Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3258974 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2013, 03:09:24 PM »
nothing is worse than losing to an FCS team

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2013, 03:12:45 PM »
i hope KU wins for TSC but i don't think they're going to.  they really didn't look too good last saturday, metro sports HD tho

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

catzacker

« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2013, 03:13:24 PM »
K-State football just lost to an FCS school at home and has a coach who is old as eff and who appears to be entering the initial stages of dementia, but yeah, KU football... HUR HUR HUR!!!

I don't get it either.  And coming off a big 12 championship and with the backdrop of having ran the program into the ground after winning a conf title the first time.  Good luck vs Rice, Beems.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2013, 03:27:40 PM »
K-State football just lost to an FCS school at home and has a coach who is old as eff and who appears to be entering the initial stages of dementia, but yeah, KU football... HUR HUR HUR!!!

I don't get it either.  And coming off a big fizz championship and with the backdrop of having ran the program into the ground after winning a conf title the first time.  Good luck vs Rice, Beems.

Thanks, zacker.

:Cheers:

i hope KU wins for TSC but i don't think they're going to.  they really didn't look too good last saturday, metro sports HD tho

I've got Rice winning 38-28, and it's not because I think KU's bad.  I thought Rice looked pretty solid against A&M a couple weeks ago.  Plus, KU's got a lot of new starters on both sides of the ball, and we've traditionally struggled to win road games.  If KU wins I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2013, 03:32:21 PM »
i really didn't think you guys looked too good last weekend but we'll see, like you said, it just takes a while. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2013, 03:37:27 PM »
 :tsc:
@mikec2w

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2013, 03:37:39 PM »
i really didn't think you guys looked too good last weekend but we'll see, like you said, it just takes a while.

I didn't think K-State looked that good against North Dakota State this year, and I didn't think you looked that great against Eastern Kentucky a few years ago either.  We'll see.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2013, 03:39:42 PM »

I didn't think K-State looked that good against North Dakota State this year, and I didn't think you looked that great against Eastern Kentucky a few years ago either.  We'll see.

we don't have as much to prove as you.  until you do something other than win 1 game a season, i'm inclined to think you're still a 1 win a season team.  i hope this makes sense.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2013, 03:41:02 PM »
just have to get a little confidence in the boys over there and that all starts with winning...good luck to beems and the rest of the hawks this year

:cheers:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 12, 2013, 03:41:20 PM »
You have to keep in mind that KU was playing their first game of the season with a new QB when everybody else was playing their second. I think KU gives Rice all they can handle and sneaks away with a victory. Heaps looks better than Crist and while Rice looks pretty decent, they are still Rice.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 12, 2013, 03:41:40 PM »

counting scrimmages as wins is worse, imo

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2013, 03:42:15 PM »

nothing in the regular season is worse, tho

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2013, 03:46:37 PM »

nothing in the regular season is worse, tho

yes. pretending a practice is part of the regular season is pretty bad tho

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 12, 2013, 03:48:15 PM »
You have to keep in mind that KU was playing their first game of the season with a new QB when everybody else was playing their second. I think KU gives Rice all they can handle and sneaks away with a victory. Heaps looks better than Crist and while Rice looks pretty decent, they are still Rice.

My only concern for our TSC bros is accuracy.  Weiss said that Heaps is really accurate but only went 10 for 20.  Were a bunch of those drops or scrambles out of the pocket to avoid sacks?  I mean, shouldn't be nerves.  That wasn't his first game at this level.

Anyway, if they get that together and coach up the Juco's, they should be just fine. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 12, 2013, 03:49:29 PM »

My only concern for our TSC bros is accuracy.  Weiss said that Heaps is really accurate but only went 10 for 20.  Were a bunch of those drops or scrambles out of the pocket to avoid sacks?  I mean, shouldn't be nerves.  That wasn't his first game at this level.

Anyway, if they get that together and coach up the Juco's, they should be just fine.

I didn't see the game, but the Coach Weis show was on the other evening and he said that all of the incompletions were dropped passes and throwaways, so Heaps almost played a perfect game in his eyes.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2013, 03:54:01 PM »

I didn't see the game, but the Coach Weis show was on the other evening and he said that all of the incompletions were dropped passes and throwaways, so Heaps almost played a perfect game in his eyes.

Well, that is good news for our TSC bros if true.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2013, 03:55:23 PM »
1) Beems' new avatar looks pretty nifty.

2) Iowa State's game vs KU this year scares the crap out of me.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2013, 04:02:15 PM »

Did you think their white helmets looked good?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 12, 2013, 04:52:51 PM »
Michigan
Minnesota
Colorado State
Kansas
Iowa State
Kansas State

When will the carnage end?  :runaway:
vtech, etc.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2013, 04:55:37 PM »
Oregon State

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2013, 04:55:48 PM »
Beems predicting the loss vs Rice to lessen it is adorable. :D

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2013, 05:25:38 PM »
1) Beems' new avatar looks pretty nifty.

2) Iowa State's game vs KU this year scares the crap out of me.
it scares the crap out of everybody.  it's likely to set football back decades.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2013, 05:47:09 PM »
Fast Fact: Saturday will be the 2nd Super Bowl hosted by Rice stadium, its first taking place in 1974.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2013, 05:52:45 PM »

we don't have as much to prove as you.  until you do something other than win 1 game a season, i'm inclined to think you're still a 1 win a season team.  i hope this makes sense.

It doesn't make any sense.  KU has one 1-win season in the last 25 years.  That's really not the norm for KU.  Last year was a complete transition year for Weis and the football program.  Weis weeded out a bunch of players that didn't cut it athletically and/or academically, and took a short-term hit in order to set a precedent.  Even with that, KU was still able to run on teams last year, and almost pulled off a couple upsets (yeah, I know, moral victory HUR HUR HUR!!!).  Weis hired some good assistant coaches and a stud strength coach from Florida.  I don't know... this feels more like Mangino's second year to me than Turner Gill's.  It also looks to me like K-State has drifted back to the mean a little bit. 

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 12, 2013, 05:55:38 PM »
There's no where to go but up, Beems. :thumbs: