Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369558 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
How is speculation fun? The answers are there to be had. "I wonder what 2 + 2 is? I could put in a little work and figure out the answer, but I'm going to go with 8 and we'll figure out if it's right or not when the teacher hands back the exam."

It's pretty much all we do here? How them batcats gonna do? how the roundball cats gonna do? how is daniel sams going to win the heisman? how are the gridiron cats going to bring home the crystal ball?

same thing with this work of fiction, but not comparable to addition.

what if the books never existed? would you be hunting for the leaked screenplays to find out what happens?

DIFFERENT WORLD VIEWS I GUESS

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How is speculation fun?

I get what you're saying, but you just asked how is speculation fun on a frickin' message board.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Seemed pretty significant that it was revealed baelish was behind poisoning jon arryn at the beginning of the series, since that is the reason for everything that has happened so far.

holy crap I almost forgot about that.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Book snobs stfu

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
My point is, speculation, when the answer exists, is a waste.

Speculate all you want about events, fictional and IRL, that have not taken place yet. That's fine. I participate in that activity myself.

The fact is, the answers to these questions that are being asked are out there, but some would rather grasp at straws than actually obtain the answer.

Nothing has been done to refute my claims that you TV show only people are lazy and irrational.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Speculate all you want about events, fictional and IRL, that have not taken place yet. That's fine. I participate in that activity myself.

The fact is, the answers to these questions that are being asked are out there, but some would rather grasp at straws than actually obtain the answer.

Nothing has been done to refute my claims that you TV show only people are lazy and irrational.

that's fine but the reality is that there's a lot of us on the board that just don't know how to read.  live your life, take things for granted, but never assume that I nor anyone else here can read because that's just a complete bullshit thing to do.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

I believe the entertainment from a work of fiction comes from experiencing it, just like most life things. It's not a math problem, or any kind of problem.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

that's fine but the reality is that there's a lot of us on the board that just don't know how to read.  live your life, take things for granted, but never assume that I nor anyone else here can read because that's just complete bullshit of a thing to do.

oh yeah, also I'm illiterate. Thanks for making me feel like crap about it, MH.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
That's a pretty tall horse you're riding on Metalhead.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That's a pretty tall horse you're riding on Metalhead.

I'm prejudiced against short ones.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quick, everyone start speculating like crazy

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

i think bran will  start warging people AND dragons and it will be wild

i think jon and ygrit will do it again

i think petry will kill lyza

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

HOLY crap I DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT WARGING DRAGONS

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

also since he can warg hodor giant wang then he will probably warg the giants partying with mance's army too at some point

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

also since he can warg hodor giant wang then he will probably warg the giants partying with mance's army too at some point

HOLY crap I DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT WARGING GIANTS

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

HOLY crap I DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT WARGING GIANTS

can he warg fish? they would never have to worry about food, he could just warg a fish and have it jump up onto shore and they can chow down

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is there a rule to warging that he has to be a certain distance from the thing he's warging? It seems like kind of a ridiculously powerful skill without a lot of rules.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I believe the entertainment from a work of fiction comes from experiencing it, just like most life things. It's not a math problem, or any kind of problem.

You're describing a show watcher who takes the product at face value and then drops it until the next episode. An information problem appears once the show watcher starts to ask questions about plot points. Normally, this information problem would exist until a future episode is aired that resolves the issue, but, in this case, the information is already published and readily available for consumption.

I wouldn't criticize anyone for keeping these questions to themselves, as then it is their own personal mystery to solve. I get frustrated when show watchers want to make their musings public and then expect not to get an answer. What's the purpose of asking a question if you don't want the answer?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
The show changes things.  Some missing characters, some new characters, some things happening at different times or happening differently altogether. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You're describing a show watcher who takes the product at face value and then drops it until the next episode. An information problem appears once the show watcher starts to ask questions about plot points. Normally, this information problem would exist until a future episode is aired that resolves the issue, but, in this case, the information is already published and readily available for consumption.

I wouldn't criticize anyone for keeping these questions to themselves, as then it is their own personal mystery to solve. I get frustrated when show watchers want to make their musings public and then expect not to get an answer. What's the purpose of asking a question if you don't want the answer?

You're assuming that some people don't enjoy the unknown.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You're assuming that some people don't enjoy the unknown.

:buh-bye:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
What's the purpose of asking a question if you don't want the answer?

I think my purpose is to speculate with people working off the same data set as myself, for fun.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile

I think my purpose is to speculate with people working off the same data set as myself, for fun.

What do the white walkers want?  No one knows that. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I think they want to kill the Red Lady's Fire God. Whoever that may be.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

no one is even asking. that's the first thing I'd do, be like hey, can we figure something out here?