Author Topic: Frank watch 2012:  (Read 297808 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #825 on: March 23, 2012, 09:31:54 PM »
I had a basketball I caught at a pep rally signed by huggs and the entire 2006-2007 team.  I gave it away in anger when he left.  Kinda wish I hadn't

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 23, 2012, 09:32:28 PM »
I was just a lurker during Huggs. I am going to melt down pretty good when this is official.  :frown:

I melted down SO rough ridin' BAD for Huggs. Probably worse than when we hired Snyder. Somewhat embarrassing, but thankfully any record of those moments are sitting in a dusty East Valley garage or something.

Those were tough days...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 23, 2012, 09:32:36 PM »
Pearl would be an upgrade. It would be awesome. I just don't see the same AD who didn't play Jamar hiring oscar Pearl before his show cause expires.

If I were AD, I would have already had Martin's office cleaned out and I'd be shopping with oscar for purple suits, though.

An AD that didn't play Jamar over $200 would be perfect for Pearl's return. The NCAA would love that crap. And we all know Currie loves the crap out of pearl since he hired him once already.

Oh man. Posts like this are going to make it that much harder when I have to google the candidate that we actually end up hiring.

tell your friends. spread this talking point. make it happen. IN THE END, EMAW WILL ALWAYS WIN

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 23, 2012, 09:33:05 PM »
I'm not going to be pissed when this is official. Just embarrassed. We can't retain a coach to save our (basketball program's) life.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 23, 2012, 09:33:27 PM »
I was just a lurker during Huggs. I am going to melt down pretty good when this is official.  :frown:

I melted down SO rough ridin' BAD for Huggs. Probably worse than when we hired Snyder. Somewhat embarrassing, but thankfully any record of those moments are sitting in a dusty East Valley garage or something.

Those were tough days...

I remember spotting the plane that was picking him up on flightaware. :sdeek:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 23, 2012, 09:33:54 PM »

Those were tough days...

I don't have it in me to meltdown for Frank.  Probably just give up and focus on pro sports

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 23, 2012, 09:34:14 PM »
Remember when Frank went to Miami guys?

Me neither.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 23, 2012, 09:34:24 PM »
I'm not going to be pissed when this is official. Just embarrassed. We can't retain a coach to save our (basketball program's) life.

LHC Bill Snyder loves us so much that he still wanted to come back after we all but fired him.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 23, 2012, 09:34:34 PM »
the only reason I melted down about Huggs was because I thought we were going to lose Beasley also, otherwise I wouldn't have cared.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 23, 2012, 09:34:55 PM »
i don't want him to leave  :cry:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 23, 2012, 09:35:16 PM »
I had a basketball I caught at a pep rally signed by huggs and the entire 2006-2007 team.  I gave it away in anger when he left.  Kinda wish I hadn't

I have a signed Frank cat bball on display. Should I keep it?  I would like to bounce it off Curries's face. If I could do that, I would def keep it.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 23, 2012, 09:35:31 PM »

LHC Bill Snyder loves us so much that he still wanted to come back after we all but fired him.

I qualified my statement with "basketball".

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 23, 2012, 09:35:59 PM »
was easy to survive huggs because of beas/walker.  thats obvious.  i think this is surviveable with some of the talent we have, plus the practice facility and fan support.  i would definitely be disapointed, but i'd be willing to climb on board with the next hire rather quickly if its decent.  Biggest issue would be currie...don't trust that guy.  even though he's been pretty solid up till now.

summary...feeling meh and will just enjoy watching it all play out.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 23, 2012, 09:36:18 PM »
I won't be melting down until we hire a shitty replacement. If we somehow end up with oscar Pearl, I say give Currie a raise.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 23, 2012, 09:36:32 PM »

Those were tough days...

Speaking of flightaware, someone needs to be on that 24/7 to keep track of frank and so we can keep up on the coaching search

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: March 23, 2012, 09:36:51 PM »

I have a signed Frank cat bball on display. Should I keep it?  I would like to bounce it off Curries's face. If I could do that, I would def keep it.

Keep it

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 23, 2012, 09:37:03 PM »
All season long I thought Frank seemed emotionally disconnected.  He acted like he didn't give a crap.  I told myself it was because he was gone after this season.  Seems I was right.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 23, 2012, 09:37:16 PM »
I just want a coach willing to bend/break rules to win games and recruit 5'ers.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 23, 2012, 09:37:30 PM »
Remember when Frank went to Miami guys?

Me neither.

That would have been easier.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 23, 2012, 09:37:43 PM »

Honestly, Frank leaving will be nothing compared to Huggs. Frank leaving is more laughing and crying at the same time.

South Carolina and their 1 NCAA tournament since 2000 and that season they nearly filled their arena to 2/3 capacity. Never been to an Elite 8.

I mean, I don't even...

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #845 on: March 23, 2012, 09:38:46 PM »
was easy to survive huggs because of beas/walker.  thats obvious.  i think this is surviveable with some of the talent we have, plus the practice facility and fan support.  i would definitely be disapointed, but i'd be willing to climb on board with the next hire rather quickly if its decent.  Biggest issue would be currie...don't trust that guy.  even though he's been pretty solid up till now.

Do you really think Rod, Gip, and our current commits will stay. Lol
RIP Fatty

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #846 on: March 23, 2012, 09:39:15 PM »
was easy to survive huggs because of beas/walker.  thats obvious. i think this is surviveable with some of the talent we have, plus the practice facility and fan support.  i would definitely be disapointed, but i'd be willing to climb on board with the next hire rather quickly if its decent.  Biggest issue would be currie...don't trust that guy.  even though he's been pretty solid up till now.

all will be gone

rod will leave
angel will leave
jo will leave
gip wlll leave
practice facility will dry up and currie will divert the funds to football

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 23, 2012, 09:39:25 PM »

Those were tough days...

Speaking of flightaware, someone needs to be on that 24/7 to keep track of frank and so we can keep up on the coaching search

he will interview in atlanta and is flying commercial on cbs's dime, I'm sure. then he will come back to manhattan to pack his bags and say hi to his old pal oscar pearl who is getting fitted for a purple suit at Perfect Stitches.

hth

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 23, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »

Honestly, Frank leaving will be nothing compared to Huggs. Frank leaving is more laughing and crying at the same time.

South Carolina and their 1 NCAA tournament since 2000 and that season they nearly filled their arena to 2/3 capacity. Never been to an Elite 8.

I mean, I don't even...

We're getting dumped for a fat chick. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 23, 2012, 09:40:20 PM »
I won't be melting down until we hire a shitty replacement.

this