before 00:01 4-5-2020
4 (30.8%)
on 4-5-2020
4 (30.8%)
after 4-5-2020
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: April 02, 2020, 10:22:45 PM

Author Topic: 24 hour quick poll on kdub's death total  (Read 11686 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 24 hour quick poll on kdub's death total
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2020, 05:38:54 PM »
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1247691218240315393?s=20

I may have mentioned that the death toll numbers in the USA are skewed, at best.

:dubious:
I haven't watched that clip yet but from what I've gleaned today it's pure dumbass fuel. They live on it

Yes, that's exactly what it is, aimed at MAGAqs who hate reading.
These people are too stupid to know what an autopsy is and how difficult they are to perform on bodies infected by a virus. They also lack the perspective to understand how difficult it is to do autopsies when people in New York are dying, of COVID or COVID related illness, every 3 minutes. They are also too stupid to know that one of the ways that coronavirus kills people is through organ failure, so if someone with liver disease dies after getting infected with coronavirus, it is in fact appropriate to determine that coronavirus killed that person.

Dr. Brix couldn't say any of that crap, so I did it for her.

Translation:  Dr. Brix didn't lie, so I'll do it for her.

You really should be a politician seeing as how you just pull random crap outta your ass and post it as fact.

This is the dumbest argument imaginable seeing as how less than 5% of ALL deaths result in autopsy.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5724047/

Its unfortunate that humans pass on, however at least there are zero deaths from the flu or pneumonia over the last 3-5 weeks, huh?

:confused:
That's the point, dummy

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2020, 05:40:52 PM »
Should we take undercounting into consideration?

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1247573157504057345

Bookie? HELLO! Nothing to add?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2020, 09:46:45 PM »
KSUW - What is the correct number of deaths to know whether or not we should have socially distanced?

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2020, 07:18:29 AM »
at least there are zero deaths from the flu or pneumonia over the last 3-5 weeks, huh?

covid truthers lol

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1248044109249384448

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2020, 08:10:22 AM »
On the one hand all scientists and data say this, but on the other hand I’m an insane person. Curious, all these sheeple afraid of my unique thoughts. Very curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2020, 12:21:46 PM »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2020, 12:31:57 PM »
Should we take undercounting into consideration?

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1247573157504057345

Bookie? HELLO! Nothing to add?

God rest their souls...  truly heartbreaking.

Although I'm sure "gothamist.com" is a fine independent news source, I wonder why the MSM and government leaders that need these additional numbers to help with the narrative haven't been more vocal about this.  It also doesn't tell the whole story.... They're working to add them to the numbers.

Death count could rise dramatically, as NYC begins listing probable coronavirus deaths
On Tuesday, a report from Gothamist and WNYC determined that the city’s official coronavirus death count was not accounting for the upsurge in home deaths: The medical examiner’s office told the outlets that “another 200 city residents are now dying at home each day, compared to 20 to 25 such deaths before the pandemic.” Now, the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner and the NYC Health Department will coordinate to “include into their reports deaths that may be linked to COVID but not lab confirmed that occur at home,” according to Health Department spokeswoman Stephanie Buhle. Though Buhle didn’t say when the city would begin reporting the home-death estimates, they are likely to add thousands of deaths to the toll of over 4,000.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/new-york-coronavirus-cases-updates.html
bears are fast...

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2020, 12:51:03 PM »
On the one hand all scientists and data say this, but on the other hand I’m an insane person. Curious, all these sheeple afraid of my unique thoughts. Very curious.

You make good point Mr. Moderator...  Let's all hope the "scientists and data" are accurate and we can ultimately reach the insanely high death toll projections that the models predicted a month ago.

It would be totally insane to hope that not nearly as many people perish from this awful virus than originally projected.
bears are fast...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2020, 01:44:04 PM »

lol

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2020, 03:54:10 PM »

You make good point Mr. Moderator...  Let's all hope the "scientists and data" are accurate and we can ultimately reach the insanely high death toll projections that the models predicted a month ago.

It would be totally insane to hope that not nearly as many people perish from this awful virus than originally projected.

Those goalposts moved again. Everyone hopes that the numbers are lower. Some people are acting like the social distancing recommendations from scientists aren't the reason the numbers are going to be lower.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2020, 03:57:40 PM »

Those goalposts moved again. Everyone hopes that the numbers are lower. Some people are acting like the social distancing recommendations from scientists aren't the reason the numbers are going to be lower.

Yeah, initial models only had %50 compliance for social distancing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2020, 09:11:37 PM »
now over 500k confirmed cases in the united states.  also got to over 2k/day deaths today, we'll go over 20k total deaths tomorrow.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2020, 07:20:51 AM »
Peak coming this week? I think the modeling shows it Apr 20 and the numbers assume social distancing through May for ~30k deaths by August.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2020, 08:54:35 AM »
Peak coming this week? I think the modeling shows it Apr 20 and the numbers assume social distancing through May for ~30k deaths by August.

i expect we'll hit 30k dead next week.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2020, 09:09:07 AM »

I would say it's more like ~60k deaths by August.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2020, 09:12:43 AM »
Pretty amazing to see kdub and the other trumpers be 100% still in this dude's corner when a) were told them this was under control  b) then told everybody to shut down the world which they hate and c) see more Americans die from this than any other country

He was right. Shot people on 5th avenue and his followers were still with him.  Dedication!

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2020, 09:23:31 AM »
Dictatorships don't exist because 100% of the people are overpowered by the dictator. There's always a good percentage of the population who will choose the dictator over pretty much everything else. Like a comforting father figure or something. This is dangereous crap we're rough ridin' with.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2020, 09:24:48 AM »

i expect we'll hit 30k dead next week.

Pretty easily I would think too. The thing that is sticking with me is still watching Spain and Italy is they still "hang out" at a significant level for fatalities for weeks, sure it has come down from their peaks, thankfully, but it's still at a pretty significant level. Maybe I missed why they revised our number down to 60-100k, but that really to me feels like a "first wave" number. I can't imagine over the course of this (this year at least) the total being that number, unless we're truly committed to doing what we're doing right now for months. I think for the course of the year we'll end up in the 200k-250k range, which would be an accomplishment, a grim one, compared to just letting it ride.

I think if we keep up distancing and doing a lot of what we've being doing now but somehow get people "back to work" it's going to keep cases coming in, but keep it from being devating numbers. I'm sure there is a balance to it all, but getting people back out and about, even with distancing, wearing masks, and whatnot, is going to cause cases to occur. We're all human after all. I do wonder though what that "looks like" come June, July, August, etc.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2020, 09:51:32 AM »
i basically agree.  i don't know if r for the country is above 1 or below, but if it is below 1, i don't think it's much below it, so you're likely looking at a long drawn out plateau (or gentle slope up/down).

but a couple of caveats - 1) seasonality could make a big difference, and 2) i think mortality will decline - probably already has.  plasma treatment seems to be efficacious, other drugs may show efficacy and be available pretty quickly and just learning how to treat symptoms seems to make a difference - for example, it seems like intubating patients earlier and putting them on their stomach instead of their back improves survival.

and of course the big question is how well we continue to tolerate isolation measures.

so, i think there's a lot of variation possible in where we may end up for the year fatality-wise

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2020, 11:04:23 AM »
Now that we know we are gonna fall woefully short of Gates' hope of 1 million to 2.2 million deaths, just how many deaths are we hoping for so that we can get Trump out of the White House?

What's it gonna take?  Will 100k even do it or are we gonna need to get to at least 200k like cfbandyman is hoping for?
bears are fast...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2020, 11:58:31 AM »
If you had one sentence to describe to a time traveler from 5 years ago what MAGA is “they think Donald Trump is good and Bill Gates is bad” would be a good option.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2020, 01:01:42 PM »
Billy's world de-population plan is just to rid the world of the MAGAs
bears are fast...

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2020, 01:07:59 PM »
Now that we know we are gonna fall woefully short of Gates' hope of 1 million to 2.2 million deaths, just how many deaths are we hoping for so that we can get Drumpf out of the White House?

What's it gonna take?  Will 100k even do it or are we gonna need to get to at least 200k like cfbandyman is hoping for?

First off how the hell you get me "hoping" for 200k out of what I wrote, and second off, that 1 to 2 mill is if we literally did nothing you ignorant worthless sniviling paramecium.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla