Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369441 times)

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
I'm hoping this finally pushes her to unleash the dragons. It seems she has handled everything so poorly this season that if she doesn't do anything I don't even want her to rule Westeros. That being said, the preview for next week gave away Barristan's fate. There is no way Dany takes Jorah back right? In the teaser for the season there was a scene shown with Jorah in the fighting pits. So I am assuming that will be his punishment for returning.

I also was audibly upset the whole time that the unsullied didn't just destroy the harpies. For how expensive they supposedly are, they sure seem to be killed rather easily.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
All that cuddling made the Unsullied soft.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Better villain - Ramsey or Joffrey?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Of course the unsullied go their asses kicked by the harpies. the unsullied's biggest strength is their organization. they operate as a unit. they are not trained to fight in utter chaos.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
rough ridin' chowderheads, the lot of you.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Of course the unsullied go their asses kicked by the harpies. the unsullied's biggest strength is their organization. they operate as a unit. they are not trained to fight in utter chaos.
How many Unsullied are required for a unit? Whatever that number is is how many Unsullied should patrol together at all times. Why would you attempt to fight with fewer than required?

If they weren't soft then they were being stupid, which is arguably worse.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Ramsey. He does the dirty work himself and he's much more torturing about it.

Joff was a cold hearted a-hole but at least he never cut off a guy's johnson.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Ramsay can be witty and humorous, even if he is a sadistic madman. He also at least has some sort of an excuse as to why he does what he does. He comes from a family of psychopaths and desperately wants to be accepted as a true Bolton. He's basically the super Bolton.

Joffrey was just a terrible human and didn't have any redeeming qualities as a person or character. The only thing he provided was anger and making everyone wish someone would off him. Not that he wasn't a great character. He was, and his mega-heel status made for a lot of great scenes where you could really root for whoever he was up against.

You hate Joffrey. Ramsay is a sick and twisted eff, but doesn't really invoke seething hatred like Joff did.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm more scared of Ramsey than Joffery.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Ramsay can be witty and humorous, even if he is a sadistic madman. He also at least has some sort of an excuse as to why he does what he does. He comes from a family of psychopaths and desperately wants to be accepted as a true Bolton. He's basically the super Bolton.

Joffrey was just a terrible human and didn't have any redeeming qualities as a person or character. The only thing he provided was anger and making everyone wish someone would off him. Not that he wasn't a great character. He was, and his mega-heel status made for a lot of great scenes where you could really root for whoever he was up against.

You hate Joffrey. Ramsay is a sick and twisted eff, but doesn't really invoke seething hatred like Joff did.

Joffrey was given a whole lot more screen time to develop that hatred. Give Ramsey time, and I think you will hate him even more. Joffrey was the more unique character, though. I think I prefer him just for that.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
I'm more scared of Ramsey than Joffery.
Absolutely. Joff was very hate-able, but Ramsey is more villainous.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
A month ago the term "greyscale" meant absolutely nothing. Stannis' daughter looked kinda scaley, but who cares? It's like the show runners sat on it until the last possible moment. I wonder if Jorah will cut off his arm or try to hide it...

Ramsey was very Joffrey-ish at dinner. It's pretty much #caseclosed on who is the bigger villain between he and Joff.

Grey Worm!!!!!! :excited:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
so, uh, this show kinda sucks now.

When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
yes nothing is going to happen this season unless they fast forward through a bunch of terrible book 4 narrative (looks like they kind of are)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Still binge re-watching the last 4 seasons. Back to Season 4 now. Looking forward to firing up Season 5 next week!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Where is the thread where I get mad about the show deviations and get all high and mighty about reading the books?

Is this it?  I want to make sure that I'm in the right place.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Where is the thread where I get mad about the show deviations and get all high and mighty about reading the books?

Is this it?  I want to make sure that I'm in the right place.
No, this is for the show only.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Carry on.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
yes nothing is going to happen this season unless they fast forward through a bunch of terrible book 4 narrative (looks like they kind of are)

Well ep 9 is going to be the last chapter of book 5 so....
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Orly?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Get out of here, book dorks.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Well ep 9 is going to be the last chapter of book 5 so....

Interesting if true.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Boltons have to be really stupid if they think that Sansa is just going to go along with them, right? They have to know that she hates them...Do they just think that she is a quiet little girl who does what she's told and isn't going to try to get revenge?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

The Boltons have to be really stupid if they think that Sansa is just going to go along with them, right? They have to know that she hates them...Do they just think that she is a quiet little girl who does what she's told and isn't going to try to get revenge?

Sophie Turner has mentioned in interviews that there is a particular scene she filmed this season that was traumatizing. Since she is now wrapped up with the Boltons I'm really afraid of what will happen to her. Given the Boltons history with the Starks nothing would surprise me.