Author Topic: 2010 Recruiting Thread  (Read 116051 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2010, 12:50:36 AM »
what's the dpete deal? 0%? more?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 14, 2010, 07:05:31 AM »
Getting Nino now would be fine, I doubt we'll find better now.  Getting a kid we had targeted for next year while allowing us to focus on the 11 class.  Unfortunately, we have to wait until June to know for sure, I suppose it will come down to if we're willing to risk that and perhaps have to hold that 'ship until next year if he doesn't make it.

i think the approach is the opposite.  recruit now for a 2010 guard that can contribute next year (or an impact transfer).  if you don't find anyone, then your backup plan is to bring williams in a year early (to redshirt?  can't think he'd get minutes).  he can still go prep if he either doesn't qualify, or kstate has an option more likely to contribute next year (or an impact transfer).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 14, 2010, 07:11:47 AM »
Getting Nino now would be fine, I doubt we'll find better now.  Getting a kid we had targeted for next year while allowing us to focus on the 11 class.  Unfortunately, we have to wait until June to know for sure, I suppose it will come down to if we're willing to risk that and perhaps have to hold that 'ship until next year if he doesn't make it.

i think the approach is the opposite.  recruit now for a 2010 guard that can contribute next year (or an impact transfer).  if you don't find anyone, then your backup plan is to bring williams in a year early (to redshirt?  can't think he'd get minutes).  he can still go prep if he either doesn't qualify, or kstate has an option more likely to contribute next year (or an impact transfer).

what really happens is we tell Nino to "hang on", recruit Martavious Gilberwaji for the guard, have Nino blow up over the summer, decommit from KSU and end up at Mizzou.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 14, 2010, 07:14:04 AM »

what really happens is we tell Nino to "hang on", recruit Martavious Gilberwaji for the guard, have Nino blow up over the summer, decommit from KSU and end up at Mizzou.

This is kinda a concern of mine.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 14, 2010, 07:18:34 AM »
he could blow up, decommit and go to mu now, without having qualified.  why the additional level of worry?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 14, 2010, 07:21:24 AM »
he could blow up, decommit and go to mu now, without having qualified.  why the additional level of worry?

I would guess he's more likely to decommit if we tell him we don't want him this year because we need Abdul Herrerra.  (this is assuming he qualifies, of course)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 14, 2010, 07:28:43 AM »
didn't sound like it from the rivals article.  suther will keep him emaw.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 14, 2010, 07:58:52 AM »

Good point, rereading the article this does sound like the case.  It does allow them to be a bit more selective with this last scholarship.  And hopefully we'll get some sort of information soon, the late signing period does start today.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 14, 2010, 11:14:24 AM »
khyle marshall is going to butler.

i know it isn't new or anything.  just that the last time i though about him, it was like "marshall to random midwest midmajor instead of kstate" and now it just clicked that he's going to the same team that beat kstate in the elite 8.  kinda fun to think about.

here's a couple recent miami herald links on marshall:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/03/1562162/flanagan-forward-khyle-marshall.html
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/10/1573123/butler-recruit-khyle-marshall.html

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 14, 2010, 03:39:15 PM »
from gpc's underdog wc, tony smith to ecu.

http://www.scoutsfocus.com/pg2cusa.html

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 14, 2010, 06:54:28 PM »
From super elite insidery type:  A recruit is coming to town Saturday and Frank is acting like it's a really big deal.  Don't know if it is this thread or 2011 but seems like it may be to fill the last spot. 

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 14, 2010, 06:57:09 PM »
From super elite insidery type:  A recruit is coming to town Saturday and Frank is acting like it's a really big deal.  Don't know if it is this thread or 2011 but seems like it may be to fill the last spot. 

I hope it is Shaq. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2010, 06:59:59 PM »

link, pm, something?

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 14, 2010, 08:54:34 PM »

link, pm, something?

ditto
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 14, 2010, 09:25:26 PM »
bp offered up 3 names of juco pgs the staff have looked at.  no info on the status of their recruitment.  the most interesting is probably juevol myles.  assuming he's being recruited as a '10, he seems like he'd have 3 years.  need to check more on him.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 14, 2010, 09:38:38 PM »
the others are salter, freshly released from auburn and certainly the biggest name.

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1074033

and josh watkins.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 14, 2010, 10:53:08 PM »
I think _Fan called it on Salter IIRC.  Would love to have him.  Nice to get a bit of news finally.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 14, 2010, 11:46:58 PM »
I think _Fan called it on Salter IIRC.  Would love to have him.  Nice to get a bit of news finally.

i think juco jct. has him vastly overrated.  that or there are 2 good jucos this year.

all three seem serviceable.  none seem like anything to get excited about.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 14, 2010, 11:55:17 PM »

i think juco jct. has him vastly overrated.  that or there are 2 good jucos this year.

all three seem serviceable.  none seem like anything to get excited about.

"love" may have been strong...  More like "not hate".  I'm more excited over news...any news.  BP finally dropping some names, mysvisitor this weekend and GP even did a Boatright story.  It's an outright flood of recruiting news.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 15, 2010, 09:08:55 AM »
BP says:

Juevol Myles 6-1 190 fr. Tallahassee C C, FL.
Pickering, Ontario, CAN

Anthony Salter 5-11 180 so. Iowa Western C C, IA.
Tallahassee, FL.

Josh Watkins 6-0 200 so. Howard College, TX.
New York City

...are on the "list"

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 15, 2010, 09:09:30 AM »
Canada  :love: :love:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 15, 2010, 09:16:23 AM »
Canada  :love: :love:

Maybe the kid was influenced toward EMAW as a child when Wooly took the Cats on the Canada tour.   :crossfingers:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 15, 2010, 09:19:15 AM »
Like them in this order:
Myles, Salter, Watkins

this a quote, but it might as well not be.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 15, 2010, 09:25:54 AM »
Like them in this order:
Myles, Salter, Watkins

Did you verify that Myles is 3 tp 3?  Not sure how much I like the idea of adding another sophmore to the class.  Could actually probably stand to redshirt one of them as is. (JHR)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 15, 2010, 09:27:05 AM »
Like them in this order:
Myles, Salter, Watkins

Did you verify that Myles is 3 tp 3?  Not sure how much I like the idea of adding another sophmore to the class.  Could actually probably stand to redshirt one of them as is. (JHR)

Some guy who only pays attention to football recruiting confirmed that he's 3 tp 3.