Author Topic: Cornhuskers  (Read 32167 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cornhuskers
« Reply #275 on: December 30, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
Most are sad they left the BigXII and want back in.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=181&mid=169751778&sid=928&tid=169751778&style=2&Override=1

Still a decent amount of Texas jealousy in there.

Why do they keep talking about Texas's "Stacked Deck"?

Probably because there was a time when they were college football royalty; 70s through the 90s when the Big 12 formed. They know they will never be a program like that again. The Nebraska fan always had a chip on their shoulder, but the 90's run of 3 titles in 4 years altered their perception of their place in the college football landscape. In part I can't blame them after a run like that.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 30, 2013, 09:13:23 AM »

http://nebraska.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=181&mid=169751778&sid=928&tid=169751778&style=2&Override=1

they like to think Texas used some untoward advantage in beating them instead of the reality which is Texas just beat them.

catzacker

« Reply #277 on: December 30, 2013, 09:16:50 AM »

It's their way of making excuses for why they started to suck.  Partial qualifiers, blah, blah, blah, Big 12 Championship game location blah, blah, blah Big 12 office location blah blah blah.  They never replaced Tom and they needed someone to blame - Texas was a convenient excuse. 

Fun fact:  during Mack's tenure (since '98) Texas won the exact same amount of Big 12 Championships (2) as NU did during their time in the Big 12......which is the same number as KSU has won. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 30, 2013, 09:18:14 AM »

It's their way of making excuses for why they started to suck.  Partial qualifiers, blah, blah, blah, Big 12 Championship game location blah, blah, blah Big 12 office location blah blah blah.  They never replaced Tom and they needed someone to blame - Texas was a convenient excuse. 

Fun fact:  during Mack's tenure (since '98) Texas won the exact same amount of Big 12 Championships (2) as NU did during their time in the Big 12......which is the same number as KSU has won. 

Imagine how terrible we'd be if we won 3 titles in 4 years. Or any fanbase really. Its hard to believe that run was almost 20 years ago now.

catzacker

« Reply #279 on: December 30, 2013, 09:24:16 AM »

Imagine how terrible we'd be if we won 3 titles in 4 years. Or any fanbase really. Its hard to believe that run was almost 20 years ago now.

Oh, it was a fantastic run, even outside those 4 years.  From '80-'99, they won (or shared) a conf title 13 times.  13 out of 20 years they were conf champions, with 3 Natty's.......then from '00 - through present.....ZERO.  Nothing. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 30, 2013, 09:29:57 AM »
I don't even remember them being good. they've sucked the entire time I've been paying attention to college football.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 30, 2013, 09:32:23 AM »
I don't even remember them being good. they've sucked the entire time I've been paying attention to college football.
:thumbs:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 30, 2013, 09:51:41 AM »

i am also under 40, steve

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 30, 2013, 10:02:33 AM »

i am also under 40, steve

unfortunately, my father greeted me to college football with many poundings at the hands of Nebraska.  I'm also under 40 :confused:
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 30, 2013, 10:05:58 AM »
That thread is great. How much more money are they even making in the Big 10, if any at all?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2013, 10:40:20 AM »
My becoming a fan of Miami and FSU as a child was a direct result of cheering against Nebraska in the 92-95 Orange Bowls.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 30, 2013, 10:51:44 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 30, 2013, 11:35:49 AM »
They'll make good money in the BiG once they become a full member. 

I maybe luke here, but is it true that Cornhole was passed over by the BiG for Michigan for the BWW bowl?

If so, what has changed?   The whined and pissed and moaned about the Big 12, yet on almost every single issue they voted in lockstep with Texas.   They moaned about the PQ vote in the early stages of the Big 12, does the BiG allow PQ's? 

It was pretty hilarious watching Texas V-Ball beat them in their home arena in the NCAA V-ball tourney.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 30, 2013, 12:47:16 PM »
Most nights I say a little prayer that the BiG will put in some very anti JC bylaws, will prolly happen if Nebraska actually wins the league.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 16, 2014, 12:47:31 PM »
texas will forever be in their heads

@Sirles71_HSKR
New addition to the helmet for the game #hornsdown pic.twitter.com/dM3yGewxVL

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 16, 2014, 12:55:17 PM »
texas will forever be in their heads

@Sirles71_HSKR
New addition to the helmet for the game #hornsdown pic.twitter.com/dM3yGewxVL

In Soviet Union Nebraska, cow brands you!

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 19, 2014, 04:21:23 PM »

I maybe luke here, but is it true that Cornhole was passed over by the BiG for Michigan for the BWW bowl?

If so, what has changed?   The whined and pissed and moaned about the Big 12, yet on almost every single issue they voted in lockstep with Texas.   They moaned about the PQ vote in the early stages of the Big 12, does the BiG allow PQ's? 

It was pretty hilarious watching Texas V-Ball beat them in their home arena in the NCAA V-ball tourney.

That was pretty funny! Almost as amusing as watching North Dakota embarrass you in your "new" stadium. :lol: :lol:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 19, 2014, 04:26:43 PM »

That was pretty funny! Almost as amusing as watching North Dakota embarrass you in your "new" stadium. :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

@JHopkins247 BREAKING: Dodge City (Kan.) DL Terrell Clinkscales has decommitted from #Nebraska for #KState

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 19, 2014, 05:22:54 PM »
Cornholefootball: Perpetual Butthurt lives here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 19, 2014, 05:23:20 PM »
"Classiest fans in America"

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 19, 2014, 05:45:52 PM »
This reminds me

I wish someone still had the audio from when Josh Freeman decommited and The husker announcer spent the first 15 minutes of his radio show just destroying a high school kid and melting down about K-State while sounding like he was on the verge of tears.

Please post that if you have it, thanks.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 19, 2014, 06:35:48 PM »
This reminds me

I wish someone still had the audio from when Josh Freeman decommited and The husker announcer spent the first 15 minutes of his radio show just destroying a high school kid and melting down about K-State while sounding like he was on the verge of tears.

Please post that if you have it, thanks.

Just go to any social media today and you will find nice 140 character paraphrases of it.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 20, 2014, 04:20:40 PM »

Still mad about the BWWB mushing you?  :frown:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 10, 2014, 12:27:54 AM »
Probably luked bigtime, but I honestly didn't know that Carl Pelini is a former wild wildcat. (Coach and journalism alum!) :horrorsurprise:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Pelini#Coaching_career

Coaching career

Prior to finishing his first degree, Pelini began his coaching career with a two-year stint beginning in 1987 as an assistant at his alma mater, Cardinal Mooney High School in Youngstown.

The following year, 1989, Pelini completed his bachelor’s degree in English Literature from Youngstown State University, and later in the same year was brought aboard the staff at Kansas State University by LHC Bill Snyder as a Graduate Assistant. Two years later he moved up from Graduate Assistant to a position on staff as a Restricted Earnings Coach, while he simultaneously completed his Master's Degree in Journalism at Kansas State. Coincidentally, Pelini's last year on the Kansas State coaching staff was also the first year future fellow Nebraska Assistant Mike Ekeler (Now Co-Defensive Coordinator at the Indiana University) played for the same team.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:18:07 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 10, 2014, 03:35:46 PM »
Probably luked bigtime, but I honestly didn't know that Carl Pelini is a former wild wildcat. (Coach and journalism alum!) :horrorsurprise:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Pelini#Coaching_career

Coaching career

Prior to finishing his first degree, Pelini began his coaching career with a two-year stint beginning in 1987 as an assistant at his alma mater, Cardinal Mooney High School in Youngstown.

The following year, 1989, Pelini completed his bachelor’s degree in English Literature from Youngstown State University, and later in the same year was brought aboard the staff at Kansas State University by LHC Bill Snyder as a Graduate Assistant. Two years later he moved up from Graduate Assistant to a position on staff as a Restricted Earnings Coach, while he simultaneously completed his Master's Degree in Journalism at Kansas State. Coincidentally, Pelini's last year on the Kansas State coaching staff was also the first year future fellow Nebraska Assistant Mike Ekeler (Now Co-Defensive Coordinator at the Indiana University) played for the same team.

I think Carl's treatment from Bill fueled Bo's rage that one time when he lost his crap as DC for Neb.  Now it's just another log in Bo's fire pit.