Author Topic: WR corps or lack of  (Read 9418 times)

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
Re: WR corps or lack of
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2014, 10:48:54 AM »
By the way, if there is a PM, please include me. History dictates that I am very good about not spilling the beans on good insider information.

There is no insider info, our receivers just suck and Lockett has a bum hammy.  Also, Dvonta and Clinks are probably not red-shirting, Snyder is just refusing to play them because he's all about the "hard working" walk-ons right now.  He doesn't give a damn about how slow and untalented we are and he is not holding anyone back for some sort of scheme against Auburn.  Reality is a bitch sometimes.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2014, 10:54:38 AM »
He was missing the short to intermediate routes constantly.
Par for Jake's course.

gmafb

Sorry, thought this was a carry-over from the off-season theme that Jake was better at the long pass than at short to mids.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2014, 10:56:18 AM »

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2014, 10:59:48 AM »
jake played well saturday, you're looking for crap to bitch about

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2014, 11:04:44 AM »

Offline Harmon4ksu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2014, 11:06:54 AM »
Is Kyle Klein hurt?

Out for the year.

Can confirm. Football career (if there was one to be had after his EMAW days) is over. Real shitty.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2014, 11:27:18 AM »
He was missing the short to intermediate routes constantly.
Par for Jake's course.
yes, Waters is looking more Beasley than May or Bishop in the passing game

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2014, 11:51:20 AM »
There is no insider info, our receivers just suck and Lockett has a bum hammy.  Also, Dvonta and Clinks are probably not red-shirting, Snyder is just refusing to play them because he's all about the "hard working" walk-ons right now.  He doesn't give a damn about how slow and untalented we are and he is not holding anyone back for some sort of scheme against Auburn.  Reality is a bitch sometimes.

Snyder and his staff are also about winning and putting guys out there that give the team the best shot to win. IMHO its about consistency in alignment, knowing what to do in the scheme, AND effort/hard work. Snyder wants the most talent on the field that can do those 3 things because talented guys that take plays off or don't know what they are doing get you beat just as often as hard working walk ons, its just not as easy to see. Its not like this is new; this has been consistent through out his time at K-State. And his track record shows that eventually those more talented JUCO guys (or HS) eventually work their way into the mix, some faster than others.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2014, 12:51:48 PM »

Snyder and his staff are also about winning and putting guys out there that give the team the best shot to win. IMHO its about consistency in alignment, knowing what to do in the scheme, AND effort/hard work. Snyder wants the most talent on the field that can do those 3 things because talented guys that take plays off or don't know what they are doing get you beat just as often as hard working walk ons, its just not as easy to see. Its not like this is new; this has been consistent through out his time at K-State. And his track record shows that eventually those more talented JUCO guys (or HS) eventually work their way into the mix, some faster than others.

Except these guys that supposedly are more sound have been awful at positioning themselves, taking the correct angles and tackling....
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2014, 01:05:20 PM »
Except these guys that supposedly are more sound have been awful at positioning themselves, taking the correct angles and tackling....

I thought for the most part the angles and position to make plays were fine, guys like Truman just did a really poor job finishing plays. Most of the time he was right there to make a tackle but somehow let the specimen that is Sam Richardson make him miss.

I am hopeful that the issues that were exposed in this game expedite the process for some of these new guys getting into the mix and I think they will. Also, that guys like Dakorey Johnson, who made a nice play running down Richardson, work their way into the mix because of flashes like that.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2014, 01:40:12 PM »
I think Truman just has "Big Hit Syndrome". Instead of staying on his feet, keeping the ballcarrier in front of him, and making a good form tackle, he is trying to knock somebody's hat off, and he is just missing and looking silly in the process. Coach Snyder needs to spend some time working with Jonathan over the next 1.5 weeks to get him back into his 2013 form, where he didn't do anything flashy, but he wasn't clearly the worst player on the field, either.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2014, 01:44:02 PM »
I think Truman just has "Big Hit Syndrome". Instead of staying on his feet, keeping the ballcarrier in front of him, and making a good form tackle, he is trying to knock somebody's hat off, and he is just missing and looking silly in the process. Coach Snyder needs to spend some time working with Jonathan over the next 1.5 weeks to get him back into his 2013 form, where he didn't do anything flashy, but he wasn't clearly the worst player on the field, either.

sounds like me on ncaa football :frown:

catzacker

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2014, 02:04:11 PM »
Davis is kind of escaping blame for the terrible LB play.  We essentially have two Truman's out there wandering aimlessly around the field.  Throw in Slothlenburg and Morgan gettn' Burns and our defense has a ton of holes.  This is without even mentioning the DL whose talent appears to be missing the QB in synchronization.

But there is a shitty defense thread for all of that I suppose.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2014, 02:18:43 PM »
Davis is kind of escaping blame for the terrible LB play.  We essentially have two Truman's out there wandering aimlessly around the field.  Throw in Slothlenburg and Morgan gettn' Burns and our defense has a ton of holes.  This is without even mentioning the DL whose talent appears to be missing the QB in synchronization.

Truman might actually be better than Davis. His poor play stands out more because he has been missing so many tackles, but at least he has been in position to make those tackles.

Derricott has to crack the starting lineup soon, right?

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2014, 02:48:16 PM »

Truman might actually be better than Davis. His poor play stands out more because he has been missing so many tackles, but at least he has been in position to make those tackles.

Derricott has to crack the starting lineup soon, right?

To me, Truman looks stiff and muscle-bound and possibly injured.  He tried to tackle on Saturday without bending at the waist; it almost looked like he was hurt. The tackles he did make involved wrestling people down by the head.  I don't coach football or anything, but that doesn't seem to be the best tackling form.   I can never remember him looking like that, before.

He has never been very fast, but something didn't look right on Saturday.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2014, 08:41:49 PM »
On one play, we moved somebody right to the tackle gap just prior to the snap. ISU proceeded to snap the ball and then run right at that GDP for about 15 yards. (Something like that)

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2014, 08:47:26 PM »

You're wasting your breath, _FAN... You and I both have been posting variations of this exact post for the past 3-4 years and most of these mouth breathers will just never get it. 
bears are fast...

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2014, 10:06:09 PM »

You're wasting your breath, _FAN... You and I both have been posting variations of this exact post for the past 3-4 years and most of these mouth breathers will just never get it.

Yep, this is right on.  This coaching staff thinks that execution wins out over talent most of the time.  If anything, Snyder might be the coach on this staff that is most inclined to go with talent over execution, judging from his weird comments last year about SAMs and this year about Jones.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2014, 10:22:21 PM »
How do we get that? How did we get it back then? I honestly have no clue.

There were no recruiting services on the internet. 

Also, cocaine fueled recruiting ninjas, allegedly. 

yes Pete! I love those 90's Miami Vice recruiting staff stories!

Confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2014, 10:06:37 AM »

Yep, this is right on.  This coaching staff thinks that execution wins out over talent most of the time.  If anything, Snyder might be the coach on this staff that is most inclined to go with talent over execution, judging from his weird comments last year about SAMs and this year about Jones.

Yes. And judging by the players he played in his first tenure, when we were better, and more fun to watch.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2014, 10:09:56 AM »
Do you idiots really believe that Snyder can't dictate who starts?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2014, 01:07:32 PM »
DUBDUB. YOU GAVE YOUR ULTIMATUM. NOW DISH   :runaway:   :users:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2014, 01:14:45 PM »
:users:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2014, 01:23:51 PM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2014, 11:55:26 PM »
Really glad to see Sexton mush this talking point.  The problem is Jake, not our WRs.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting