Author Topic: RIP Dylan Meier...maybe don't read this...we had some critical "feedback"  (Read 53394 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Dylan Meier...
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2010, 02:53:14 PM »
I know I don't have to read it and probably shouldn't for my own sake.  Just couldn't let this one go...  Again, I hope none of you have to experience anything so tragic.

Everyone will though

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2010, 02:54:01 PM »
I am not a member of GoPo, nor do I wish to be.  Somebody on here alluded to Dylan having an interest in/possibly being Buddhist.  I would bet if I went on that site I would find some of the things written quite a bit more offensive than anything in this thread.

Offline wildcatforlife

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2010, 02:56:08 PM »
I know I don't have to read it and probably shouldn't for my own sake.  Just couldn't let this one go...  Again, I hope none of you have to experience anything so tragic.

Everyone will though

Fall off a cliff or watch a family member do it?  I sure hope not. 

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2010, 02:57:46 PM »

Everyone will though

I'd rather fall off a cliff than die of heart failure....but that's not what's in the cards for me.  I suppose I could change that, however.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2010, 03:00:22 PM »

Everyone will though

Everybody will die eventually.  falling off a cliff doesn't make it more tragic, just more funny.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2010, 03:01:40 PM »
I am not a member of GoPo, nor do I wish to be.  Somebody on here alluded to Dylan having an interest in/possibly being Buddhist.  I would bet if I went on that site I would find some of the things written quite a bit more offensive than anything in this thread.

First, many, many, many posters on GPC would consider your suggestion that Dylan wasn't a christian to be a insult to Dylan...they'd be appalled.  

Second, if they were to accept your message as truthful, they'd simply move on to praying for God to comfort the family since their kid was in hell.  Personally, I'd find that to much more offensive than tacky remarks about heavenly completion percentages and so forth.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: sick to my stomach
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2010, 03:02:35 PM »
I feel sick to my stomach right now, not just from the news of Dylan's tragedy but from reading the posts from some of you so-called EMAWers.  I know I'll get annihilated for posting this, but it needs to be said anyway.  I cannot for the life of me understand how a person can make fun of another for dying.  I didn't understand it with Brooks Berringer, and I don't understand it now.  Whatever you thought of his football career here, he was a human being with a family who is suffering terribly right now.  What if his family would read this board looking for support from the Wildcat Nation and find some of these comments instead?  I don't want to understand the sick mind that even thinks these things let alone putting it out there for others to see.  Would you say these things out loud or is it just because you're anonymous on this board?  I've looked at some other fan boards, and it's pathetic when the fan base making jokes is the one he played for.  Go ahead and make fun of me, but I hope this makes you think just a little bit.

I send out many prayers and condolences to the Meier family and sincerely hope that none of you ever have to deal with anything like this.

Brooks Berringer died?  Ha ha ha holy crap that is funny.  

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2010, 03:02:50 PM »

First, many, many, many posters on GPC would consider your suggestion that Dylan wasn't a christian to be a insult to Dylan...they'd be appalled.  

Second, if they were to accept your message as truthful, they'd simply move on to praying for God to comfort the family since their kid was in hell.  Personally, I'd find that to much more offensive than tacky remarks about heavenly completion percentages and so forth.

I couldnt agree with you more Pete

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2010, 03:03:22 PM »

I've definitely experienced things more tragic, douche.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2010, 03:03:58 PM »
I had the over/under the number of people to delete their account because of this thread at 2....looks like we are getting close.  :users:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2010, 03:04:05 PM »

Everyone will though

Everybody will die eventually.  falling off a cliff doesn't make it more tragic, just more funny.

Do we really know that he "fell" and didn't "jump?"  Personally, it does not matter to me either way....but I have known of people who have claimed that loved ones had an accident rather than kill themselves.  It's obviously tragic and sad either way....just saying that before we go around saying that the guy was careless and fell he may have actually been very thoughtful about it, who knows?  

Sad deal either way.  Prayers to all involved, etc.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2010, 03:05:51 PM »

Everyone will though

Fall off a cliff or watch a family member do it?  I sure hope not.  

I'd rather fall off a cliff than die of heart failure....but that's not what's in the cards for me.  I suppose I could change that, however.
better to die doing something you loved rather than getting old and crapping yourself and waiting on your next visitor, imo.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »

Everyone will though

Do we really know that he "fell" and didn't "jump?"  Personally, it does not matter to me either way....but I have known of people who have claimed that loved ones had an accident rather than kill themselves.  It's obviously tragic and sad either way....just saying that before we go around saying that the guy was careless and fell he may have actually been very thoughtful about it, who knows?  

Sad deal either way.  Prayers to all involved, etc.

Realistically, Dylan would have realized how badly he sucked and killed himself several years ago.  Wouldn't make sense to do it yesterday. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2010, 03:07:09 PM »

Everyone will though

I'd rather fall off a cliff than die of heart failure....but that's not what's in the cards for me.  I suppose I could change that, however.
better to die doing something you loved rather than getting old and crapping yourself and waiting on your next visitor, imo.

I doubt Dylan loved falling off cliffs

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2010, 03:07:50 PM »

Everyone will though

:surprised: probably loved hiking though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2010, 03:08:34 PM »

Everyone will though

HE DIDN'T DIE FROM HIKING  :curse:

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2010, 03:09:27 PM »

Everyone will though

Not to try and fight your battles for you SD, but 4Life you did say "experience something tragic", not fall off a cliff. Everyone has to live through someone close to them dieing, it doesn't make what happened to Dylan anyless of a terrible thing. My cousins' 2 year old having a tumor large enough to push his organs around, or a friends 2 year old daughter being diagnosed with luekemia are also tragedies.  Some people deal with their feelings one way, others in another way.  Some people get offended at every little things, others don't. I'm not defending some of the things said on here, but if they want to say them, then they can. If you want to call them a d*ck, you can. End of story.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »

Everyone will though

Well he wouldnt be dead had he not been hiking, think about that.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2010, 03:11:07 PM »

Everyone will though

What if someone carried him up there and stood him in the exact place he fell from?  Not hiking but still dead....FROM FALLING OFF A CLIFF!

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2010, 03:13:30 PM »

Everyone will though

What if someone carried him up there and stood him in the exact place he fell from?  Not hiking but still dead....FROM FALLING OFF A CLIFF!
nope sounds like loose rocks caused the fall while he was "hiking" so he wouldn't have fallen had he not been "hiking".

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2010, 03:14:22 PM »
Serious question: Should the United States government ban hiking?
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline wildcatforlife

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2010, 03:15:31 PM »

Wow, after everything that's been said, this comment deserved some name-calling???   :dunno:  I'm sorry for all that's happened to you.

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2010, 03:16:04 PM »

^this. now that they have to pay for health care, it's too much of a risk to allow people to do it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2010, 03:16:53 PM »

Wow, after everything that's been said, this comment deserved some name-calling???   :dunno:  I'm sorry for all that's happened to you.

It wasn't that comment, just your general aura of douchieness.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2010, 03:21:53 PM »

^this. now that they have to pay for health care, it's too much of a risk to allow people to do it.

WORLD FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Clearly a State's rights issue....and there's no way Arkansas is going to do anything to discourage attractive Northerners from wandering out into the back woods.