Author Topic: Are you ready.....  (Read 13819 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Are you ready.....
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2010, 01:17:53 PM »

Holy feces, did they really fire that cannon/machine gun when the team came out of the tunnel?  Is this on video anywhere? 
Yes, they did.

I think they should merge Harley day with Armed Forces day and set the gun off directly into the bike entrance at the first sound of muffler-less retards.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2010, 01:48:37 PM »
Folks, let's not overlook the most important factor, "Born to be Wild" just gives the crowd chills.

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2010, 02:21:53 PM »
Harley Day is pretty cool....except for the part where my ears ring afterward.  They do need Harley Sponsorship.  New video board or something for doing Harley Day for the past XX years.

if we had a harley advertisement at BSFS you people would just bitch more

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2010, 02:23:29 PM »
True.  Is there some way we can get them to pay us without us having to put up a Harley ad or have Harley Day?  pm with info.  tia.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2010, 02:25:12 PM »

Holy feces, did they really fire that cannon/machine gun when the team came out of the tunnel?  Is this on video anywhere? 
Yes, they did.

Then there is no reason Willie can't be on the trigger for it at this years Ft. Riley Day.  Can someone 'shop (or MSPaint) Willie's head on the the pic above?  TIA

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2010, 02:27:57 PM »
True.  Is there some way we can get them to pay us without us having to put up a Harley ad or have Harley Day?  pm with info.  tia.

would you trade having a harley ad on the field of BSFS with taking the briggs logo off the OOD court?  i sure as crap would

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2010, 02:29:48 PM »

would you trade having a harley ad on the field of BSFS with taking the briggs logo off the OOD court?  i sure as feces would

QFT
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2010, 02:31:02 PM »

would you trade having a harley ad on the field of BSFS with taking the briggs logo off the OOD court?  i sure as crap would

Not a chance.  K-StateCars.com?  That crap looks purty on the court.   :peek: :party:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2010, 03:16:35 PM »

Holy crap, did they really fire that cannon/machine gun when the team came out of the tunnel?  Is this on video anywhere? 
Yes, they did.
I was right next to one when they were firing...they picked up all the shells when they were done though.  :frown:

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2010, 03:27:18 PM »

Holy crap, did they really fire that cannon/machine gun when the team came out of the tunnel?  Is this on video anywhere? 
Yes, they did.
I was right next to one when they were firing...they picked up all the shells when they were done though.  :frown:

Just to clarify because the misnomer bugs the living crap out of me, that is neither a cannon nor is it mounted on a tank.  That is an M2 .50 caliber machine gun with a blank firing adapter, mounted on an up-armored Hummvee. 

I will say though, that the combo of this image and the paint splatter truly makes the KSTATEO poster amazing.
3021  RIP

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2010, 03:39:43 PM »
So what kind of cannon is that???  It looks to be mounted on a tank.  Can anyone confirm?

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2010, 03:45:18 PM »
So what kind of cannon is that???  It looks to be mounted on a tank.  Can anyone confirm?

Looks to be modified Abrams with an army guy on top.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2010, 04:16:28 PM »

Looks to be modified Abrams with an army guy on top.
I can confirm that it is a fully automatic 50 caliber cannon mounted on a treadless tank.

Online jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2010, 09:51:27 PM »
Don't know. Scary that they are firing live rounds in the LHC Bill Snyder Family Fun Zone though :ohnoes:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2010, 10:01:24 PM »
I like Harley day and I DEFINITELY like that cadet firing that bazooka up on that jeep.

Offline MidnightOil82

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2010, 10:07:15 PM »
Harley's have gotta be better than...can you imagine Traeger Grill Day?      Might take an hour pushing them around the field....

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2010, 11:51:01 PM »
I like Harley day and I DEFINITELY like that cadet firing that bazooka up on that jeep.

I'm having the bazooka installed on mine tomorrow afternoon just before we leave.  I'll let you fire the opening rounds at the tailgate.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2010, 11:59:43 PM »
Harley's have gotta be better than...can you imagine Traeger Grill Day?      Might take an hour pushing them around the field....

wut

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2010, 11:59:59 PM »

I'm having the bazooka installed on mine tomorrow afternoon just before we leave.  I'll let you fire the opening rounds at the tailgate.

No foolin?   :excited:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2010, 12:01:12 AM »

No foolin?   :excited:

You have to bring your own army helmet.  Mine's custom fitted.

Offline kst8catfan

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2010, 09:26:35 AM »
Usually can't here much going on outside the glass on the fourth floor, but that weapon got EVERYBODY'S attention when the fired it off....really rattled the windows.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2010, 10:29:53 AM »

Let me guess...you also like, in no particular order:

- "Pork rinds"

- Nascar

- old episodes of "Hee-Haw"

- Overalls

Pork rinds are okay after a couple of beers.  Nascar is fracking Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and I've never seen HeeHaw.  If you really want to know a little about me, I shoot weddings on the side and work full time as a production artist.  I've also defended you in the past from people that talk feces on you. 

But anyway, If any of you actually paid attention, you would realize that other schools make fun of Harley day as being a red-neck thing because we are in the middle of fracking Kansas.  We're redneck to everyone for any reason.  Wouldn't matter if we turned Harley day into fracking going green al gore appreciation day and showed clips of michael moore at half time.  We'd still be a bunch of dumb rednecks with our white trash "going green game"   Grow some fracking balls, quite whining about people thinking you're white trash and accept yourself for what you are.   We live in Kansas, We like the fact that everyone thinks it's lame because part of it's charm is the lack of trendy left wing douche bags running around in electric cars and lowering their carbon footprint.   We are genuine people that are liked once people get to know us and we don't give a feces if you don't like us.   We also like loud obnoxious noises coming from shiny objects that our mascot can ride on.  So go shazbot! yourself.

Harley day would rock feces and everyone here would be envious if USC did it.

You're a good poster except for anything related to Harley Day. 

Harley Day is way more embarrassing than Power Towels and Willie Chants.
WRONG!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2010, 10:33:12 AM »
Usually can't here much going on outside the glass on the fourth floor, but that weapon got EVERYBODY'S attention when the fired it off....really rattled the windows.

Ooh look at me, I sit in the press box.

Offline kst8catfan

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2010, 10:52:17 AM »
Yup....right next to Fitz

Online jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2010, 02:37:35 PM »
Yup....right next to Fitz
We sit outside and get to smell hot dogs. You sit inside next to people who smell like hot dogs.