesse Jackson.

i think steve dave might have just google mapped my neighborhood because i've seen that horse around

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2013, 04:55:46 PM »

i think steve dave might have just google mapped my neighborhood because i've seen that horse around
:lol:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2013, 05:45:48 PM »

What's so weird about this one? They're making submarines.

it's not weird, it's cool!