Author Topic: Shockers  (Read 94362 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Shockers
« Reply #175 on: February 06, 2014, 09:30:11 PM »
I just compare vcu and witchita states performances comparable. If VCU ran the table the following year, hands down they would have deserved a #1 seed.

Fwiw, I think you would beat them.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 06, 2014, 09:37:28 PM »
Smh at everyone who uses the final four as a benchmark of a team, or the ncaa tournament in general.

Nicname uses NIT

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 06, 2014, 09:39:16 PM »
Smh at everyone who uses the final four as a benchmark of a team, or the ncaa tournament in general.

They're still very good. Will they deserve a 1 seed if they go undefeated? Probably. Will they be a top 4 team in the country. Probably not. Will they make it to back to back F4s? Probably not.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 06, 2014, 09:45:53 PM »

They're still very good. Will they deserve a 1 seed if they go undefeated? Probably. Will they be a top 4 team in the country. Probably not. Will they make it to back to back F4s? Probably not.
And this is the problem for the reasonable WSU fan, I would think.  The value of their team, to the greater public, must needs be evaluated by their success in the tournament, and the tournament is such a crapshoot.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 06, 2014, 09:47:42 PM »
What is Memphis arguing? And who is he arguing with? What is going on in here?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 06, 2014, 09:55:29 PM »

And this is the problem for the reasonable WSU fan, I would think.  The value of their team, to the greater public, must needs be evaluated by their success in the tournament, and the tournament is such a crapshoot.

I think the depth of their success this regular season supersedes this. If they went like 30-4 then I think this would be the case but they are going to finish with one of the most successful regular seasons in college basketball history, they just need to make it to the second week of the tournament to validate their success and that's no different than any other 1-4 seed.

Also sprance your view of WSU as it relates to their tournament success and how they are viewed nationally is exactly what everyone else thinks of KU. Not picking on you or calling you butthurt,  just pointing out an irony.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM »

Who's arguing? :dunno: . Just making some observations bout the shockers.

No one understands your observation

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2014, 10:02:51 PM »

Your observation about the tournament is simplistic. You have to have a very good, very tough team to make the final four. Mediocre teams don't win 4 games in a row on neutral courts against the best teams in the country. If you make the final four it absolutely means you are one of the best teams in the country, it isn't some dice roll.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 06, 2014, 10:28:53 PM »
My stance on Wichita State.

a) they deserve any recognition and praise they get this year and last. They are good and they win a lot.

b) I absolutely can't stand them and hope they lose every game. I would certainly cheer for ku if they played.

"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2014, 10:37:56 PM »

Your observation about the tournament is simplistic. You have to have a very good, very tough team to make the final four. Mediocre teams don't win 4 games in a row on neutral courts against the best teams in the country. If you make the final four it absolutely means you are one of the best teams in the country, it isn't some dice roll.

I think you just stumbled upon the fact that there are many good and capable teams. Tournament is single elimination because it's fun not to find the "best" team.

Now I'm arguing :D

What  :confused:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 07, 2014, 07:01:02 AM »

I think the depth of their success this regular season supersedes this. If they went like 30-4 then I think this would be the case but they are going to finish with one of the most successful regular seasons in college basketball history, they just need to make it to the second week of the tournament to validate their success and that's no different than any other 1-4 seed.

Also sprance your view of WSU as it relates to their tournament success and how they are viewed nationally is exactly what everyone else thinks of KU. Not picking on you or calling you butthurt,  just pointing out an irony.

Something to be proud of? Sure.  Something that will be remembered in their conference for a long time? Absolutely.  Would it be viewed as a greater accomplishment if Syracuse did the same? You bet. WSU has put together a nice two-year run here, but to the broader audience, it won't have much staying power unless they make a special run this year.  I almost feel bad for them, because they have reached the zenith of their success, and if they don't cash in, who knows how long it will be until they get another shot?  They've set themselves up with the crushing weight of expectations, and if they flame out early, certain less-scrupulous neighbors will tease them relentlessly.  I won't, because I know that's the price of competing at the highest level. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 07, 2014, 07:15:32 AM »

Something to be proud of? Sure.  Something that will be remembered in their conference for a long time? Absolutely.  Would it be viewed as a greater accomplishment if Syracuse did the same? You bet. WSU has put together a nice two-year run here, but to the broader audience, it won't have much staying power unless they make a special run this year.  I almost feel bad for them, because they have reached the zenith of their success, and if they don't cash in, who knows how long it will be until they get another shot?  They've set themselves up with the crushing weight of expectations, and if they flame out early, certain less-scrupulous neighbors will tease them relentlessly. I won't, because I know that's the price of competing at the highest level.

You're a true warrior Spracne Goebbels . . . godspeed!!

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 07, 2014, 11:08:16 AM »
WSU's run is looking a lot like Butler in 10 ( :curse:) and 11.  In fact, I would say WSU this season is more talented than Butler in 11 if only beacasue Early stayed vs Heyward leaving.

I don't see WSU cashing in on this great run like Butler was able to by ending up in the best bb conference in the country but the parallels between Stevens and Marshall will be interesting.

It may be because I am not from Wichita but I see very little downside for KSU if WSU is a good program.  There is so little high major talent in the state it doesn't really matter, it's almost inconsequential if you accept that KU will almost always get the cream of what crop there is.  I guess we do compete with WSU for JC kids but it seems like good JC kids are few and far between these days.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2014, 11:21:19 AM »
I have nothing against the team, and they are fun to watch, but GGreggg Marshall is such a rough ridin' crybaby, small-dick syndrome pud loser that I hope they have an epic crash and burn that results in loser Shocker fans #watchus slit our wrists.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 07, 2014, 12:13:01 PM »

Something to be proud of? Sure.  Something that will be remembered in their conference for a long time? Absolutely.  Would it be viewed as a greater accomplishment if Syracuse did the same? You bet. WSU has put together a nice two-year run here, but to the broader audience, it won't have much staying power unless they make a special run this year.  I almost feel bad for them, because they have reached the zenith of their success, and if they don't cash in, who knows how long it will be until they get another shot?  They've set themselves up with the crushing weight of expectations, and if they flame out early, certain less-scrupulous neighbors will tease them relentlessly.  I won't, because I know that's the price of competing at the highest level. 

ku fans have been saying the same thing about k-state football for 20 years, fwiw

it's a "no matter what you do you're not as good as us and here's why" mentality

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 07, 2014, 02:36:01 PM »

I have nothing against the team, and they are fun to watch, but GGreggg Marshall is such a rough ridin' crybaby, small-dick syndrome pud loser that I hope they have an epic crash and burn that results in loser Shocker fans #watchus slit our wrists.

I hate WSU just as much as the next guy but even I think that was a little harsh.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 07, 2014, 04:06:21 PM »
So I do this bit anytime a Shocker fan mentions that they're undefeated.  I just act like I'm hearing it for the first time and am shocked that I didn't already know that, considering how much hoops I watch.  I think 1 guy figured out my ruse like a week later and posted an angry, drunken rant on my FB page about how Ggregg was a better coach than Self, how they have better players than KU, and how they have better fans, too. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 07, 2014, 04:07:08 PM »
So I do this bit anytime a Shocker fan mentions that they're undefeated.  I just act like I'm hearing it for the first time and am shocked that I didn't already know that, considering how much hoops I watch.  I think 1 guy figured out my ruse like a week later and posted an angry, drunken rant on my FB page about how Ggregg was a better coach than Self, how they have better players than KU, and how they have better fans, too.

My friend's name is "Gregg."  :angry:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 08, 2014, 10:46:41 PM »

25-0.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 08, 2014, 10:49:03 PM »
@lopakman

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2014, 09:43:26 PM »

26-0.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2014, 10:06:06 PM »
we've played more top 25 RPI teams than WSU has played top 100 RPI teams  :sdeek:

26-0 is impressive against anyone though, and also I hate them and hope they get a 1 seed and lose to a 16
emaw

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2014, 10:52:11 PM »
Although it probably won't happen, I'd love to see WSU and ku end up meeting up fairly early.  I'm not sure the interwebs could handle the level of ku butthurt that would come out of a WSU loss... 

After the game ended, Nick would give Andy a hug, wipe his tears and say "Sorry, Lil Bro..." and we (awesome good people K-Stater's) would console our TSC bros in much the same way: "Sorry, lil bro... sorry".

:tsc:
bears are fast...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2014, 11:50:54 PM »

25-0.

:Woohoo:

Why the woohoo? Do you want them to keep winning so they could potentially be the first 1 seed to lose to a 16, because I do

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2014, 12:01:36 AM »
Sorry if luked, but could the Cats run the table in the Valley? I mean if Indiana State is the big danger, I think maybe we could.