Author Topic: Game of Thrones SHOW thread for people who are confused by the book thread  (Read 369749 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
he's dead guys, grrm had a thing on hbo about how he's def dead and the scene was more about showing arya walk away instead of the hounds death
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
so, back to arya and the hound.  somebody explain the story arch of that relationship.  I'm confused why her character just left him for dead instead of putting him out of his misery.  I mean, at first blush, the hound is a heartless eff face that takes helpless Arya "prisoner" for self gain.  but then, the show chooses to develop their characters and their relationship over an entire season.  by the end, the hound's character has developed into a likeable father figure and arya embraces him.  this development culminates with her mending his neck wound 'n such.   

and then, in the last episode when he's facing death, she's just like, ahh, eff off, robs him, and leaves him for dead. 

I guess it just shows that the hound had successfully molded her into a survivor, devoid of any moral fortitude (i.e. robbing/killing the guy who took them in). 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I don't even know what is going on with Rickon.

Yeah, that's an interesting aspect. Where were Rickon and Osha going again?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
The show does a less than thorough job of getting the viewers into Aryas head.  She is, and has been, basically solely focused on revenge since the butcher boy was killed and has been sliding down that slope since.  Her time with the hound only steeled her in her view that the world rough ridin' sucks, that there is no safety, and that she needs to become physically able to punish fools.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile

i thought they were headed for the wall and jon snow

so wtf happened to them?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

i thought they were headed for the wall and jon snow

so wtf happened to them?

I thought they were splitting up from bran and going to the Umbers or some other fam loyal to the starks.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Yeah, in the show he and Osha head for the Umbers' place.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
i'm really glad the show hasn't mentioned boiled leather even once

How have they faired with nipples on a breast plate?  I rough ridin' hate the word mummer.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Much and more

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Meat and mead

I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i'm really glad the show hasn't mentioned boiled leather even once

How have they faired with nipples on a breast plate?  I rough ridin' hate the word mummer.   

That's a good one.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Meat and mead

meat and mead is awesome

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Much and more

a couple of times in the new novella short story.

*I hate the word novella. I'm referring to them as short stories from now on.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:12:47 AM by Metalhead »

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Much and more

*I hate the word novella. I'm referring to the as short stories from now on.

they really need a word for a novel that is much longer than the median novel

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Much and more

tome

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Much and more

a song of ice and fire

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
so, back to arya and the hound.  somebody explain the story arch of that relationship.  I'm confused why her character just left him for dead instead of putting him out of his misery.  I mean, at first blush, the hound is a heartless eff face that takes helpless Arya "prisoner" for self gain.  but then, the show chooses to develop their characters and their relationship over an entire season.  by the end, the hound's character has developed into a likeable father figure and arya embraces him.  this development culminates with her mending his neck wound 'n such.   

and then, in the last episode when he's facing death, she's just like, ahh, eff off, robs him, and leaves him for dead. 

I guess it just shows that the hound had successfully molded her into a survivor, devoid of any moral fortitude (i.e. robbing/killing the guy who took them in). 

I dunno. I haven't read the books but I think metalhead's right in that some of the more emotional scenes from the book are coming off a little rough in the show. That scene felt weird and so have a few others. I mean, I think it was right for the show that she just left him there, but something felt off in the execution.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I dunno. I haven't read the books but I think metalhead's right in that some of the more emotional scenes from the book are coming off a little rough in the show. That scene felt weird and so have a few others. I mean, I think it was right for the show that she just left him there, but something felt off in the execution.

Just because a guy got you a horse does not make up for the fact that he killed your friend. Arya came to respect the Hound a bit, but that doesn't mean she still didn't want revenge.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Just because a guy got you a horse does not make up for the fact that he killed your friend. Arya came to respect the Hound a bit, but that doesn't mean she still didn't want revenge.

yep that's why I said it made sense that she left him.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Arya has been getting a crash course in becoming a hardened killer just as Sansa is getting one in being a Machiavellian political manipulator.  They've each had excellent teachers thus far and just as importantly tremendous motivation in the form of wrongs done to them and the necessity of surviving on their own.  They've had little choice but to adapt.  Depending on how long the story runs they both could become forces to be reckoned with. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

yep that's why I said it made sense that she left him.

And yet, she cleaned up the wound on his neck instead of letting it fester. It's not consistent. Would have been GoT-esque for her to befriend her enemy, which is where things appeared to be going. The way it ended was just muddled.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
You are a simpleton
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile