Author Topic: Boehner Paper  (Read 4366 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Boehner Paper
« on: July 13, 2013, 11:20:04 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: Boehner Paper
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 11:27:01 AM »
The Senate bill creates an extremely difficult path to citizenship, and increases border security to miltary-like levels.  Senator Rubio practically wrote the thing, and the majority of Republicans in the House still won't pass it.  The temper tantrum over President Obama's election/re-election is never going to end.  The country has never been more divided, except for maybe back during the Civil War era.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 11:52:23 AM »
The Senate bill creates an extremely difficult path to citizenship, and increases border security to miltary-like levels.  Senator Rubio practically wrote the thing, and the majority of Republicans in the House still won't pass it.  The temper tantrum over President Obama's election/re-election is never going to end.  The country has never been more divided, except for maybe back during the Civil War era.

Oh good grief.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Boehner Paper
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 12:06:27 PM »
The country has never been more divided except for maybe when it was literally rough ridin' divided.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 12:06:42 PM »
the senate bill is a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  good that the house hates the senate too much to pass it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Boehner Paper
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 12:08:56 PM »

"Pangea hasn't been this divided since Obama was president!"
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 12:13:43 PM »
Secession then:

SECESSION NOW!:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 12:16:37 PM »
Disagreements then:

Disagreements NOW!:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 12:17:06 PM »
man, what if new mexico and arizona were still north-south instead of east-west.  it'd change everything.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 12:18:33 PM »
Black people then:

Black people now:

TWO SIMILARITIES!  AND JUST ONE LITTLE DIFFERENCE!

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 12:36:06 PM »
Who crawled up bentren's ass and died? 

:sdeek:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 12:46:33 PM »

just admit that you said a stupid thing, bro.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 12:48:02 PM »
More divided than when the prior speaker of the house called the sitting president a liar?  More divided than during Vietnam?  No, its got to be the civil war.

I vote we just give up and let the two parties draw lots for states.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 12:49:50 PM »
More divided than when the prior speaker of the house called the sitting president a liar?  More divided than during Vietnam?  No, its got to be the civil war.

let's try east/west this time. where do you think the population divide would be? i bet it's east of the mississippi.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 12:58:30 PM »

let's try east/west this time. where do you think the population divide would be? i bet it's east of the mississippi.

Since congress would be involved, its got to be gerrymandered as eff.  Whatever line drawn would end up resembling something that offended someone, then theyd have to start over.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 01:05:04 PM »

just admit that you said a stupid thing, bro.

Not really.  President Obama faced more filibusters in his first term than any other President in the history of the US.  Republican obstructionism in the House has prevented tons of good, bipartisan legislation from getting passed . 

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_times_have_republicans_filibustered_Obama

According to the Senate Historical Office, since the president took office, there have been a record number of filibusters; Republicans in the senate united to block nearly every major proposal that the Obama administration made, rather than letting such proposals receive an up-or-down vote on the floor of the senate, as used to be the custom. By some counts, there have been more than one hundred filibusters since 2009 (counting the refusal to confirm judges, that number rises even further); these filibusters included bills or proposals that Republicans previously had supported.

Among the bills Republicans filibustered were:
H.R. 12 - Paycheck Fairness Act
H.R. 448 -- Elder Abuse Victims Act
H.R. 466 - Wounded Veteran Job Security Act
H.R. 515 - Radioactive Import Deterrence Act
H.R. 549 -- National Bombing Prevention Act
H.R. 577 - Vision Care for Kids Act
H.R. 626 - Federal Employees Paid Parental Leave Act
H.R. 1029 - Alien Smuggling and Terrorism Prevention Act
H.R. 1168 -- Veterans Retraining Act
H.R. 1171 - Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program Reauthorization
H.R. 1293 -- Disabled Veterans Home Improvement and Structural Alteration Grant Increase Act
H.R. 1429 -- Stop AIDS in Prison Act
H.R.5281 -- DREAM Act
S.3985 -- Emergency Senior Citizens Relief Act
S.3816 -- Creating American Jobs and Ending Offshoring Act
S.3369 -- DISCLOSE Act, A bill to provide for additional disclosure requirements for corporations, labor organizations, Super PACs and other entities
S.2237 -- Small Business Jobs and Tax Relief Act
S.2343 -- Stop the Student Loan Interest Rate Hike Act
S.1660 -- American Jobs Act of 2011
S.3457 -- Veterans Jobs Corps Act

Gerrymandering has gotten so bad that only a handful of districts are even competitive any more.  What we're seeing now is highly conservative districts "primary" any Republican representative who shows a hint of being moderate or being able to compromise.  You can scoff at the notion that the political environment in Washington is as toxic and divided as its ever been, but I'm not the only one who has noticed.  Obama is the modern Jackie Robinson, the first minority President in our country's history, and he is facing an unprecedented amount of political opposition from the Republican party.  You know it's bad when Marco Rubio's personally drafted immigration bill can't even get a vote in the House.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 01:17:25 PM »
Guys, president Obama faced tons of filibusters

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 01:18:02 PM »

Since congress would be involved, its got to be gerrymandered as eff.  Whatever line drawn would end up resembling something that offended someone, then theyd have to start over.

it would probably look like a salamander :lol:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 01:26:44 PM »
SECESSION NOW!:

I'm not sure where Ft Collins falls on that map, but for the most part those counties can GTFO.  The people who go "we're in the minority, lets quit this government and make our own" are a bunch of pussies.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 01:42:43 PM by ChiCat »

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 01:41:26 PM »
man, what if new mexico and arizona were still north-south instead of east-west.  it'd change everything.

Is it sad that my first thought when reading this was how that would affect conference realignment?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 01:44:20 PM »
The Senate bill doubles the size of the US border patrol, from 21,000 to 38,000.  This is on top of the fact that the US border patrol doubled in size just ten years ago, from 10,000 to 21,000, after 9/11.  Ironically, the "small government" conservatives fully support the border patrol surge part of the immigration bill, and want to vote on it separately.  Everything else in the bill involving actual compromise, which includes a path to citizenship for over 11 million people, will likely be unable to pass in the House. 

http://krwg.org/post/immigration-compromise-not-satisfying-skeptics-border

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 01:55:43 PM »

The senate bill gives the secretary of homeland security the power to do whatever they want with regards to border security. The day after the bill is signed they can proclaim the border secure an do nothing.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 01:59:02 PM »

The senate bill gives the secretary of homeland security the power to do whatever they want with regards to border security. The day after the bill is signed they can proclaim the border secure an do nothing.

They are fully capable of doing nothing without signing the bill

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 02:10:20 PM »
no one ever answered my question in the other thread.  why do people that say, "we need to secure the border", say that we need to secure the border?  to what end?  for what benefit? 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 02:29:30 PM »
no one ever answered my question in the other thread.  why do people that say, "we need to secure the border", say that we need to secure the border?  to what end?  for what benefit?

Securing the border is their end.  That is their benefit.