Author Topic: 2010 Recruiting Thread  (Read 117930 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2010, 09:27:30 AM »
Like them in this order:
Myles, Salter, Watkins

this a quote, but it might as well not be.

Did you verify that Myles is 3 tp 3?  Not sure how much I like the idea of adding another sophmore to the class.  Could actually probably stand to redshirt one of them as is. (JHR)

Yeah, unless the staff plans to "Brownderson" someone from that class, it really isn't an advantage to add another player to that class.  JMHO.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 15, 2010, 09:27:54 AM »
Did you verify that Myles is 3 tp 3?  Not sure how much I like the idea of adding another sophmore to the class.  Could actually probably stand to redshirt one of them as is. (JHR)

yeah, he is (or maybe a 4 to 3, if that matters).  and i agree, that's the downside.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 15, 2010, 09:30:29 AM »
more midget guards. 
:flush:
i  really thought frank learned his lesson. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 15, 2010, 09:51:01 AM »
what happened w/ Myles at LaTech?

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 15, 2010, 09:51:33 AM »

didn't make grades, never played there.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 15, 2010, 12:25:23 PM »

didn't make grades, never played there.

so how is he a 4 to play 3?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 15, 2010, 12:46:37 PM »

yep.  it's a magical, canadian mystery.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 15, 2010, 12:50:41 PM »

yep.  it's a magical, canadian mystery.

Can't wait for "Wally, Eh?"

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 15, 2010, 03:20:05 PM »
Do not want any of them. They all seem worthless.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 15, 2010, 09:41:20 PM »
btw, meyer on kk's show said it was weirdly quiet re. kstate recruiting.  like they either aren't recruiting or are trying to keep whatever they're doing quiet.  glad to hear a nat'l guy back that impression up.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 15, 2010, 09:44:21 PM »
btw, meyer on kk's show said it was weirdly quiet re. kstate recruiting.  like they either aren't recruiting or are trying to keep whatever they're doing quiet.  glad to hear a nat'l guy back that impression up.

dude, we don't have to recruit anymore, we're an elite 8 team...players will come to us.  :thumbsup:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 16, 2010, 07:24:07 AM »

Every sports journalist comes to this website and just regurgitates whatever he reads here back out into whatever blog, article, or radio show they are doing whenever they are covering KSU.   
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline JMart

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 16, 2010, 10:13:36 AM »
I never told you what Frank told me two or three years ago? I asked him why they weren't more forthcoming with me, or anyone for that matter, when it came to recruiting, and he essentially said that because of Mario Little, they weren't going to be so public about recruiting anymore. Basically, it was between Illinois and K-State for Little all along, and then at the last minute, KU, not necessarily because the Jayhawks needed him (as evidenced by the fact that he REDSHIRTED this season) but because it would keep him away from K-State, swooped in and landed him.

KU is a big deal to any kid, especially a Chicago kid given the Jayhawks' efforts there recently. It's one thing to recruit against a school and its coaching staffs, but against a reputation that might be somewhat overblown? The K-State coaching staff is tired of it, or at least it was back then, and Frank and Co. were encountering some of that within the state as well.

Not an excuse, by any means, but I think there is some validity to K-State taking some steps to be somewhat secretive about their targets.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 16, 2010, 10:18:36 AM »
I never told you what Frank told me two or three years ago? I asked him why they weren't more forthcoming with me, or anyone for that matter, when it came to recruiting, and he essentially said that because of Mario Little, they weren't going to be so public about recruiting anymore. Basically, it was between Illinois and K-State for Little all along, and then at the last minute, KU, not necessarily because the Jayhawks needed him (as evidenced by the fact that he REDSHIRTED this season) but because it would keep him away from K-State, swooped in and landed him.

KU is a big deal to any kid, especially a Chicago kid given the Jayhawks' efforts there recently. It's one thing to recruit against a school and its coaching staffs, but against a reputation that might be somewhat overblown? The K-State coaching staff is tired of it, or at least it was back then, and Frank and Co. were encountering some of that within the state as well.

Not an excuse, by any means, but I think there is some validity to K-State taking some steps to be somewhat secretive about their targets.

I understand that with the more "under the radar" guys.  Not as much with guys who are already marquee names. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 16, 2010, 10:21:31 AM »
Yeah, it's not like Frank is going to tell Quinn Cook to make sure and not mention us when discussing his suiters.  Makes sense for the Mario Little's of the world though. 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2010, 10:23:18 AM »

wasn't there a rumor that Sutton's late arrival had something to do w/ KU "recruiting him" to get a hold of his transcripts and flag them to the NCAA?

I can kind of see the logic behind what Frank's doing, but it's kind of silly.  I mean, it isn't like KU can't figure out who K-State's looking at, assuming coaches from both schools are going to tourneys and talking to people.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 16, 2010, 10:25:21 AM »
it's kind of silly.  I mean, it isn't like KU can't figure out who K-State's looking at, assuming coaches from both schools are going to tourneys and talking to people.

maybe ku's coaches are absurdly vindictive, but also very lazy?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 16, 2010, 10:26:06 AM »
While true its probably silly, most head coaches by nature are ridiculoulsy paranoid.  

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 16, 2010, 10:45:17 AM »
Yeah, it's not like Frank is going to tell Quinn Cook to make sure and not mention us when discussing his suiters.  Makes sense for the Mario Little's of the world though. 

Mario Little wasn't exactly "under the radar".  He Was one of the best jucos that year and was being recruited by a lot of high majors.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 16, 2010, 10:46:16 AM »

Mario Little wasn't exactly "under the radar".  He Was one of the best jucos that year and was being recruited by a lot of high majors.

NOT REALLY THE POINT KRUSTY!

Offline Kermit

• Fan
  • "Wanna Guess Where My Thumb Has Been"
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 16, 2010, 10:52:41 AM »
I'm not too disappointed about not getting a great '10 class.  The whole 2010 class just doesn't seem nearly as good as the 2 or 3 years before it.  Now 2011, that's a different story.  Some real ballers there and we have to capitalize.  All good for the 2010 class though.   :gocho:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 16, 2010, 10:56:56 AM »

to summarize what I think JMart is saying- "Bill Self is a racist scumbag who thinks and acts in ways that only benefit himself or his plantation"

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

catzacker

« Reply #272 on: April 16, 2010, 11:43:10 AM »

so, like, maybe it was true that ku alerted the ncaa about Nique's transcripts?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2010, 12:37:51 PM »
I think _Fan called it on Salter IIRC.  Would love to have him.  Nice to get a bit of news finally.

i think juco jct. has him vastly overrated.  that or there are 2 good jucos this year.

all three seem serviceable.  none seem like anything to get excited about.

"love" may have been strong...  More like "not hate".  I'm more excited over news...any news.  BP finally dropping some names, mysvisitor this weekend and GP even did a Boatright story.  It's an outright flood of recruiting news.

Hey, wasn't Blake Young #3 on JUCO junction?  Look how that turned out.

Also, I would guess JUCO junction didn't rate Myles b/c he was a FR.  That should make you feel better.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2010, 12:40:32 PM »
he had a nice 3pt% iirc :dunno: