Author Topic: Shockers  (Read 94113 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Shockers
« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2014, 04:26:17 PM »
undefeated is undefeated.  st joe's got the 1 seed when they went 27-0 and so should wsu.

That St Joes team had two 1st round picks and the A10 was a 4 bid league that year. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison just because they are from mid major conferences.

And fwiw, they were blown out by 20 in their conf tourney game and still got a 1. If WSU gets blown out by 20 in the MVC tourney they would drop to a 3.

st joes also wears different uniforms than WSU so i guess you're right on the apples to oranges comparo, thanks TC for the "straightin' out" fwiw.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2014, 04:29:20 PM »
undefeated is undefeated.  st joe's got the 1 seed when they went 27-0 and so should wsu.

That St Joes team had two 1st round picks and the A10 was a 4 bid league that year. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison just because they are from mid major conferences.

And fwiw, they were blown out by 20 in their conf tourney game and still got a 1. If WSU gets blown out by 20 in the MVC tourney they would drop to a 3.

They should be a 3 seed even if they go undefeated.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2014, 04:37:09 PM »

st joes also wears different uniforms than WSU so i guess you're right on the apples to oranges comparo, thanks TC for the "straightin' out" fwiw.

Another fact I read about St Joes today is they play their home games in Philadelphia, which is nowhere near Wichita.  :surprised:

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »

Another fact I read about St Joes today is they play their home games in Philadelphia, which is nowhere near Wichita.  :surprised:

Confirmed. I checked a map.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2014, 04:59:40 PM »

So an undefeated team coming off of a final four should be no higher than a three seed?  Makes sense, if you're a complete dumbass.
@lopakman

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2014, 05:01:05 PM »
Yeah, that's dumb. They proved they belonged last year and they haven't lost since.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »

caution, wichita state success butthurt ahead!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 06, 2014, 05:57:33 PM »

caution, wichita state success butthurt ahead!

Yeah, lot's of self-righteous dumbasses being outed in this thread. Def don't hate WSU, and being from ICT I probably appreciate them more than most on this board, but do agree their hardcore fans get annoying really quick, they epitomize little man syndrome but most of the butthurt in this thread feels like the same damn thing. Kenpom has them at 9, and even their SOS is better than Louisville who is ahead of them, so take that for what it's worth. And it's not like the other undefeated 'Cuse is blowing people out of the water with their Pyth SOS (77 to WSU's 139). FWIW even if they drop a few they're still a good team that can make it to a Sweet 16 or E8, maybe FF if things fall right.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline chemhawk

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2014, 06:09:59 PM »

So an undefeated team coming off of a final four should be no higher than a three seed?  Makes sense, if you're a complete dumbass.

Definitely we should include last year's record in seeding.  McGruder gets KSU a 6 seed methinks.  Also, Kentucky's loss to Bobby Morris should knock them out of the tourney yes no?

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2014, 06:28:42 PM »

Definitely we should include last year's record in seeding.  McGruder gets KSU a 6 seed methinks.  Also, Kentucky's loss to Bobby Morris should knock them out of the tourney yes no?

Who said anything about last year's record chemsquawk?  I don't rough ridin' know how many games Wichita State won last year.  I know that they went to the final four last year and returned two NBA caliber players.  They're also undefeated, and for the second year in a row they have the best basketball team in state of Kansas. 
@lopakman

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2014, 07:49:56 PM »

See EMAWers this is what jealousy looks like, don't be this guy.

They returned their entire team from a final four squad you simp. This proves that they are capable of playing to seed despite their conference. I bet you've uttered the phrase "Bill Self should be picked to win the Big 12 until he loses it." Mouth breathing hypocrite.

Also any K-State or KU fan that criticizes their schedule should always add, "but their schedule would be better if my coach wasn't such a coward." At least Weber isn't a mealy mouthed liar, he has admitted to being scared.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:04:53 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2014, 08:01:04 PM »

See EMAWers this is what jealousy looks like, don't be this guy.

They returned their entire team from a final four squad you simp. This proves that they are capable of playing to seed despite their conference. I bet you've uttered the phrase "Bill Self should be picked to win the Big 12 until he loses it." Mouth breathing hypocrite.

Also any K-State out KU fan that criticizes their schedule should always add, "but their schedule would be better if my coach wasn't such a coward." At least Weber isn't a mealy mouthed liar, he has admitted to being scared.

WOW

Some strong sports takes here.  Charlie STRONG.  Boston STRONG.

I'm going to have to digest this for a while.  It's quite the mealy to swallow.

Offline chemhawk

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 06, 2014, 08:26:04 PM »

They returned their entire team from a final four squad you simp.

No, they didn't.  You're so close.  Get there.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 06, 2014, 08:34:32 PM »

Wow.  U are totes jelly of Wichita st.  Why does the success of other state universities bother you so much?   Very losery IMO.

Offline chemhawk

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 06, 2014, 08:45:55 PM »

Wow.  U are totes jelly of Wichita st.  Why does the success of other state universities bother you so much?   Very losery IMO.

WSU deserves a 1 seed IMHO .   Except for their coach a very easy team to root for. 

Last years record is irrelevant tho.   

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2014, 08:56:44 PM »
Not when evaluating a mid major that is undefeated in a "crappy conference" and finished off the previous year in the final four. You evaluate that team differently.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2014, 09:03:18 PM »
My stance on Wichita State.

a) they deserve any recognition and praise they get this year and last. They are good and they win a lot.

b) I absolutely can't stand them and hope they lose every game. I would certainly cheer for ku if they played.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2014, 09:04:24 PM »

a) they deserve any recognition and praise they get this year and last. They are good and they win a lot.

b) I absolutely can't stand them and hope they lose every game. I would certainly cheer for ku if they played.

YES rough ridin' THIS ^^^

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2014, 09:05:39 PM »

:sdeek:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 06, 2014, 09:14:15 PM »
Not when evaluating a mid major that is undefeated in a "crappy conference" and finished off the previous year in the final four. You evaluate that team differently.

I don't know.  Maybe you do, maybe the universal "you" does, but the only "you" that is germane to the discussion is the yous on the selection committee.  I tend to think that they have come to rely on standards that are measurable and repeatable, as a CYA protocol. I could be wrong, but then again I've already been wrong once today, so statistically speaking it would be incredibly unlikely that I'm wrong again.   

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 06, 2014, 09:15:25 PM »
Talking about WSU is brilliant bait for KU butthurt. :love:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 06, 2014, 09:19:25 PM »

Do you think I'm bh about WSU?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 06, 2014, 09:20:12 PM »

Do you think I'm bh about WSU?

Not really. chemhawk tho.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 06, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »

I don't know.  Maybe you do, maybe the universal "you" does, but the only "you" that is germane to the discussion is the yous on the selection committee.  I tend to think that they have come to rely on standards that are measurable and repeatable, as a CYA protocol. I could be wrong, but then again I've already been wrong once today, so statistically speaking it would be incredibly unlikely that I'm wrong again.
If VCU went undefeated after their run vs you and the country the next year, do you think they would have deserved a #1 seed?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 06, 2014, 09:23:04 PM »

If VCU went undefeated after their run vs you and the country the next year, do you think they would have deserved a #1 seed?

I'm a fan with an obvious bias and no real consequence for my opining, so I don't see how that's relevant.