Author Topic: Boehner Paper  (Read 4338 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: Boehner Paper
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 02:31:05 PM »
The Senate bill creates an extremely difficult path to citizenship, and increases border security to miltary-like levels.  Senator Rubio practically wrote the thing, and the majority of Republicans in the House still won't pass it.  The temper tantrum over President Obama's election/re-election is never going to end.  The country has never been more divided, except for maybe back during the Civil War era.

The senate bill gives the secretary of homeland security the power to do whatever they want with regards to border security. The day after the bill is signed they can proclaim the border secure an do nothing.

http://krwg.org/post/immigration-compromise-not-satisfying-skeptics-border

TUCSON, Ariz. — The U.S. Senate is expected to vote today on a surge of border enforcement that would virtually double the infrastructure and manpower already in place along the nation’s borders. Though along the U.S.-Mexico border, many say they are skeptical of the new plan.

The announced rush of agents and fencing to the border surprised many people. The plan, authored by Republican Senators John Hoeven of North Dakota and Bob Corker of Tennessee, calls for nearly doubling the U.S. Border Patrol from 21,000 to 38,000 agents. It will also add another 700 miles of fencing to the border and increase aerial and radar surveillance of the borderlands – all at a cost of at least $30 billion.

In Washington D.C., politicians called it a major compromise aimed at passing the most sweeping immigration reform in a generation. On the border, however, skeptics call it something else.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »
If people want to come into this country, I'm sorry, we're closed now.   Blame your ancestors. 

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013, 02:56:16 PM »
no one ever answered my question in the other thread.  why do people that say, "we need to secure the border", say that we need to secure the border?  to what end?  for what benefit?

What's the benefit of millions more minimally educated low-wage workers that will be receiving more from the state than pay in?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2013, 03:25:43 PM »
What's the benefit of millions more minimally educated low-wage workers that will be receiving more from the state than pay in?

but why try to keep them out at the border?  you don't have to secure your border to restrict access to employment.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2013, 03:52:33 PM »

but why try to keep them out at the border?  you don't have to secure your border to restrict access to employment.

I agree, but we already have laws against illegal aliens working, but those laws (and probably future laws) are ignored or selectively enforced.

Remember how the "self deportation" comment was reacted to by democrats. RACIST

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2013, 04:12:04 PM »
I agree.

good.  that's you, me and kat kid.  just 300 million to go and we'll have a consensus.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2013, 05:15:37 PM »
I agree.

good.  that's you, me and kat kid.  just 300 million to go and we'll have a consensus.

you guys agreeing doesn't mean crap. the key is you all voting for someone who agrees.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2013, 07:48:29 PM »
you guys agreeing doesn't mean crap. the key is you all voting for someone who agrees.

i don't think that's going to work.  let's just put it on as a ballot initiative.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:55:42 AM by sys »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2013, 12:21:50 AM »

Seems like it would be easier to keep them out at the border than police all employment.  Either way, I'd rather they just stick with the cheap labor and let they states decide whether they want to bankrupt themselves with welfare.

Also, illegal border crossing is a serious health safety and welfare issue that is completely ignored in all of this.  Which favors border security.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2013, 01:04:00 AM »
Seems like it would be easier to keep them out at the border than police all employment.  Either way, I'd rather they just stick with the cheap labor and let they states decide whether they want to bankrupt themselves with welfare.

Also, illegal border crossing is a serious health safety and welfare issue that is completely ignored in all of this.  Which favors border security.

it seems way easier to police employment.  all you need is a decent id system and penalties for flouting the law.  way less costly and causes way less distortion than trying to stop anyone from crossing a two thousand mile long invisible line.  not to mention that currently (with the allegedly unsecured, horribly porous border), something like 40% of illegals arrive legally and overstay their visas.

illegally crossing the border is a health and welfare issue because in order to cross a border that we attempt to secure, people pay violent, amoral criminals to smuggle them across and/or attempt to cross in areas that have inhospitable, dangerous climates and terrains.  stop trying to secure the border and that all immediately goes away.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2013, 01:45:20 AM »
Well, rather than forfeit our sovereignty, why don't we annex Mexico while the getting is is good.

You're drastically simplifying things in your favor. 
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2013, 01:54:42 AM »
Well, rather than forfeit our sovereignty, why don't we annex Mexico while the getting is is good.

You're drastically simplifying things in your favor.

sorry for making things simple.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2013, 10:13:42 AM »
What does sovereignty mean to you?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Boehner Paper
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2013, 10:17:35 AM »
What does sovereignty mean to you?
No goddamn messicans.
:adios:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 01:23:33 PM »
no one ever answered my question in the other thread.  why do people that say, "we need to secure the border", say that we need to secure the border?  to what end?  for what benefit?

They won't receive more than their employers pay in, and their employers need them.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2013, 01:52:17 PM »

Tighter employer verification standards will only go so far to prevent illegal employment, and they do nothing to stop the various other problems associated with uncontrolled borders. For example:
- Anchor babies.
- Narcotics.
- "Free" access to health care and other benefits.

Of course, liberals would disagree that any of these things are a "problem."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:01:30 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2013, 01:53:18 PM »

Tighter employer verification standards will only go so far to prevent illegal employment, and they do nothing to stop the various other problems associated with uncontrolled borders. For example:
- Anchor babies.
- Narcotics.
- "Free" access to health care.

Unfortunately, your solution is worse than the problem.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2013, 01:55:24 PM »

- Anchor babies.
- Narcotics.

Wait - what's my solution?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2013, 02:02:12 PM »

They won't receive more than their employers pay in, and their employers need them.

Much will depend on how may children they have, but the majority of them will when you figure in food stamps, subsidized obamacare, and other tax credits.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2013, 02:05:04 PM »

- Anchor babies.
- Narcotics.

See page 25.

http://www.gop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/2012GOPPlatform.pdf

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2013, 02:11:19 PM »

Much will depend on how may children they have, but the majority of them will when you figure in food stamps, subsidized obamacare, and other tax credits.

Just how much does the average illegal immigrant earn? $20,000? $30,000? Do you have any reputable stats to show that uneducated illegal immigrants are creating a net loss on the US economy?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2013, 02:22:00 PM »

- Anchor babies.
- Narcotics.

See page 25.

Wow, my solution actually sounds pretty good, except for border fence, which seems like a waste of money. Thanks.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2013, 02:28:06 PM »

- Anchor babies.
- Narcotics.

See page 25.

Wow, my solution actually sounds pretty good, except for border fence, which seems like a waste of money. Thanks.

The problem with your system is that it forces employers to select from unqualified applicants who are unwilling to work the number of hours for the same pay as an illegal immigrant. It inflates the cost of US goods beyond what the free market dictates while reducing the quality of those goods due to the poor quality of the work provided by the unemployed US citizens. This shrinks the US economy, leading to unemployment, reduced government tax revenue, and more entitlement spending. All it really accomplishes is keeping Mexicans in Mexico.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2013, 03:13:37 PM »

- Anchor babies.
- Narcotics.

See page 25.

The problem with your system is that it forces employers to select from unqualified applicants who are unwilling to work the number of hours for the same pay as an illegal immigrant. It inflates the cost of US goods beyond what the free market dictates while reducing the quality of those goods due to the poor quality of the work provided by the unemployed US citizens. This shrinks the US economy, leading to unemployment, reduced government tax revenue, and more entitlement spending. All it really accomplishes is keeping Mexicans in Mexico.

Ah, the old "doing the work Americans just won't do, and doing it better, too" line.  :rolleyes: If anything, this seems like an argument for abolishing the minimum wage, rather than employing a slave class.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »
Ah, the old "doing the work Americans just won't do, and doing it better, too" line.  :rolleyes:

Americans will do the job if you pay them more and give them more time off. They won't perform at the same level, though. If they were hard working people, they wouldn't be unemployed.