Author Topic: John Fracking Currie and his line of bullshit  (Read 11506 times)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: John Fracking Currie and his line of bullshit
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2010, 10:27:53 AM »
Business is business...you've got to use your available $$ the best way you can.   Currie is doing what he can to get Frank and his coaches more money, and to keep the wheels on the AD financially.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2010, 10:34:11 AM »
FACT!...The economy is in shambles.
FACT!...State revenues are down.
FACT!...Decreased state revenues lead to lowered educational allocations
FACT!...Too many people were suckling the AD dept administrative teet
FACT!...Firing people saves money

Are we going to forget or ignore that he has recently hired 3 new people in the department and I believe that 2 of those hires were for new positions?  I'm having a hard time determining when "fiscal responsibility" starts and stops.

If my opinion seems to really offend some of you, kind of makes it more relevant, thanks :blush: :thumbsup:

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2010, 10:43:52 AM »

Are we going to forget or ignore that he has recently hired 3 new people in the department and I believe that 2 of those hires were for new positions?  I'm having a hard time determining when "fiscal responsibility" starts and stops.

If my opinion seems to really offend some of you, kind of makes it more relevant, thanks :blush: :thumbsup:

When you're, "The Man", fiscal responsibility is what you say it is. As long as the bottom line looks good/better you've done your job.   :frown:

catzacker

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2010, 11:04:36 AM »
he let them go, but they get pay until june.  so the department saved money in the next fiscal year with the reorg and also allowed those employees (now former employees) to basically get a free paycheck for about 3 months while they find another job.  that's not a bad or unfair deal at all.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2010, 11:34:32 AM »

People on here just don't like morons. 

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 11:46:16 AM »

Everyone telling you that you're a 'TARD makes you a 'TARD, not more relevant.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 12:18:42 PM »

Everyone telling you that you're a 'TARD makes you a 'TARD, not more relevant.

Mods: Plz change his username to "Rainman". Tia.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 04:17:55 PM »
Ford is considering closing its Claycomo Auto Factory in North Kansas City.  The Claycomo Plant Manager's secretary's son was a Delt at K-State (which has since been closed - coincidence...).  That kid now grooms Kurt McGuffins dog who eats food purchased from the new Pet Smart in Manhattan.  The same pet store where Frank Martin bought his daughter's pet turtle.  And John Currie eats at the Little Apple Brewery every second tuesday of alternating months.  And so does Dalonte Hill.  So, John Currie is covertly trying to run Frank Martin out of town. 

Nice work translating Make it Rain's logic.  I was lost until I saw your post.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 05:06:40 PM »

I do feel badly for one person who got canned . . . because I think it was solely because her boss got canned as well, and IMO he did her no favors . . . plus the previous regimes did these people no favors. 

Me too.  If we're referring to the same person, she was good people

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 05:39:50 PM »
Is it possible that they are freeing up money in the Athletic Department so they can give Frank a contract extension and a raise in salary? Quit melting down over nothing... you guys are winning right now.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 06:54:42 PM »
the ticket office has been a disaster for as long as i can remember.  this move needed to be made whether it was for money or not.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2010, 07:30:01 PM »
I bet this guy was all  :runaway: when Prince fired Shorty   :facepalm:

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 07:37:56 PM »
Quit melting down over nothing... you guys are winning right now.

QFT.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »
I don't think MakeItRain used the best example to support his anti-Currieism, but he's right.  There's still just as much weirdness* going on up there, and we're still paying every coach we don't give a crap about while Frank's in limbo.

*non-"transparent"

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2010, 07:56:59 PM »
firing laura tietjen was literally the best decision of all time

huge c-word that rhymes with punt
emaw

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2010, 02:17:44 AM »
I don't think MakeItRain used the best example to support his anti-Currieism, but he's right.  There's still just as much weirdness* going on up there, and we're still paying every coach we don't give a crap about while Frank's in limbo.

*non-"transparent"

This, Trim is smart and stuff.

I came out a bit too aggressive and it dilluted my larger point that some were clearly too stupid to understand.  I'll try again

firing adminstrators under the guise of saving money while at the same time hiring new highly paid adminstrators thus blowing the money you supposedly saved=giving new contracts to coaches that aren't in demand in sports that lose money while the best coach hired in 20 years is made to beg for change like a bum on the streets.

The guy has not made many financial decisions yet but the ones he has made seem a bit contradictory, no?

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2010, 03:40:52 AM »
This is going to turn into a PR nightmare for Currie.  He's looking for his next job as the "turnaround guy."  Probably reads lots of Jack Welch too just like Scarey Smart did.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2010, 08:42:15 AM »
Rain . . . what don't you get about what occurred during the previous regime and the fact that many of these people were right in the thick of things during that time??

"previous regime" consisted of about 4 people, none of which are the ones that lost their jobs thursday. Just because they were employed by KSU Ath at the time doesn't mean they were "right in the thick of things".  :rolleyes:

catzacker

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2010, 08:48:31 AM »
weren't the people that currie hired to replace people that were lost/on administrative leave?  so now he fired more people to save money...and gave them until june to get another job while getting paid.

epps and cavelto (sp) are gone though epps is still on "admin leave", correct? so currie hired two people to "fill" those spots/duties, then fired more people and reorg'd. 

christ, of all the things to be upset with about currie, this isn't one of them.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2010, 08:54:30 AM »
thoughts and prayers, captain.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2010, 09:41:54 AM »
I still don't see how firing the ticket lady has anything to do with firing the Men's BAsektball Coach... 

Don't dorget about the $20 mil. practice facility that Curry is giftwrapping for Frank.  Seems like a silly move for an incompetent jagoff who doesn't know crap about supporting a basketball program.   

Maybe Curry just likes the smell of freshly sawed wood. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2010, 09:53:12 AM »
I still don't see how firing the ticket lady has anything to do with firing the Men's BAsektball Coach... 

Don't dorget about the $20 mil. practice facility that Curry is giftwrapping for Frank.  Seems like a silly move for an incompetent jagoff who doesn't know crap about supporting a basketball program.   

MakeItRain has acknowledged the ticket lady situation was a poor basis for his Currie jag.

I didn't take this as gift-wrapping a practice facility:

once we feel like we've got a financially responsible plan, we can go ahead and go.

The reality of it is that we're going to continue to explore the feasibility of the project.

http://cjonline.com/sports/basketball/2010-02-19/currie_facility_moving_forward

I think we all just wish the next and one of few times we hear from Currie is him saying Frank's new deal is done and the practice facility will be done on ______ rather than blah, blah, blah is happening in the ticket department, you can pick up your yard signs at various locations and check out my twitter.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2010, 09:59:39 AM »

Don't dorget about the $20 mil. practice facility that Curry is giftwrapping for Frank.  Seems like a silly move for an incompetent jagoff who doesn't know crap about supporting a basketball program.    

MakeItRain has acknowledged the ticket lady situation was a poor basis for his Currie jag.

I didn't take this as gift-wrapping a practice facility:

once we feel like we've got a financially responsible plan, we can go ahead and go.

The reality of it is that we're going to continue to explore the feasibility of the project.

http://cjonline.com/sports/basketball/2010-02-19/currie_facility_moving_forward

I think we all just wish the next and one of few times we hear from Currie is him saying Frank's new deal is done and the practice facility will be done on ______ rather than blah, blah, blah is happening in the ticket department, you can pick up your yard signs at various locations and check out my twitter.

i really don't need to hear anything more about currie to make a decision on how i feel about him. i don't like him. he walks past me every game and i just don't like him and his gangly body and nerdy pants/shoes and hair and just everything. he just seems very small timey and stuff. i just get the feeling that he's just tried and prepared his whole life for this and he finally did it but now he just doesn't know what to do. seems like he'd maybe be a good second in command but i just honestly don't see him as a leader of any sort.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2010, 10:38:10 AM »
well, daris, I think his unibrow is more criminal than his attire. For sure, this guy aint winning any beauty pageants. But, then again, Perkins looks like the imperial emperor and I'd take him in a heartbeat. The bottom Line is that performance is all that matters.

I loved how he addressed football ticket pricing and packaging. It didn't smell of incompetence.

With basketball, the facility IS getting built. That's not a question. And if he extends martins contract, it will be awfully hard to criticize currys performance as AD.

Hell always look like a need unfortunately.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2010, 10:40:40 AM »
i really don't need to hear anything more about currie to make a decision on how i feel about him. i don't like him. he walks past me every game and i just don't like him and his gangly body and nerdy pants/shoes and hair and just everything. he just seems very small timey and stuff. i just get the feeling that he's just tried and prepared his whole life for this and he finally did it but now he just doesn't know what to do. seems like he'd maybe be a good second in command but i just honestly don't see him as a leader of any sort.

I'm more inclined to make judgments on Currie based on this, rather than his decisions to hire/fire peons.