Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 370380 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So satisfying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah I kept yelling at Rickon to zig or zag but he never did.  :bawl:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Strange that Jon didn't even bother bringing Ghost.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
why didn't sansa tell jon about littlefinger and the knights of the vale.  seemed kinda important.

Because that would have ruined the surprise for Jon (and us). Basically one of those completely nonsensical things necessary for the story.

Jon charging the entire Bolton army was likewise pretty dumb. As was "digging trenches" - in frozen ground.

Other than those things, solid episode. That long-shot battle sequence was amazing. Ramsey's end was satisfying. I was hoping there was going to be more to the Umber/Rickon thing, but I guess not.

Oh, and Davos found the stag. I guess that's the end of Mel....

you missed a lot of the points they were making.

Getting the army shows that Sansa is a leader, Snow is a general.  They were right to dig trenches, and Snow did exactly as Sansa predicted and fell into his trap.  Also why the eff didn't Rickon toss in a couple rough ridin' zig zags!

I wasn't surprised when The Vale showed up. I was just pointing out why Sansa didn't tell Jon ahead of time. It added drama, but made zero sense "Jooooon, we need more men (even though I secretly know I've got a whole freakin' army on the way, but I don't think I'll tell him that)!"

Digging trenches by hand in frozen ground is more or less impossible.

I expected Jon to fall into a trap, just not so stupidly as he did. I was expecting a double-cross. Single handedly charging the Bolton forces, even after Rickon was killed? That was uncharacteristically stupid and bizarre behavior.

The shot Ramsay made was impossible anyway - Rickon had to have been over 100 yards away by then, running over uneven terrain - so it's not like adding a few zags was going to make the shot any harder for Ramsay's supernatural archery abilities. And why didn't Ramsay then kill Jon with another of his trick shot arrows?

So yeah, whole lotta stupid in this episode. But the battle and Ramsay's end was fun to watch.

Did Rickon utter a single word this season? I don't think he did. It's interesting that they brought back the same actor to reprise the role but didn't give him a single line.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
Wun Wun :(
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
T's & P's, AJ.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
What happened to ksuw to make him such an unhappy person? Drugs?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Rickon Stark only existed so that he could die in that scene. He was completely irrelevant for the first 58 episodes of the series.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
What Direwolves are left?  Just Jon and Arya's? 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i don't remember what happened to Bran's direwolf

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
i don't remember what happened to Bran's direwolf

Died in the cave escape
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yes Ghost and Nymeria are the only direwolves left.  :cry:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Was he the only giant left in the world?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Jon did all of those dumb things during battle because a bunch of his brain cells died off before the kid sacrificer could do magic CPR on him, duh. gosh.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Jon did all of those dumb things during battle because a bunch of his brain cells died off before the kid sacrificer could do magic CPR on him, duh. gosh.

Speaking of the kid sacrificer, what is going to happen next week when Davos confronts her???

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
I'm thinking Daenerys' story is done for this season outside of hopefully showing her and Greyjoys sailing to Westeros.

Knowing the visions Daenerys and Bran have had of Kings Landing, plus the discussions of Wildfire stashes....I'm predicting it will go up in flames with Cersei in the finale. 

I'm hoping (but not predicting) that they show significant flashbacks that finally reveal the truth about the Tower of Joy.   
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Those Vale assholes should have minded their own damn business. My Guy Ramsey had won fair and square.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:38:12 AM by Gooch »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm hoping (but not predicting) that they show significant flashbacks that finally reveal the truth about the Tower of Joy.   

I'm hoping and predicting it.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
what they did to Ramsay was wrong. House Bolton will rise again.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
seemed like the Vale showing up late was Sansa's plan.  Does seem odd that this plan was intentional, given her pleas for more men.  But, with all the dialogue about knowing Ramsey and knowing his tendencies, it seemed like Sansa was plotting her own trap for Ramsey.  She also led the Vale charge.     

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Yes Ghost and Nymeria are the only direwolves left.  :cry:

don't worry, they can make the dead ones rise from the dead.  because game of thrones.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Was he the only giant left in the world?

yes.  :frown:

don't worry, they can make the dead ones rise from the dead next season.  because game of thrones.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Sansa wanted rickon dead so she could rule winterfell. She won't let Jon have it

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
rickon was a weirdo anyway. he enjoyed hanging out in the crypts as a kindergartner