Author Topic: Angel is absolutely...  (Read 63792 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Angel is absolutely...
« Reply #375 on: February 20, 2012, 12:22:22 PM »
I was unable to watch the Baylor game live due to being at a conference. When I was able to watch it, I watched the highlights first and saw the travel call at the end of the game, and knew how I would see it spun on here.

The defenses of Angel's performance against KU seem like moral victories to me. Sure he mumped up a lot, but he did X, Y, and Z. It just seems to me that the folks who are #teamangel to the core, are the same types of people who get on other people for claiming happiness for moral victories in other areas. I don't understand that hypocrisy.

If you want to be an Angel sunshine pumper, kool aid drinker, etc. I don't know how you get on others for doing the same for others.

I see Angel's potential just as much as anyone else, I don't think he's near do no wrong status though. Nowhere near Jake, Denis, etc.

Going off on people that cut Angel down and backing up the point with, he's the best we got, he has potential, he wowed me on that play, he's young, he's so adorable doesn't make sense to me when the same people complain about how young the team is, how players get ran off, how badly we recruit. Angel is benefiting from the things that you complain about. Without the things you bitch about you wouldn't have your golden calf.

:dnr: but you can go ahead and eff off anyway.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 20, 2012, 12:26:32 PM »
I was unable to watch the Baylor game live due to being at a conference. When I was able to watch it, I watched the highlights first and saw the travel call at the end of the game, and knew how I would see it spun on here.

The defenses of Angel's performance against KU seem like moral victories to me. Sure he mumped up a lot, but he did X, Y, and Z. It just seems to me that the folks who are #teamangel to the core, are the same types of people who get on other people for claiming happiness for moral victories in other areas. I don't understand that hypocrisy.

If you want to be an Angel sunshine pumper, kool aid drinker, etc. I don't know how you get on others for doing the same for others.

I see Angel's potential just as much as anyone else, I don't think he's near do no wrong status though. Nowhere near Jake, Denis, etc.

Going off on people that cut Angel down and backing up the point with, he's the best we got, he has potential, he wowed me on that play, he's young, he's so adorable doesn't make sense to me when the same people complain about how young the team is, how players get ran off, how badly we recruit, etc. Angel is benefiting from the things that you complain about. Without the things you bitch about you wouldn't have your golden calf.

I don't think Angel is in "do no wrong status". Not at all. The first half against KU was inexcusable.

But I do think Angel at PG for the majority of the minutes gives K-State the best chance to win. That's why he should play and be allowed to play through mistakes, and more than other guards. Fair is not equal, and Frank's job is to win games. IMHO playing Angel gives us the best shot to win games. K-State is not going to win, especially against good teams, with any other guard combination.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 20, 2012, 12:26:45 PM »

Going off on people that cut Angel down and backing up the point with, he's the best we got, he has potential, he wowed me on that play, he's young, he's so adorable doesn't make sense to me when the same people complain about how young the team is, how players get ran off, how badly we recruit, etc. Angel is benefiting from the things that you complain about. Without the things you bitch about you wouldn't have your golden calf.

1. Big mistake watching highlights first. You should have sacked up like a real EMAW and avoided any mention of the game until you had time to watch it on replay via the internet.

2. Watch the damn game and then go barf up that vomit comment you made about Angel's travel.  Angel is the reason we won that game.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 20, 2012, 12:31:28 PM »
more like suncompletefuckingdumbass kid

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 20, 2012, 12:32:11 PM »
Call me a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) but I was more worried about Baylor on the road than MU on the road. 

just for reference, in the 4 previous years @ Columbia (which were all against inferior MU teams compared to this year's MU team):

0-4 by an average score of 68-80

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 20, 2012, 12:34:47 PM »
Call me a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) but I was more worried about Baylor on the road than MU on the road. 

just for reference, in the 4 previous years @ Columbia (which were all against inferior MU teams compared to this year's MU team):

Oh, I know.....

Again, it's not something I can explain. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 20, 2012, 12:36:34 PM »

Oh, I know.....

explain it then cns casey you dumbass

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 20, 2012, 12:37:05 PM »
Call me a respect but I was more worried about Baylor on the road than MU on the road.  

Oh, I know.....

I get it, I still struggle to figure out how Missouri is as good as they are this year. Yeah, they have good guards and really efficient offense, but teams should be able to exploit the match-up weaknesses they seem to have consistently on the floor. But they can't. And Frank Haith? Its just strange.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 20, 2012, 12:38:21 PM »
they can shoot the basketball really well.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 20, 2012, 12:39:56 PM »
english coaches them up

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 20, 2012, 12:42:47 PM »
7 seniors. 2 juniors.

:dunno:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 20, 2012, 12:43:27 PM »

Keep in mind, this is a guy who knew winters needed a ticket and could've had one but instead said "eff winter and trim and all of goEMAW, I'll say I'll take it and just no-show/no-call."

As Rusty astutely pointed out years back, "garbage poster = garbage human being."

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 20, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »

Oh, I know.....

explain it then cns casey you dumbass

:curse:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 20, 2012, 12:45:28 PM »
@nic

I was at a conference and was receiving text updates on the game. Like a true EMAW, I would have watched the game when I was able to, win or lose.

I agree Angel is the best option we have at his position. I agree it is a maturation process. I know there will be growing pains. I'm not putting the guy down. If we recruited better, didn't run guys off, had more experience, things that a lot of the #teamangel crowd bitches about. Angel wouldn't be a hot topic right now. It just seems to me that some people like to bitch a lot about things that now directly benefit Angel. Like not having better options, not having more experience, etc. So I don't know why people use the things they have previously bitched about to defend Angel. If you're mad that we don't recruit better, don't have better options, why don't you complain about having to deal with his growing  pains? Why does he get a pass?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 20, 2012, 12:48:11 PM »
what the eff is a "pass"? You are a goddam moron.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »
@nic

I was at a conference and was receiving text updates on the game. Like a true EMAW, I would have watched the game when I was able to, win or lose.

I agree Angel is the best option we have at his position. I agree it is a maturation process. I know there will be growing pains. I'm not putting the guy down. If we recruited better, didn't run guys off, had more experience, things that a lot of the #teamangel crowd bitches about. Angel wouldn't be a hot topic right now. It just seems to me that some people like to bitch a lot about things that now directly benefit Angel. Like not having better options, not having more experience, etc. So I don't know why people use the things they have previously bitched about to defend Angel. If you're mad that we don't recruit better, don't have better options, why don't you complain about having to deal with his growing  pains? Why does he get a pass?

probably bc it's not his fault everyone got run off you dumbass

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 20, 2012, 12:49:32 PM »
Quote from: DOB
you played your heart out, C A.  You played your heart out.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 20, 2012, 12:49:52 PM »

Keep in mind, this is a guy who knew winters needed a ticket and could've had one but instead said "eff winter and trim and all of goEMAW, I'll say I'll take it and just no-show/no-call."

As Rusty astutely pointed out years back, "garbage poster = garbage human being."

Then I believe you or MIR, I can never distinguish the two, said you wanted to throw me down some Bramlage stairs and I said I'd meet ya there, and they got all quiet. As far as garbage, if that is how you feel, my posting skills aren't a roller coaster ride, they are pretty consistent. You chose me over Winters, and you felt I was a garbage human being. That's on you then, huh?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 20, 2012, 12:51:42 PM »
Why does he get a pass?

Because he's already one of the top 5-7 Cats OAT and rapidly rising?  :dunno:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 20, 2012, 12:52:30 PM »
@nic

Sundance_ednksu post

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 20, 2012, 12:53:55 PM »

Then I believe you or MIR, I can never distinguish the two, said you wanted to throw me down some Bramlage stairs and I said I'd meet ya there, and they got all quiet. As far as garbage, if that is how you feel, my posting skills aren't a roller coaster ride, they are pretty consistent. You chose me over Winters, and you felt I was a garbage human being. That's on you then, huh?

I don't think I ever said I wanted to throw you down some Bramlage stairs, but it seems like a good idea.  MIR's a pretty smart guy.  And yeah, we all look alike.  :rolleyes: :opcat:

I said I'd give the ticket to whoever asked for it first.  You did.  I have integrity.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 20, 2012, 12:55:01 PM »
Call me a respect but I was more worried about Baylor on the road than MU on the road. 

I am really afraid we are a little satisfied with the BU win and get whipped like we did in '09.  I will take it as a good sign if we can make it a competitive game.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 20, 2012, 12:55:51 PM »

I don't think I ever said I wanted to throw you down some Bramlage stairs, but it seems like a good idea.  MIR's a pretty smart guy.  And yeah, we all look alike.  :rolleyes: :opcat:

I said I'd give the ticket to whoever asked for it first.  You did.  I have integrity.

You both post alike, I remember what you both look like.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 20, 2012, 01:05:44 PM »

You both post alike

This may be the stupidest thing you've said in this thread and you've said some really stupid crap.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 20, 2012, 01:07:07 PM »
@nic

Sundance_ednksu post

Nailed it.  I'm amazed how people san say such stupid, uninformed BS with such conviction.