Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Essentially Flyertalk / Re: New Mattress (MASTER SLEEP THREAD)
« Last post by Spracne on Today at 05:17:43 PM »
My mattress is old. I'm considering a Purple Mattress for my next one. Does anyone own one?
Pt 1: What the hell was Mean Gene thinking when he hired Pete Hughes?
Pt 2: What in the eff was Mean Gene thinking when he gave Pete Hughes an extension?
Pt 3: Why does Mean Gene hate K-State alum/heart throb Rob Vaughn?
Pt 4: Will Mean Gene fire Pete Hughes from the golf course and let you listen on speakerphone?

I actually might be able to get some of this info from Coach Clark.  We'll definitely have some drinks together.  #3 is cued up my friend.
Essentially Flyertalk / Re: YouTube Channels (Master Thread)
« Last post by passranch on Today at 05:14:57 PM »
Oh man, way too many to mention here.  I live on YouTube for the most part.

DOCUMENTARY/HISTORY:
The Wendover/Jet Lag stuff is great.
The B1M is top notch for construction geeks.
Mr Beat is interesting/informative

TRAVEL/ADVENTURE:
Abroad in Japan is usually very entertaining.  Relevant for steve dave probably.
SteveMarsh and Planes, Trains, Everything are a couple of Scottish dudes' channels that do travel vlogs all over Europe.
Simon Wilson is similar, except for more worldly
Mav is fun.
Bald and Bankrupt is great for seeing parts of the world you'd never travel to.
The stealth campers (Blot Outdoors, Steve Wallis, etc.) are fun.
I was turned on to the Greg McCahon channel by someone in the cycling thread here, enjoying following his progress

MUSIC/ENTERTAINMENT:
I love watching Coachella every year on YouTube.
TPD TV is pretty amazing stuff, a bunch of English lads that go to music festivals every weekend and get absolutely hammered.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 has about 5 24/7 live streams now, great for background noise.
Rick Beato has a lot of interesting stuff, although I'll admit I don't watch his channel much any more.
Digging the Greats has been fantastic
Doctor Mix is also pretty cool

AUTOMOBILES:
Love Vice Grip Garage, dude's hilarious.
DRIVETRIBE is good for Top Gear/Grand Tour fans.
I enjoy the Out of Spec Motoring and Out of Spec Reviews channels for electric car stuff

SPORTS:
I watch Away Days and StuntPegg because I dig the soccer nerd stuff.
Tons of obscure sports stuff is live on there, last couple of weekends I watched some of the World 9 Ball Tour
Goodwood Festival of Speed is on there every year, as well as some racing events from Australia and Europe

GAMING:
GeoWizard is bonkers sometimes.  He had a video where he dribbled a soccer ball across England (75 miles) in under 24 hours.
Ambiguous Amphibian is pretty funny

MISCELLANEOUS:
I don't really watch the channels like Jolly and Jamel_AKA_Jamal where they try new stuff and react, I think those are mostly fake and forced.  However, the Irish People Try channel is always good for a laugh.
Carl Rogers, The Pethericks and Life of Ryan are English ex-pats doing renovation projects in the French countryside, very nice.
Big Jet TV for you plane spotters.
Big Rig Travels for your American truck driving needs.
Raspberry Rock Off Grid Cabin is good, the videos are a tad slow but the vibes are good.
Been getting into Truck House Life a bit lately, he's fun.

This list above is by no means comprehensive of all the channels I watch regularly, but all of them are enjoyable IMO.

The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Re: MEGA MAGA
« Last post by BIG APPLE CAT on Today at 05:12:59 PM »
She is such a raging $!#*. But she did bait her opponent (not a $!#*)

Babyguuuuuuuuuuuurrrrlll
Essentially Flyertalk / Re: Top Golf
« Last post by BIG APPLE CAT on Today at 05:07:37 PM »
If zero fall into the netting on the edge then you win the day.

I have spent, conservatively, over 100 hours at Top Golf and have never seen someone fall into the netting, which is a little disappointing.

More likely that some clubs with insufficient Stickum will accidentally get launched 30 or so yards
Float the idea of dropping baseball for softball.
Essentially Flyertalk / Re: cooking
« Last post by BIG APPLE CAT on Today at 05:03:15 PM »
hey guys, i'm thinking about making an apple pie this weekend.  couldn't find the apples i wanted so going to use pumpkin instead.  mmmm, sweet sweet apple pie, can't wait!  :excited:

subbing out apples for pumpkins would make that a berry pie

- big apple cat

You know it boss. Pro tip: don’t add too much lava
Other Sports (Tiger's Back) / Re: KSU Booze Cats
« Last post by Dugout DickStone on Today at 04:56:05 PM »
We have two wins (both at home) over No. 17 Oklahoma State - those are our only top 30 RPI wins (vs. 7 losses). And we were outscored 41-75 in those games.

It's a bit of apples/oranges, but not many teams would get an at-large bid to the b-ball NCAA tourney with a 2-7 record against top 30 in RPI.

Here is where Pete Hughes proves the haters and losers (of whom there are many) wrong though
The New Joe Montgomery Birther Pit / Re: LOL TRUMP
« Last post by Dugout DickStone on Today at 04:54:32 PM »
What happened to him?  This sounds bad
Other Sports (Tiger's Back) / Re: KSU Booze Cats
« Last post by Kid In the Hall on Today at 04:32:23 PM »
We have two wins (both at home) over No. 17 Oklahoma State - those are our only top 30 RPI wins (vs. 7 losses). And we were outscored 41-75 in those games.

It's a bit of apples/oranges, but not many teams would get an at-large bid to the b-ball NCAA tourney with a 2-7 record against top 30 in RPI.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10