Author Topic: Angel is absolutely...  (Read 63623 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Angel is absolutely...
« Reply #325 on: February 19, 2012, 12:09:05 AM »
fine I'll leave you two to your circle jerk. have fun.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 19, 2012, 12:12:43 AM »

you are making a stupid point, that's all

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 19, 2012, 12:16:51 AM »

you are making a stupid point, that's all
good grief just stop wmt:facepalm:

at a certain point when you have a series of examples of similar situations playing out in a similar manner it becomes something called a pattern.  Now just because we didn't get burned by it today doesn't mean its not still a massive issue for this player.  Fair point?

If Angel is going to take that next step, he needs to have better game ending decisions than what he is currently doing. Now he is young, and is only gaining in experience.  But a certain point when the "slashing" guard isn't being used to slash, and the possession guard is allowed to drive in game ending situation which have cost us games there is an issue.   
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 19, 2012, 12:17:22 AM »
edn, i appreciate your confidence, but if you think a pg driving to the basket with no one but a stationary big almost under the rim and guarding your big to stop you should flip the ball past two defenders to a shooter behind you, you really shouldn't be allowed to watch bball.  certainly not allowed to comment on what you think you are seeing.

could have hit ojeleye on the dive, but then you've got ojeleye trying to catch, turn, not travel, not lose the ball and hit a shot.  definitely not a better option.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 19, 2012, 12:19:45 AM »
If Angel is going to take that next step, he needs to have better game ending decisions than what he is currently doing. Now he is young, and is only gaining in experience.

i guess the point that you are having trouble grasping is that ar-t, seeing the situ at game speed with big 12 athletes bouncing all around him made the right decision, and you, sitting at a computer looking at  vids and screen shots are making the wrong one.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 19, 2012, 12:28:44 AM »
Like, if Angel hadn't turned the ball over, here are the potential options that would have been superior to passing it to Rodney:

1) take it to the rim
2) floater
3) draw jamar's defender, lob to jamar
4) pass to Will for a three
5) pass to Vic for the situation
6) turn it over trying to do any of the above
7) pass it to Rod

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 19, 2012, 12:29:46 AM »
If Angel is going to take that next step, he needs to have better game ending decisions than what he is currently doing. Now he is young, and is only gaining in experience.

i guess the point that you are having trouble grasping is that ar-t, seeing the situ at game speed with big 12 athletes bouncing all around him made the right decision, and you, sitting at a computer looking at  vids and screen shots are making the wrong one.
disagree with this entirely.  By your notion players don't go through a maturation process and all the coach speak about the college game being much faster than HS/AAU ball are all moot.  Good players can slow teh game down.  Jake and Dennis both did it, Angel will too in time.  Hopefully he is looking at his game tape and seeing ways to improve.  Keeping your head up, using your court vision to see players that open when 3 or 4 players suck into the zone on you is critical in player development. 

edn, i appreciate your confidence, but if you think a pg driving to the basket with no one but a stationary big almost under the rim and guarding your big to stop you should flip the ball past two defenders to a shooter behind you, you really shouldn't be allowed to watch bball.  certainly not allowed to comment on what you think you are seeing.

could have hit ojeleye on the dive, but then you've got ojeleye trying to catch, turn, not travel, not lose the ball and hit a shot.  definitely not a better option.

for instance this scenario.  Look between the 6th second on the shot clock and the 4th.  Heslip is falling back below the 3 pt line.  He was the top of the 1-3-1.  #50 is in the same spot but still qued up entirely on Angel.  At this point AR has done what a good PG should do and brought defenders to him and has created an unbalance in the zone.  The key to defeating the zone is to make it unbalanced and find a shooter who should have floated to their conform range inside of the void on the court.  Because Heslip has sunk down so low and 50 is keyed in to his right the voids are now from the top of the key and to the right for us.  Rodney correctly moves to the top, further right than where he was originally by about 4 ft and waits for a pass which never comes.   AR has 3 or arguably 4 defenders on him by the 3 second mark.  He is in too deep to make a pass and is surrounded and walled off from the rim.  This is where the maturation of a player is critical.  They have to realize when that defensive player (Heslip) has passed the point of no return (defensive position) in guarding their player and AR has to get hit teammate the ball.  Heslip was moving low with seconds before Angel got in too deep, could have kicked to an unbalanced zone shooter for an open shot. 

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 19, 2012, 12:33:22 AM »

disagree with this entirely.  By your notion players don't go through a maturation process and all the coach speak about the college game being much faster than HS/AAU ball are all moot.  Good players can slow teh game down.  Jake and Dennis both did it, Angel will too in time.  Hopefully he is looking at his game tape and seeing ways to improve.  Keeping your head up, using your court vision to see players that open when 3 or 4 players suck into the zone on you is critical in player development. 

edn, i appreciate your confidence, but if you think a pg driving to the basket with no one but a stationary big almost under the rim and guarding your big to stop you should flip the ball past two defenders to a shooter behind you, you really shouldn't be allowed to watch bball.  certainly not allowed to comment on what you think you are seeing.

could have hit ojeleye on the dive, but then you've got ojeleye trying to catch, turn, not travel, not lose the ball and hit a shot.  definitely not a better option.

for instance this scenario.  Look between the 6th second on the shot clock and the 4th.  Heslip is falling back below the 3 pt line.  He was the top of the 1-3-1.  #50 is in the same spot but still qued up entirely on Angel.  At this point AR has done what a good PG should do and brought defenders to him and has created an unbalance in the zone.  The key to defeating the zone is to make it unbalanced and find a shooter who should have floated to their conform range inside of the void on the court.  Because Heslip has sunk down so low and 50 is keyed in to his right the voids are now from the top of the key and to the right for us.  Rodney correctly moves to the top, further right than where he was originally by about 4 ft and waits for a pass which never comes.   AR has 3 or arguably 4 defenders on him by the 3 second mark.  He is in too deep to make a pass and is surrounded and walled off from the rim.  This is where the maturation of a player is critical.  They have to realize when that defensive player (Heslip) has passed the point of no return (defensive position) in guarding their player and AR has to get hit teammate the ball.  Heslip was moving low with seconds before Angel got in too deep, could have kicked to an unbalanced zone shooter for an open shot. 

did not read

why, because this point you are trying to drive home is pointless

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 19, 2012, 12:34:47 AM »
did not read

It's actually pretty entertaining. I mean when someone goes so far as to post pics of what they thought happened and then describe something completely different from what their pics show is remarkable to watch.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 19, 2012, 12:36:02 AM »
did not read

It's actually pretty entertaining. I mean when someone goes so far as to post pics of what they thought happened and then describe something completely different from what their pics show is remarkable to watch.

i mean, sure, entertaining, yeah.  but of all plays to be butthurt about, i don't get

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 19, 2012, 12:36:15 AM »
did not read

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously beems level of posting now.  I'll wait for Sys to come if he chooses with a conversation post.  Until than I'll just  :lol: at your little circle jerk. 

seriously......

beems level without a doubt.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 19, 2012, 12:37:10 AM »
did not read

seriously beems level of posting now.  I'll wait for Sys to come if he chooses with a conversation post.  Until than I'll just  :lol: at your little circle jerk. 

seriously......

honestly don't know what you are doing here

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 19, 2012, 12:39:07 AM »
did not read

seriously......

O I know, respond to one of Rusty's posts next so he can

seriously, hacks like you two make goEMAW the board with the worst case of group think ever.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 19, 2012, 12:42:23 AM »
did not read

seriously......

seriously, hacks like you two make goEMAW the board with the worst case of group think ever.

this meltdown of yours is great.  just tell me your drunk and i'll leave you alone

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 19, 2012, 12:43:39 AM »
the best part is he doesn't realize sys is making fun of him worse than we are.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 19, 2012, 12:45:31 AM »
did not read

seriously......

this meltdown of yours is great.  just tell me your drunk and i'll leave you alone

not drunk at all.  studying fascism. 

just enjoying your and rusty in your  :lick:  :love: of each other. 

Here is the problem with your entire posting philosophy. you can't handle opposing views and must make everything congruent to other posters you admire, thus group think.  you can't even take a step back from this look at what I've posted and the actual game tape to see what I'm saying.  Your so committed to your position that you are completely blinded to other points of view. 

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 19, 2012, 12:46:04 AM »
the best part is he doesn't realize sys is making fun of him worse than we are.

yeah he's pretty good.  but alas, this is just a classic goEMAW circle jerk

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 19, 2012, 12:46:57 AM »
edn, your point of view is stupid.  like worse than beems type stuff

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 19, 2012, 12:49:03 AM »
edn, your point of view is stupid.  like worse than beems type stuff

classic.  No I'm not posting like beems, youre posting like beems move.  

Nice work responding to my post and only keeping the lotion flowing between you and Rusty.  Group think at its best right here.

I'll let you guys finish up.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 19, 2012, 12:51:55 AM »
edn, your point of view is stupid.  like worse than beems type stuff

classic.  No I'm not posting like beems, youre posting like beems move.  

Nice work responding to my post and only keeping the lotion flowing between you and Rusty.  Group think at its best right here.

I'll let you guys finish up.

oh no!  angel didn't throw the ball behind him to rodney.  what an idiot!  - edn

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2012, 12:52:46 AM »
I'll wait for Sys to come if he chooses with a conversation post. 

i mean, i don't know what you're looking for here.  i agree with reality, that there weren't any defenders between ar-t and the hoop (other than the one guy flat-footed and 8 feet away clearly more scared of ar-t thowing a lob at his man than of ar-t shooting).

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 19, 2012, 12:56:11 AM »

i mean, i don't know what you're looking for here.  i agree with reality, that there weren't any defenders between ar-t and the hoop (other than the one guy flat-footed and 8 feet away clearly more scared of ar-t thowing a lob at his man than of ar-t shooting).
what I'm looking for is someone to say that Angel, who apparently isn't the 'slashing guard', should stop making poor decisions slashing to the rim only to be bottled up in game deciding plays.  A lob would have been acceptable, a pass back to Rodney or Will under 6 seconds when Heslip went below the FT line would have been acceptable.  Going to Victor would not have been acceptable.   

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 19, 2012, 01:02:47 AM »

i mean, i don't know what you're looking for here.  i agree with reality, that there weren't any defenders between ar-t and the hoop (other than the one guy flat-footed and 8 feet away clearly more scared of ar-t thowing a lob at his man than of ar-t shooting).
what I'm looking for is someone to say that Angel, who apparently isn't the 'slashing guard', should stop making poor decisions slashing to the rim only to be bottled up in game deciding plays.  A lob would have been acceptable, a pass back to Rodney or Will under 6 seconds when Heslip went below the FT line would have been acceptable.  Going to Victor would not have been acceptable.   

LOL @ copying the options I laid out in my post.

But Angel lost the handle - he wasn't "bottled up" or surrounded. It was a mistake. He had the three perimeter defenders BEHIND HIM and just lost the ball. That's completely different from making a "bad decision" and when you look at the big picture of the game it's really rough ridin' nitpicky, (even if you were right)  (You're not).

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 19, 2012, 02:59:21 AM »

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 19, 2012, 03:07:44 AM »
edn, what the hell are you talking about?

Look at the 4th picture you poster. Angel has a clear path to the basket. Do you seriously not see that?