Author Topic: McNeese State 2014 Fall Football Outlook  (Read 129626 times)

Offline FormerPokeCenter

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: McNeese State 2014 Fall Football Outlook
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2014, 09:50:50 PM »
Doc, you know that dog is a freakin' beast!  I'm not the only big guy he's taken down...and, FYI, there ain't anything miniature about him.  He's full growed!  ;)

Offline McNeese72

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2014, 09:52:55 PM »
Hey do your jerseys still all say "COWBOYS" on the back where the names are supposed to be?

Nah, now both the away and the home jerseys just say McNeese on the back.   For awhile the home jerseys said Cowboys and the away jerseys said McNeese.   This is a tradition started by one of our best Coaches Jack Doland back in the early 70's.   He came in and said he was taking the individual names off the jerseys because we were going to play as a team not a bunch of individuals.   And due to his success (we won the first ever Indy Bowl against Tulsa under him), there has only been one coach try to go back to names on the jerseys and he didn't last very long.

Funny story from when we played Miami in the old Orange Bowl stadium in 2000.   Our Qb's came out to warmup with the McNeese on the back of their jerseys.   One of the stadium workers asked some of our fans if the Qb's were brothers because they had the same last name.

Doc

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2014, 09:53:33 PM »
Too many winky faces :sdeek:

Offline McNeese72

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2014, 09:57:04 PM »
Doc, you know that dog is a freakin' beast!  I'm not the only big guy he's taken down...and, FYI, there ain't anything miniature about him.  He's full growed!  ;)

Yeah, a real beast.

Doc

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2014, 09:58:59 PM »
Does letting SAMs transfer to McNeese State hurt the image of our program?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline FormerPokeCenter

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2014, 10:02:51 PM »

When you're a BCS team fresh off a year where your team lost to a Division II school from the Missouri Valley Football Conference, I'd say having one of your former players transfer to a team in his home state is the LEAST of your worries...

But, who knows.  Maybe losing to schools with 22 fewer scholarships is no big deal to you guys...

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2014, 10:08:03 PM »
I'm over it.  :cool:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2014, 10:10:52 PM »
#titletown, tho

Offline McNeese72

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2014, 10:13:35 PM »

When you're a BCS team fresh off a year where your team lost to a Division II school from the Missouri Valley Football Conference, I'd say having one of your former players transfer to a team in his home state is the LEAST of your worries...

But, who knows.  Maybe losing to schools with 22 fewer scholarships is no big deal to you guys...

Jay,

I can see you are going to fit in perfectly with the posters on this board.

With all the button pushing.

Doc

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2014, 10:15:19 PM »
Sams is undoubtedly a quality athlete.  But, he won't be the "best athlete" we've had.  Not by a long shot...

That would be Stephen Starring, who was a QB for us, but got drafted in the 2nd round as a WR by New England. 

4.2 in the 40, 10.38 in the 100, 13.7 in the 110 highs, over 26 in the long jump and over 50 in the triple jump.  In 83, he won four events at the conference championship and went on to run in the NCAA championships in the 110 highs.  The next year, 84,  he went on to the NFL and set a Superbowl record for most kick off return yards.  That same year, some guy named Al Joyner, who finished 2nd to Stephen at the conference championships had a banner year, too, winning the Gold at the Los Angeles Olympics in the triple jump. 

As to QBs, Kerry Joseph's the best QB we've had, followed closely by Starring, who was the Indy Bowl Offensive MVP in a game that featured Louis Lipps, Sammy Winder and Reggie Collier.   I'd put a kid named Derrick Fourroux at number 3 and several after that.   

Sams has the potential to be in the top three, but he'd have to prove it on the field...

Interesting site.  I woulda thought you guys would be more realistic about FCS talent after last year  ;) 

You guys musta been depleted with injuries or something for the Bison to come in an get a win like that.

In all seriousness, what the hell happened in that game?

I mean BESIDES getting your asses kicked by a buncha Division II players ;) 

Shutup FormerPokeCenter. What do you know, you obviously haven't played D-1 football like everyone else on this blogsite.

LOL!   Well, he is one of he few OL that I know that ran hurdles in track.   At least, until he got his knees blown out.   Of course, his only claim to fame in the last few years was getting taken down by our tailgate area guard dog, Rowdy.   Rowdy is a miniature dachsund.   ;)

Doc

Wally?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2014, 10:16:18 PM »

A VERY GOOD bizon team with 16 seniors coming off back-to-back FCS titles came in and outplayed us and exploited our inexperience. 

No excuses, however we were trying to replace the Heisman runner up, a WR drafted in 4th rd, and 9 of 11 defensive starters in the first game of the season against a very good, and well seasoned football team that knew how to close out games.

I'm of the belief that we'd win that game by 14-17 points or more by mid-season or later. OR, if our coaches would've had the good sense to attack them with DSams far more in the 2H once we went up 21-7.

In 2003, we beat the past season's FCS runners up 55-14 when we returned a seasoned team tho.   ;)

I can appreciate that, but...still....NDSU only has 63 schollies and you guys had 85....and you still got beat???

You guys are BCS and have a 22 scholly advantage....and NDSU is only Division II...and yet you still got beat.  WTF???
[/quote]

I know, right?!?!  We shoulda scheduled some shithole Southland Conference cupcake and that crap woulda never happened...

:lol:
bears are fast...

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2014, 10:21:12 PM »
Hey do your jerseys still all say "COWBOYS" on the back where the names are supposed to be?

Nah, now both the away and the home jerseys just say McNeese on the back.
That is not one iota better.  Poor Daniel.  Poor all of your players.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline FormerPokeCenter

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2014, 10:22:12 PM »

I know, right?!?!  We shoulda scheduled some shithole Southland Conference cupcake and that crap woulda never happened...

:lol:
[/quote]

I dunno...you were up 21-7 over a Div II school and still got beat.  I don't know that you can safely assume scheduling the SLC would've been any different...

That's okay, NDSU had to come from behind to win a conference game against 3-8 Northern Iowa, too....

You guys ever think about joining the Missouri Valley Conference???

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2014, 10:22:54 PM »
FormerPokeCenter is a sock.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2014, 10:28:04 PM »
Sorry to interrupt your terrible back-and-forth banter, but we'll let sams go to your weird school if you let him put "Sams" on the back of his jersey but nobody else. Or "#life", your choice.

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2014, 10:28:46 PM »
hey guise, did you know we lost to ndsu last season?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2014, 10:32:07 PM »
I'm over it.  :cool:

I think everybody is.... I wonder if FPC got to partake in the 55-14 beatdown.  Could explain the butt hurt.

:dunno:
bears are fast...

Offline FormerPokeCenter

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2014, 10:32:24 PM »
Well, you did manage to beat Michigan in your bowl game.  That should take the sting out of losing to a Division II squad.  Look at what beating Michigan did for App State when they were Div II  ;)

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2014, 10:33:18 PM »
Sometimes I think McNesse fans would rather watch emaw lose rather than enjoying their own teams success.  It's something that I'm struggling with understanding.

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2014, 10:36:03 PM »
in case nobody was paying attention, kstate lost to a divII team last year. i mean, how is that possible? lets talk about this.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2014, 10:36:28 PM »

Surely somebody smart enough to create a 'neeser sock would know how to switch up the emoticons, tho... Amirite?
bears are fast...

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2014, 10:37:24 PM »

Surely somebody smart enough to create a 'neeser sock would know how to switch up the emoticons, tho... Amirite?

That's the only thing that has me second guessing it.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2014, 10:40:58 PM »
This thread was good  :frown:

Offline FormerPokeCenter

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2014, 10:41:51 PM »

I think everybody is.... I wonder if FPC got to partake in the 55-14 beatdown.  Could explain the butt hurt.

:dunno:
[/quote]

Butthurt?  Nah....I'm just incredulous that a BCS team with a 22 scholly advantage, and world-beater backups who elect to transfer because - apparently - the starters are all first round quality,  managed to lose to a Division II school, despite being up 21-7...

If that qualifies as butthurt here, so be it ;)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2014, 10:43:07 PM »
Nick Florences Beard, I see you up there. I have high hopes for your posting.