Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369550 times)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Arya is blind, not dead. Why was she even on the possibly dead list?

Because this is the thread for people who haven't read the books.
I haven't read the books and thought it was very obvious that she was only blinded and not dead.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
so, can somebody explain to me why cercei was locked up for so long without the King's Guard just laying waste to that place?  Like, they just let the Sparrow take her prisoner and take her out of the Red Keep?  And then didn't do anything while she was prisoner? 

What gives? 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
so, can somebody explain to me why cercei was locked up for so long without the King's Guard just laying waste to that place?  Like, they just let the Sparrow take her prisoner and take her out of the Red Keep?  And then didn't do anything while she was prisoner? 

What gives?

Because Tommen has no idea what to do when his mommy isn't there to manipulate him.

Also, the King's Guard is only like 6 guys, right? And Cersei gave the Faith Militant a whole army basically....

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

I haven't read the books and thought it was very obvious that she was only blinded and not dead.

Well, she took someone's life that wasn't hers to take, and jaqen said only death can pay life, and then drank that potion.  I don't think it's stupid to infer that the character might be dead as a result.  Uppity-ass nerds...

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

What gives?

Because Tommen has no idea what to do when his mommy isn't there to manipulate him.

Also, the King's Guard is only like 6 guys, right? And Cersei gave the Faith Militant a whole army basically....

I didn't mean the King's Guard - I generally meant the entire royal army (whatever it's called).  like, they had this big exchange at the bridge to the Red Keep, lined with armed royal guards - just standing there.  Like, does the royal military not control the entirety of King's Landing?  Or are they only empowered to protect the castle? 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Well, she took someone's life that wasn't hers to take, and jaqen said only death can pay life, and then drank that potion.  I don't think it's stupid to infer that the character might be dead as a result.  Uppity-ass nerds...

Yeah, and she saw her own dead face on the body before she started going blind.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

What gives?

I didn't mean the King's Guard - I generally meant the entire royal army (whatever it's called).  like, they had this big exchange at the bridge to the Red Keep, lined with armed royal guards - just standing there.  Like, does the royal military not control the entirety of King's Landing?  Or are they only empowered to protect the castle?

They only do what Tommen tells them to. He was going to use them to free Margaery, but Cersei convinced him not to, telling him that the Sparrows would kill her in her cell before he could rescue her. I'm sure he feels the same holds true if he were to try to rescue his mother.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I haven't read the books, but I get the impression that the vast majority of the city - the poor - support the sparrows. I think Tommen (his advisors) realizes that he doesn't have the forces necessary to route the sparrows and quell the revolt that would ensue. That's just conjecture, but my only explanation for how even Tommen could be this inept.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The price would be civil war.  With Tywin gone, no one else has the balls to do it.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The last episode was amazing. Dear god.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I didn't enjoy this last one much at all. Basically just "killing" a lot of characters and setting things up for next season. Mostly boring/depressing. Even the bit with Tyrion/Veris was flat.

But I did like two things: Stannis's end was well done. "On to Winterfell." The way he unsheathed his sword with resignation as the Bolton army approached. His confession to Breanne. It was good.

I also liked the Sansa/Theon bit.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
If anyone is trying to figure out a fantasy story in some guys head, good luck.  I think you should just roll with it and enjoy the T & A

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If anyone is trying to figure out a fantasy story in some guys head, good luck.  I think you should just roll with it and enjoy the T & A

So you really liked that Cersei scene then?

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

talk about titillating....

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

I liked it until they started throwing feces on her, then the smell kinda ruined it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
I thought those were tomatoes. Wow! That's why I really need this thread. Also, I had a dream last night that I went to the bars with a couple of my friends and the dwarf as well. We were best friends and talking about his new parts in movies coming up. How random. He was pretty fun tho!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I liked it until they started throwing feces on her, then the smell kinda ruined it.

You have a smellovision?  :Wha:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
I thought those were tomatoes. Wow! That's why I really need this thread. Also, I had a dream last night that I went to the bars with a couple of my friends and the dwarf as well. We were best friends and talking about his new parts in movies coming up. How random. He was pretty fun tho!
Also, I was really drunk in my dream, so the bartenders weren't serving me, but the lil one wanted me to stay out still. So weird.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
How cowardly was it for Reek/Theon to finally make a move to protect Sansa, but only against Myranda and not Ramsey? 6 out 7 on the cowardly scale IMO.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
People are going to freak when next season is branapalooza and zombie catelyn

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I can't wait.  All Bran all the time, communicating telepathically with Ghost warg Jon Snow. :love:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How cowardly was it for Reek/Theon to finally make a move to protect Sansa, but only against Myranda and not Ramsey? 6 out 7 on the cowardly scale IMO.

Well it was a lot less cowardly than turning Sansa over to Ramsey.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Well it was a lot less cowardly than turning Sansa over to Ramsey.

I'm not sure what else Theon needs to do to finally get out of the doghouse for some of these people. Yes, he was generally a prick and also did some appalling things to try to prove himself to his appalling father. I think he's suffered quite a bit for those decisions. I also think he's recognized the evil things he's done and he'll continue to redeem himself (if he survives the fall).

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
All Bran all the time

:cyclist:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I read an article where some people are claiming that Jon's eyes changed color to purple (known Targ eye color) as he lay there dying....I did not notice this and have not gone back to watch.