Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369548 times)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
The Sheeran outrage is very weird. The show has had a bazillion characters. They can't cast a cameo or two? GTFO.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
I think most folks are just disappointed he didn't sing "shape of you"

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Upside? Arya saw swords so maybe she chops his head off next weekend

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Makes sense. Fans are always disappointed when they go to a show and the artist doesn't sing their hits.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hopefully Ed comes back to be in a scene in next year's finale.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
mcat went full mcat ITT. Haven't seen that in a while.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread
« Reply #3283 on: July 18, 2017, 09:29:38 AM »
It really never ceases to amaze me the sheer number of people who watch shows like GoT just so they can complain about everything in it.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It really never ceases to amaze me the sheer number of people who watch shows like GoT just so they can complain about everything in it.
I mean I really enjoyed the books and the show but then I realized the books never were getting finished and everyone was just always resurrected after they got killed so the whole show was like *yawn* and now I have fun watching it with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
I mean I really enjoyed the books and the show but then I realized the books never were getting finished and everyone was just always resurrected after they got killed so the whole show was like *yawn* and now I have fun watching it with a healthy dose of skepticism.

that's the best way to take in a show about dragons and zombies and stuff

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There's a theory out there that Arya isn't really Arya - it's another Faceless Man pretending to be Arya (Jaquen or the Waif). That wouldn't really make sense unless the Many Faced God just happened to want the Freys dead too.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
another theory is that when cersei and jaime were boning in S1 E1 and bran saw them, it wasn't really them- it was the faceless man pretending to be cersei and jaime boning and it was the faceless man who threw bran off the tower.  EXCEPT, it wasn't really bran, it was the faceless man pretending to be bran. 

daenerys targaryen?  yep, the faceless man.  her dragons?  his dog.

basically the show is about a guy in detroit who has schizophrenia and sees all of these illusions around him and tries to hurt himself

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
LOL. Last night during a conversation was the first time that Gooch realized Jaime had pushed Bran.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
another theory is that when cersei and jaime were boning in S1 E1 and bran saw them, it wasn't really them- it was the faceless man pretending to be cersei and jaime boning and it was the faceless man who threw bran off the tower.  EXCEPT, it wasn't really bran, it was the faceless man pretending to be bran. 

daenerys targaryen?  yep, the faceless man.  her dragons?  his dog.

basically the show is about a guy in detroit who has schizophrenia and sees all of these illusions around him and tries to hurt himself

That's almost as crazy as the "ned stark is alive and it was the faceless man that was beheaded instead" theory.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There's a theory out there that Arya isn't really Arya - it's another Faceless Man pretending to be Arya (Jaquen or the Waif). That wouldn't really make sense unless the Many Faced God just happened to want the Freys dead too.

Yea, that wouldn't really make sense at all. Why pretend to be Arya pretending to be someone else? People go a little crazy with these things, although it is kinda fun to imagine the possibilities.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
I have found almost no fault in any scene in any episode of this series.  You guys really need to embrace suspension of disbelief, or put another way, lighten the eff up and have some fun.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
As awful as michcat's review was, it's still better than towniecat thinking that only three giants exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I have found almost no fault in any scene in any episode of this series.  You guys really need to embrace suspension of disbelief, or put another way, lighten the eff up and have some fun.

I had a great time watching it. But come on, walking on the map and naming towns was pretty rough ridin' awful

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

I had a great time watching it. But come on, walking on the map and naming towns was pretty rough ridin' awful

Maybe that's how they play hopscotch in King's Landing

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Well, Jamie was standing on the fingers and Cersei was standing on the neck, so obviously he's going to end up strangling her.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Well, Jamie was standing on the fingers and Cersei was standing on the neck, so obviously he's going to end up strangling her.

:horrorsurprise:

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
As awful as michcat's review was, it's still better than towniecat thinking that only three giants exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never said only 3 giants exist, just pointed out that we have seen 3 giants and that there were 3 giant wights in Bran's vision. Are they the same 3? Maybe not, but it's possible.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm hearing reports the cameo was for Ms. Williams. She's a big fan. It was a surprise for her.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
I'm hearing reports the cameo was for Ms. Williams. She's a big fan. It was a surprise for her.

arya gets what arya wants