Author Topic: A lot has been made about the chicken nuggets and mowing his own lawn  (Read 7545 times)

Offline goCats101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: A lot has been made about the chicken nuggets and mowing his own lawn
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 08:03:35 AM »
When I first read this thread title I thought you were referring to oscar as "The chicken nuggets". Would make a great nickname IMO.  :emawkid:

Offline DoyleLonnegan

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 10:01:38 AM »
Your AD says he will evaluate your performance at the end of the season.

How does this equate to your season going into the shitter?  WTF?

This is also after having lost 5 of 6 already.  With three of those losses coming to teams that ended up in the bottom half of the league.

But it wasn't Weber's fault.  :flush:

It's pretty infuriating that he's running to all his coachbuddies to spread lies about how our AD somehow cheated him.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 10:09:37 AM »

This is also after having lost 5 of 6 already.  With three of those losses coming to teams that ended up in the bottom half of the league.

But it wasn't Weber's fault.  :flush:

It's pretty infuriating that he's running to all his coachbuddies to spread lies about how our AD somehow cheated him.
:thumbs:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 10:13:18 AM »
huggins did the same crap. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »
There may still be some frustration boiling over regarding Martin's decision to leave K-State, and that's understandable. But most people who know college basketball inside and out say K-State made a great hire — a hire they say the fans should embrace.

who said this?

who is 'most people who know college basketball inside and out?'

gottlieb, okay, he's neutral. but he's also being kind because he doesn't want to bash the hire publicly after lobbying for the job. the rest are friends of weber. so, who is 'most people?' because 'most people' in manhattan killed the hire. 'most people' in the midwest media killed the hire. 'most people' in the national media, save for jeff goodman at cbs, laughed and mocked and ridiculed the hire.

so, the question i guess is this:

how many people know college basketball inside and out?
of those people, how many think 'k-state made a great hire that the fanbase should embrace.'

can we quantify this somehow?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 10:32:50 AM »

And poor old frank just had Shakey, Art, and Ron Everhart.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2012, 10:37:04 AM »

Yeah, Huggins and Weber are both tremendous assholes.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2012, 10:40:22 AM »
There may still be some frustration boiling over regarding Martin's decision to leave K-State, and that's understandable. But most people who know college basketball inside and out say K-State made a great hire — a hire they say the fans should embrace.

who said this?

gottlieb, okay, he's neutral. but he's also being kind because he doesn't want to bash the hire publicly after lobbying for the job. the rest are friends of weber. so, who is 'most people?' because 'most people' in manhattan killed the hire. 'most people' in the midwest media killed the hire. 'most people' in the national media, save for jeff goodman at cbs, laughed and mocked and ridiculed the hire.

of those people, how many think 'k-state made a great hire that the fanbase should embrace.'

The hardest part to define is "know basketball". If it only includes current and former coaches, I would guess most would say k-state made a great hire no matter who we hired from their little circle of friends.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2012, 11:15:13 AM »
When I first read this thread title I thought you were referring to oscar as "The chicken nuggets". Would make a great nickname IMO.  :emawkid:

I think "General chicken nuggets" would be a little bit better.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »

Waiting for his last stand.....impatiently. 

Offline Illiniphil85

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2012, 11:22:51 AM »

One of the worst pieces of revisionist history I've ever read. Seems he's not content with still landing another gig, he's unwilling to own up to his last one. Good luck, the man has more excuses than Doan's has pills. Weeks after the fact when most of us haterz are well past ready to turn the page, he still can't shut up and move on. I'd like to think that you guys would have better luck with him, but it's tough to learn from your mistakes when you did nothing wrong.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2012, 11:23:38 AM »

Waiting for his last stand.....impatiently.

It won't be long until he gets ambushed by "Sitting Bill".
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:30:32 AM by Nuts Kicked »

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2012, 11:35:20 AM »
Actually the Gottliebs have some connection with Weber.  Doug is a big-time oscar supporter.  Not at all neutral. 

who said this?

My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Illiniphil85

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2012, 11:46:41 AM »
http://alioneye.com/

A take on the article from a respected Illini Blogger

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2012, 12:14:30 PM »

already tired of the illinois posters here. worse than sys.

Offline botb9

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2012, 12:39:44 PM »

already tired of the illinois posters here. worse than sys.

Why tired of us? We can appreciate that you'll give oscar a chance, but don't let anyone fool you -- including Weber -- on how and why he was let go. The lack of a vote of confidence from Mike Thomas was not the final straw. The fact that Weber is trying to essentially rewrite the account of his history, and that people are willing to buy it because he's a nice guy, is disingenuous at best, and it especially makes Illinois fans appear ungrateful and wishy-washy. In reality, Weber's last six seasons fell short of expectations set by the Lou Henson-Lon Kruger-Bill Self years. It got to the point where major donors to the program were willing to pony up their own dollars to take care of Weber's buyout so we could go out and get whoever we needed.

Maybe Weber can build up something for KStaters to be proud of like he built up Southern Illinois. His coaching ability is respected by many. It's his lack of a thick skin and his admitted failure to build toughness in his players that derailed the Illinois program and left it where it is today, rebuilding with a new coach and a whole lot of raw talent that, for the most part, doesn't know how to run an offense. If Weber can repair those mistakes and get back to what made him successful at SIU, then KSU will be better off for it.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »
things went astray when people stopped being butthurt about his record and started being butthurt about the things he says.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2012, 01:15:41 PM »
things went astray when people stopped being butthurt about his record and started being butthurt about the things he says.

I haven't stopped being butthurt about his record.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2012, 01:33:57 PM »

I haven't stopped being butthurt about his record.

Yeah, his record isn't currently changing, but he is currently saying stupid crap that is worth being butthurt about.
:adios:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2012, 01:38:38 PM »
Why tired of us? We can appreciate that you'll give oscar a chance, but don't let anyone fool you -- including Weber -- on how and why he was let go. The lack of a vote of confidence from Mike Thomas was not the final straw. The fact that Weber is trying to essentially rewrite the account of his history, and that people are willing to buy it because he's a nice guy, is disingenuous at best, and it especially makes Illinois fans appear ungrateful and wishy-washy. In reality, Weber's last six seasons fell short of expectations set by the Lou Henson-Lon Kruger-Bill Self years. It got to the point where major donors to the program were willing to pony up their own dollars to take care of Weber's buyout so we could go out and get whoever we needed.

Maybe Weber can build up something for KStaters to be proud of like he built up Southern Illinois. His coaching ability is respected by many. It's his lack of a thick skin and his admitted failure to build toughness in his players that derailed the Illinois program and left it where it is today, rebuilding with a new coach and a whole lot of raw talent that, for the most part, doesn't know how to run an offense. If Weber can repair those mistakes and get back to what made him successful at SIU, then KSU will be better off for it.

dude, know what you are. you're illinois. you're not appreciably better than northwestern in football, and your hoops isn't - and never has been - a national powerhouse. your best year came with weber at the helm. now he's gone. deal with it.

your new coach wouldn't have been hired if he didn't win a pair of games in the tournament. he will fail, and fail miserably, and you weird illinois fans with your stupid, highly overrated orange crush student section will be sobbing for weber and wishing he'd come back to champaign to eat your chicken nuggets and mow your lawns and pick up your dry cleaning.

so please, take your former racist mascot chief illinigook, your disloyal athletic director, your ugly fans and your papa del's pizza and go away. i think jim croce or john grossi or jim crocket or (whoever) is about to reel in a big 2-star forward to add to his top 200 recruiting class which will combine with your weak-minded, undisciplined loser players.

have fun in the CBI.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2012, 01:49:23 PM »
dude, know what you are. you're illinois. you're not appreciably better than northwestern in football, and your hoops isn't - and never has been - a national powerhouse. your best year came with weber at the helm. now he's gone. deal with it.

your new coach wouldn't have been hired if he didn't win a pair of games in the tournament. he will fail, and fail miserably, and you weird illinois fans with your stupid, highly overrated orange crush student section will be sobbing for weber and wishing he'd come back to champaign to eat your chicken nuggets and mow your lawns and pick up your dry cleaning.

so please, take your former racist mascot chief illinigook, your disloyal athletic director, your ugly fans and your papa del's pizza and go away. i think jim croce or john grossi or jim crocket or (whoever) is about to reel in a big 2-star forward to add to his top 200 recruiting class which will combine with your weak-minded, undisciplined loser players.

have fun in the CBI.

:horrorsurprise:

Offline DoyleLonnegan

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2012, 02:04:29 PM »

have fun in the CBI.

What's the best, most foolproof way that I can save this so it's readily available in 2015-16?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2012, 02:06:46 PM »

have fun in the CBI.

What's the best, most foolproof way that I can save this so it's readily available in 2015-16?
Tattoo
:adios:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2012, 02:16:36 PM »

take a screen shot. they can be preserved.

then you can come back and write a song about it, croce.